Movie recommendation - Page 3

Movie recommendation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Zydox
Lobby Developer

Re: Movie recommendation

Post by Zydox »

Battle Royale

Got to love it :)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Movie reccomandation

Post by zwzsg »

Zydox wrote:Battle Royale
Hated it. Stupid over-known movie. Go watch "Ichi the Killer" or "Versus" instead (and remember, say NO to dubbing, it'd ruin the film).
Satirik wrote:Funny Games, awesome german movie
Negative. It's Austrian.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

best german movie: M, really good acting peter lorre, still modern plot and a modern cutting/regisseur-work

my fav movie is Shichinin no samurai (besides other great movie of a. kurosawa) it has real good plot, but is a lil bit long-winded (?)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Austrians wish they were German, and that's a fact.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

They hate us but we could turn off their electricity :twisted:
That would really be fun we should turn it off every new year at 12 o clock

I never knew they might not like us youtube told me.
Germans on the other hand have no real reason to hate Austrians.
We have our own austrians that we can hate they are called bavarians.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Machete234 wrote: Germans on the other hand have no real reason to hate Austrians.
+1 :mrgreen:
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

manolo_ wrote:
Machete234 wrote: Germans on the other hand have no real reason to hate Austrians.
+1 :mrgreen:
hey, i am bavarian, and i demand a apology in the name of all babarians insulted here..
but hey, on the otherside, if you watch all thos north-folks travell home on friday afternoon on the highways, who work here, home to visit there unemployed family and friends, home to a boring countryside, were no innovation kissed the earth since god knows when, home to where hitler had his most devoted followers (90 % of the protestant-lutheranic flatland dwellers) well we understand your envy, swallow it and die.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

First I dont live in the north and I dont work in bavaria, so I dont have to go home there on the weekend.
This could also be wishful thinking of the people living there
"see they live in total poverty and have to come to work here"
Or do you know where they all live? Maybe they live in a neighboring land which would be ex-GDR, so small wonder they have more unemployment.

Second we know the city of the "brown revolution" was munich. I dont even know why you bring this up with this hitler thing you just give me ammunition

Third in bavaria people traditionally vote for a party that fishes for votes a bit too right of the middle so that makes most of the bavarians conservative pricks.
The politicians are mostly idiots.

Bavarians thinking they are special while they arent is pissing about 15 other federal lands off. (good cars built outside bavaria, smart people everywhere etc)

Apologize? nope.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

All the other federal states (exclude baden-w├╝ttembergh and Hessen) that are that sucessfull, sorry to say it, are governed by conservative pricks. Sometimes a asshole as chieftain is betta, than no bufallosteak on the table.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I prefer not having to pay studiyng fees and such so I always vote left of the middle.
Things like that enhance life and youre not necessarily worse off than in baw├╝ or bavaria.
Im in rlp, one of the last red federal countries.
The other red countries are in the east and its pretty obvious why they have it worse.

Enough politics I wanted to recommend a movie.
"Walz with bashir", an israeli soldier tries to remember his time in the lebanon war. Its half a documentary made as a cartoon (maybe with rotoscoping like in a scanner darkly).
This film has a strong after effect because its about the cruelties of war.
Its one of the best films I have seen this year.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

It is a intersting topic for a animation but when it comes to quality, a scanner darkly and Renaissance are supperior. And on wars itself, books bring you into the subject way moar intense.

Legendary Book: Ron Leshem - If theres a heaven.

ALSO: A scanner darkly depicts fugly reality. You must watch it.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The Jacket (2005)
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

"bronson" was so ridiculous. worth a watch if you can handle some dong

edit lol handle dong :D
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

-Inland Empire (or any David Lynch movie)
Watch this with an open mind. Don't expect a clear story, thats not what it is about. Just try to go with the atmosphere and you'll have a good 'trip' ;-)

-Quiet an unknown western, but a good one, "The Oxbow Incident". Not your typical John Wayne or Eastwood kind of western.

-If you have never seen Metropolis, go watch it :P One of the first SciFi movies. (I love the style of that period.)

-I also liked Zombieland. It is a zombie comedy (if that is a genre).
Panda

Post by Panda »

Zombieland was cool!

I also recommend, "Legend of the Tsunami Warrior". It's about a royal family, pirates, a guy with what seems like Druid powers, has a great story, and it has awesome fight scenes.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Legend-of ... ray/10228/
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

mannn normally im a fan of comedies and zombie movies; zombieland didn't do much for me though... they tried to make it too many different things... not a total loss, but it felt like a variety show or something; to me a zombie movie shouldn't be a date movie, but that's how it turned out

not that it was shit, i still enjoyed it somewhat, but hell... if i want zombies and a good laugh, i'll watch planet terror
Gota

Post by Gota »

-
Gota

Post by Gota »

Dangerous Liaisons 1988.
excellent cast, good acting and good story...
There are a few more movies revolving aroudn this story which is based on a book but this is by far the superior one.

Glenn Close and John Malkovich are at top form in this and id even say these roles are one of the best in the careers of both.
The directing is also very good.
Panda

Post by Panda »

KaiserJ wrote:mannn normally im a fan of comedies and zombie movies; zombieland didn't do much for me though... they tried to make it too many different things... not a total loss, but it felt like a variety show or something; to me a zombie movie shouldn't be a date movie, but that's how it turned out

not that it was shit, i still enjoyed it somewhat, but hell... if i want zombies and a good laugh, i'll watch planet terror
I was more entertained by the funny scenes like when Woody Harrelson's character took out a zombie by hitting it with the car door or when he found the Twinkies. I don't find that I often specifically get into date-themed movies either, though.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”