Any screenshots?

Any screenshots?

[ARCHIVED]

Moderators: Caydr, Moderators, Content Developer

1v0ry_k1ng

Any screenshots?

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Can you take a screenshot of any stuff you do have ingame?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Re: Any screenshots?

Post by Caydr »

Absolutely not and under no circumstances.

If you took my cat for ransom, I would merely trigger her killswitch to end her suffering, then buy a new cat.

If you held a gun to my head, I'd ask you if you could let me write a suicide note first so it looks like I did it because of Fox News.

But definitely no screenshots.

I am become developer, denier of screens.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

What if we request that your subforum be closed lest you release some form of material proof that you are working on something?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

MidKnight wrote:What if we request that your subforum be closed lest you release some form of material proof that you are working on something?
sarcastic - yes
reasonable - yes
fair - maybe
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

manolo_ wrote:
MidKnight wrote:What if we request that your subforum be closed lest you release some form of material proof that you are working on something?
sarcastic - yes
reasonable - yes
fair - maybe
Funny? - You bet.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Half the things in the project subforums are either not available yet or in the early stages.

If you want proof that I know how to mod, there's AA/BA, if you want proof I know how to create and implement original content on a large scale there are still GEM screens floating around somewhere or other.

I posted ingame shots of maybe a dozen units or so but regardless of how gigantic the disclaimers were, people were missing the fact that I hadn't even begun doing final texture work yet. I really don't want a repeat of that.

Besides all this, there's the fact that I myself don't know for sure which of the units/concepts I currently have working will make it into the final product, so it would be deceptive to post anything.

And, on top of all that, many of the most interesting parts of this new mod's design can be derived from seeing it in action. I would like the ideas I have to make a splash when I release the new mod, rather than have any of them borrowed for use in other mods and lessen the impact.
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

I won't be creating forums for people who do not represent a valid mod or game project....In order for your project to be valid it must have a working build (if it's a private build then I may request to see videos, the amount of content that must be shown will depend on the nature of the project, I will accept alpha and beta projects that are in earlier development, but I won't accept stuff that doesn't appear to be anything more than hype) and evidence of valid interest (a 5+ page forum thread works fine, but so would a lobby channel with 20 idlers or an existing project website with a good few hundred hits)
Come back when you have something more than walls of text. Seriously Caydr how many times are you going to do this?

IM ANNOUNCIN MAH MOD-SUB-FORAM
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I dont know why you should care, its not like screens of some random game would make your life any happier

Its done when its done if its done, why keep obsessing over it before that, especially if youre sceptical about will it ever be finished. Seems like a waste of time.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

d-gun wrote:
The rules
Come back when you have something more than walls of text. Seriously Caydr how many times are you going to do this?

IM ANNOUNCIN MAH MOD-SUB-FORAM
So whose account are you a smurf for? You seem to be quite the expert for someone that only just registered.

In any case, Noize (an ex-moderator) knows a lot more than I've posted here. He hasn't seen screens either, but when I explained the concept to him he felt that it was ambitious but doable as a single-person project. I'm hoping he's good at keeping secrets, or else has a bad memory. Still, he can serve as an additional reference if necessary.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Did you ever publicise those GEM screenshots?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think I have some of them on an old drive.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Wow, sometimes you hoard good shit.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Don't be deceived, people will trick themselves with that belief into reverting to extreme hording. :-)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Found these a little while back, I guess it wouldn't hurt to re-post them.

Models not final, textures not final, scale not final, etc, etc.
gem1.jpg
gem1.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 8249 times
gem2.jpg
gem2.jpg (34.04 KiB) Viewed 8249 times
f4-4.jpg
f4-4.jpg (14.19 KiB) Viewed 8249 times

The only reason I bothered to post them at the time was that I was the first modder to put a working S3O model into the game.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

There's also this:

To be clear, that's a Core Storm, which will not be featured in the new mod.
And no, the texture is not final, however in this case the model actually is.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Caydr wrote:There's also this:

To be clear, that's a Core Storm, which will not be featured in the new mod.
And no, the texture is not final, however in this case the model actually is.
looks awesome, couldnt u release it, so someone could uvmap and texture it?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

For what purpose? Anyone with the skills to uvmap and texture it competently could model it from scratch just as easily and probably do a better job.

I made the Storm along with a bunch of other TA units in high detail like that but because of my enthusiasm for the project (at the time) they all look a bit rushed. I think I did most or all of the level 1 units and structures... or at least the units. I should look through them sometime for my portfolio, but that's the only way they're going to see the light of day now.

This thread was created to call me out and get some proof that I have the skills needed for a project like this. However for reasons I've already stated, I won't be releasing any media relating to my new project until close to release time. Instead I've re-posted some things that are already out there but which the author of the thread must not have been aware of.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The point being why would they bother modelling it when you've already done that?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

AF wrote:The point being why would they bother modelling it when you've already done that?
+1 and immo nobody did a real remodelling of the bots of TA
Gota

Post by Gota »

No,come on fellas...This is Caydr's Property If he'll want to release it he will.

Return to “Caydr's Projects”