Spring WD, the return. - Page 2

Spring WD, the return.

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Pxtl

Re: Spring WD, the return.

Post by Pxtl »

Good to hear you're back. Never played WD the first time around - how does it play? Any plans for how this is going to work, gameplay wise? A lot of devs have been trying experimental things with cities in-game (PURE for one), and a modern setting sounds like an appropriate venue for that.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Don't forget to request a subforum when you get started!

Oh, also
JohannesH wrote:Yeah, TA mods are such good and proven concept that other Spring games wont be catching up to that level of gameplay too soon
Stop ba-fanboying all over other games threads.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

God so much trolling in this thread :(

Awesome to hear about this. Just wanted to give this thread the Tribulex Seale of Approvel
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

YES I want to know what is new! lol

I took a break for a few reasons, one of them was to wait for a solution to the aircraft problem.

How possible is the following;

-Aircraft taking off CTOL (Conventional Take-Off and Landing) opposed to VTOL and landing on runways, not the ground.
-Weapon load-outs, I.E. the same aircraft or MLRS can be used to employ different munitions, I.E. having an F-16 loaded out for a bomber mission rather than air dominance or having an MLRS loaded with ATACMS or guided M30 rockets.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Possible with lua but substantial coding involved.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Such should be the subtitle of anything cool in Spring.

I'm a new guy, but welcome back and I'm anxious to see what you make!
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

luckywaldo7 wrote:Oh, also
JohannesH wrote:Yeah, TA mods are such good and proven concept that other Spring games wont be catching up to that level of gameplay too soon
Stop ba-fanboying all over other games threads.
bob started it -> cant resist
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

As for aircraft, take a look at how S44 did it. We don't have aircraft ever land on the map, they come from offmap and return there once their fuel is out. Could solve CTOL problem rather nicely, and those few aircraft that are supposed to land in or near battle zone (transport helicopters) have no problem with being VTOL.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Good luck with the return. I have fond memories of messing around with WD back in the day.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

yeah it was super cool. I think i still have it on my old hard drive along with other favorites like deltasieg and war evo.
albator

Post by albator »

AWESOME !!!

WD is the reason I discover the spring community. I played it with OTA before
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Time to get off my lazy ass and download all the tools again.

What are the standards today? especially for UV mapped models? what software is the standard? Rhino3D still good?
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

the most used seem to be wings 3D and blender
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

If you are starting anew I would suggest starting with blender, see below for new format, has blender export:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22635
pawelnrg

Post by pawelnrg »

:shock: Yopiiii :o nice to hear that!!! :-) if im happy to testing or giving any different possible help...

only asking than GrOuNd_ZeRo You not afraid than its do mod not playable (to complicated)??

and about plane is possible to landing only at airport and limited range for missile???

sorry possibly than my question look like totally ignorance but only one thinks what i do for games is maps 10 year ago...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

In retrospect I'd like to apologize if my earlier attempt at humor was offensive, it just struck me all of the sudden that you were one of the original OTA guys, which deserves some respect for that alone if you're still at it. And on the same project, no less.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

A quote of a post without elaboration does not constitute a useful post unless it is bringing important or requested information out of, say, the darkness of time. Please do not merely make contentless posts.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*om nom nom nom nom nom om nom nom nom nom*

Sadly such is the nature of these forums, people want to make posts and postcount++ so that they can get to the number 1 spot.

I on the other hand spent most of the earlydays of this forum, posting posts to clarify further, posts I had already posted, that where full of horrible misspellings and grammatical errors. I am now in the lead, and have been for the last 5 years running by several thousand.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

G_Z hasn't visited in over 10 days, so we can probably assume he's disappeared back into the ether. 8)

Return to “Game Development”