Spring WD, the return.

Spring WD, the return.

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

GrOuNd_ZeRo

Spring WD, the return.

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Please move this as you see fit mods.

I am coming back with WD, I will start perlimary re-development now and I will work on this as much as I can as soon as i'm stationed in South Korea.

Some of my best progress was while I was there so I didn't have distractions from RL I.E. the wife.

Like I stated before, i'm completely redoing WD.
Das Bruce

Re: Spring WD, the return.

Post by Das Bruce »

Needs more planes.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

What's WD?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

oksnoop2 wrote:What's WD?
World Domination, modern warfare mod.
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

I was thinking just the other day that a modern warfare mod would be cool, I mean S44 is cool but it's old! WW1 and WW2 is so boring now.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Sausage wrote:I was thinking just the other day that a modern warfare mod would be cool, I mean S44 is cool but it's old! WW1 and WW2 is so boring now.
yeah and the people were so tiny then. Now we have behemoths and reavers and hulks and supermutants.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

cool =)

will you be using your own designs, or basing your models on IRL vehicles and such? i am aware of WD but i think it was from before i joined the community. welcome back in either case
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I did a "complete top-to-bottom-redo announcement with no substantive proof that anything is happening or will ever happen" thread like two weeks ago. Can you at least try to be original?

And before you even think about it, I already did "and I'm not posting any screens until I have something to release" as well.

Look, I'm all for competition but this has got to stop. How about I let you have "my hard drive crashed, I was almost ready for a beta release" and we can discuss who gets the next one from there.

How about you redirect all that trolling energy into something productive instead?
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

The biggest setback to WD was my hard drive crashing last time I was in Korea, now I am swamped with my military life, in Korea I will have more time to dedicate to it.

I just need to motivate my self to download all the apps I need...

Flozi, would you be interested in working together on this? perhaps we can share code and resources?

is there a list of all the latest software for Spring? I have been gone for a long time.

And Caydr, 2 weeks ago? hardly, I have been gone forever.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Whoa slow down there tiger I wasn't expecting you to use it that fast. This is just unreasonable.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I'll help out as I can G_Z, and of course S44 code is available for anyone to use (Though I wouldn't always reccomend it :lol: ).

Can't make any promises beyond that though, S44 keeps me pretty busy as it is, and I try and help as many newbie modders as possible, and of course i need to make headway with my ABC tutorial minimods project. :cry:
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

FLOZi wrote:I try and help as many newbie modders as possible
why?
and of course i need to make headway with my ABC tutorial minimods project. :cry:
No you don't need to.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Welcome back. When I get time after finals and reports, maybe I can lend a hand as well. I helped a little on the TA mod, but I don't know if you remember me.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

HOLY SHIT.

WD is coming back?

I remember rebalancing it with a friend a while back, we fixed some issues and make a biological warefare nuke that only effected humans, and we made helis less stupid!

God, i wish i still had a copy of it :(

man, that mod was so much better than s44. it makes me giggle just thinking about it xD
Last edited by Spawn_Retard on 28 Mar 2010, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

well, I think that modern warfare has its advantages, I don't think it's productive to say X is better than Y (unless of course it's _A mods that have been abused time and time again)
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

bobthedinosaur wrote:well, I think that modern warfare has its advantages, I don't think it's productive to say X is better than Y (unless of course it's _A mods that have been abused time and time again)
Yeah, TA mods are such good and proven concept that other Spring games wont be catching up to that level of gameplay too soon
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

but the game play WD had was actually really fun like 2-3 years ago, and wasn't in a beta for a hundred years.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:I am coming back
Welcome back! I suppose you'll want to know if there have been any recent advances?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

could somebody gimme more infos about that mod (i just saw some vids on youtube), are there tech-lvls? what faction, ressources,...?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Raghna's Post was removed. ~SinbadEV

Return to “Game Development”