Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 279

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Masse
Damned Developer

Re: Random WIP

Post by Masse »

Pxtl wrote:Wait, so damned is space-nazis vs. orcs? Whoa. However, I'm pretty sure the nazi emblem should be texture and not model.
I think we can afford to make it a model :P there is third faction in the making too :P
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

maybe something Azaremoth?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

new head, new torso, UV and texture are up next
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

manolo_ wrote:maybe something Azaremoth?
We have no idea what your trying to say?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Me neither...
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

bout 90% finished, just a few greebs to clean up
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

whats that blue thing one the side of your seydlitz?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

I think he said blue was his untextured areas.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Das Bruce wrote:I think he said blue was his untextured areas.
Correct. Thats part of the 10% i haven't done. *hands Bruce a beer*
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Speights if you've got it.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Lion Red's all I got.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Masse wrote:
manolo_ wrote:maybe something Azaremoth?
We have no idea what your trying to say?
wasnt there a small willing to merge your 2 mods in the future?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

There is nothing speaking against such thoughts/visions - there just were no plans made so far though. I guess Masse and rattle will have enough work for months before we can talk or even think about a fusion project.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

azaremoth wrote:There is nothing speaking against such thoughts/visions - there just were no plans made so far though. I guess Masse and rattle will have enough work for months before we can talk or even think about a fusion project.
Indeed.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Masse wrote:
Pxtl wrote:Wait, so damned is space-nazis vs. orcs? Whoa. However, I'm pretty sure the nazi emblem should be texture and not model.
I think we can afford to make it a model :P there is third faction in the making too :P
I think the point Pxtl was getting at was not the use of polies in creating it but the inclusion of it in the model rather than texture making distribution of a cleansed version in the countries which ban the presentation of the swastika, i.e. Germany, more difficult. I could be wrong.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

No, actually I was just thinking that details like that look like noise when viewed from afar, whereas the texture might not be visible from range but at least it will get mipmapped and filtered into a blur instead of being pixellicious noise.

But the Germany consideration is worth thinking about.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Neddie wrote:
Masse wrote:
I think the point Pxtl was getting at was not the use of polies in creating it but the inclusion of it in the model rather than texture making distribution of a cleansed version in the countries which ban the presentation of the swastika, i.e. Germany, more difficult. I could be wrong.
There won't be cleansed version. And Damned will remain free :) If your offended don't download :P
Pxtl wrote:No, actually I was just thinking that details like that look like noise when viewed from afar, whereas the texture might not be visible from range but at least it will get mipmapped and filtered into a blur instead of being pixellicious noise.
I recommend using anti-aliasing ;) and would love to do lod models but simply don't have enough manpower for that.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm not at all offended. There are legal concerns, however, for instance in Germany the distribution or use can be punished with imprisonment or a fine, see Strafgesetzbuch § 86a. It may also be illegal in Poland and Brazil, depending on interpretation of local laws.

Due to the potentially strong German player base and to avoid controversy elsewhere we elected to omit the swastika from 1944 - I don't believe it was an easy decision, since we have a commitment to a significant degree of realism and historical accuracy, but it had to be made.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Neddie wrote:I'm not at all offended. There are legal concerns, however, for instance in Germany the distribution or use can be punished with imprisonment or a fine, see Strafgesetzbuch § 86a. It may also be illegal in Poland and Brazil, depending on interpretation of local laws.

Due to the potentially strong German player base and to avoid controversy elsewhere we elected to omit the swastika from 1944 - I don't believe it was an easy decision, since we have a commitment to a significant degree of realism and historical accuracy, but it had to be made.
"If your offended don't download" was directed to everyone.
There have been fair amount of movies that have swastika and the swastika can be seen in the internet or on tv. There is no need to censor it from Damned.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

gonna add bling bling gold chains made of swastiskas around the necks of all human robot like units, big enough to be seen from far far away... also it is now decided that the fourth side will be evil lawyers from outer space who mutter mental phrases in legalese and they're armed with heavy criminal codes which they bitchslap you with

funny that no one objected that the swastika and eagle were reversed

Return to “Art & Modelling”