Original TA3D here. Screenshots inside and help requested :)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Babax

Post by Babax »

Screenshots:

TA3D is a remake of the engine of Total Annihilation but in real 3D, preserving original gameplay and atmoshpere! TA3D is developped for different OS (Windows, Linux, OS X and other), current version is 0.6.10.

Site: http://www.ta3d.org

Youtube videos:
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=PxkL0IIth04
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9Alw8gI_M

Current TA3D version 0.6.10. features:
- online mod repository with support of 20+ OTA mods
- multiplayer games support with internet server
- playing original TA campaigns
- scirmish games agains multple AI
- save/load single games
- extended TA mod support (mod managment feature)
- mega-zoom feature
- powerfull 3DMeditor (TA3D utility to create/import/export units)
- LUA support
- 3do, obj, 3DM, S30 models format support
- many other

3DMeditor features:
- import/export 3D models (3ds,3do,3dm, S3O) 3dm - TA3D format, that stores model and texture in the same file
- transparency support for textures
- texture animation
- shaders support
- animation (and cyclic animation support) - allows using of animated 3D map features like swing trees and others.
- many other

We are currently assembling of full set of OTA-style units, to replace original OTA CC units with more detailed model. We are asking for your help to point the mod (or several mods) where are units, that can be used for replace TA+CC ones are present.

Also help with coding/modelling will be greatly appreciated, if anyone willing to help to develop TA3D.

Current windows version version 0.6.10. : ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windows/dev/0.6
Current mandrive version: http://ta3d.darkstars.co.uk/urpmi/ta3d.urpmi-media

Install guide:http://trac.ta3d.org/ (you`ll need at least totala1.hpi and totala2.hpi from OTA in /ta3d/recources/ to play scirmish.

Suggestions are wellcome :)
Last edited by Babax on 22 Mar 2010, 10:01, edited 2 times in total.
Gota

Re: Original TA3D here. Screenshots inside and help requested :)

Post by Gota »

get a basic multiplayer lobby going..or use one of springs if you can...you will much more testing and many players this way..Even at this stage..
Babax

Post by Babax »

Gota wrote:get a basic multiplayer lobby going..or use one of springs if you can...you will much more testing and many players this way..Even at this stage..
We already have the internet server integrated in the TA3D GUI, just select Multiplayer in the main menu.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

You have very nice trees, may I borrow them?
Babax

Post by Babax »

Beherith wrote:You have very nice trees, may I borrow them?
Of course you can :P
Argh

Post by Argh »

The 3DM format sounds pretty impressive. And it sounds like your editing suite's come a long way since the last time I looked at it.

Per-Piece shaders is a very cool feature. Can it support 3 texture passes, for things like normalmaps?

Also, please feel free to use anything you folks want from World Builder- it's a content repository / realtime map editing system that I am working on for Spring, with a very large number of models / skins in S3O format, using BOS/COB scripts, FBI/TDF, etc.. There isn't much in the way of TA unit replacements, but plenty of buildings, flora, little greeble objects, etc., for maps. All contents of World Builder are GPL or CC-SA, so feel free to use any of it you wish.

Oh, and lastly, please tell Zuzuf that none of the new versions of 3DMEditor operated on XP SP3. All the binaries crashed. The oldest alpha worked, but doesn't have any of the features in the screenshots of the new one.

The newest alpha alpha release on the FTP is also missing the mingw DLL. And you should probably post links to the editing suite in a public place, if you'd like to see it tested more often- I had to search around your FTP directories to find it ;)
Babax

Post by Babax »

Argh wrote:...
You must be testing the old 3DMeditor, since now 3DMEditor2 is on the way.

Here`s the latest binaries of 3DMEditor2 http://www.neonuclear.ru/ta3d/3DMEditor_a7.rar

TA3D 0.6.+ versions are here ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windows/dev/0.6/

All the source code are located in http://trac.ta3d.org
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Good ot see progress!

( I assume your external lobby API is still present? )
Zuzuf

Post by Zuzuf »

Of course the external Lobby is still there :)

I've just released a new version of 3DMEditor2 (with all required DLLs ... normally) with all the features I added last week (you'll probably be interested in exporting to S3O format which is what we're using for unit models) : ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windo ... alpha_8.7z

Argh : the 3DM format supports up to 7 textures (+ 1 shadow map) per object, of course all objects can share the same set of textures. And the new version should run on XP SP3 :)
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Zuzuf wrote:Of course the external Lobby is still there :)

I've just released a new version of 3DMEditor2 (with all required DLLs ... normally) with all the features I added last week (you'll probably be interested in exporting to S3O format which is what we're using for unit models) : ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windo ... alpha_8.7z

Argh : the 3DM format supports up to 7 textures (+ 1 shadow map) per object, of course all objects can share the same set of textures. And the new version should run on XP SP3 :)
crash on start (no error msg)
Zuzuf

Post by Zuzuf »

I think I'll have to set up a new windows in a virtual machine I'll reserve to build 3DMEditor for windows ... I have 2 compilers installed on the same windows there may be a conflict somewhere :roll:
Babax

Post by Babax »

Zuzuf wrote:I think I'll have to set up a new windows in a virtual machine I'll reserve to build 3DMEditor for windows ... I have 2 compilers installed on the same windows there may be a conflict somewhere :roll:
3DMEditor2 works fine for me (Windows 7, Windows XP SP2)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

how about the performance of ta3d compared to spring?
Zuzuf

Post by Zuzuf »

I can play TA3D on my netbook (GMA950), it runs fine and there is a benchmark script which simulates a huge battle if you want to see that yourself. I haven't done much benchmarking with Spring so I can't really compare both I can only say you don't need killer hardware to run TA3D with most settings turned on.
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Nice work, hope to see more progress. :-)
Argh

Post by Argh »

@Zuzuf: it starts under windows XP SP3 on a Radeon 5750, and loads up S30 files. However, I'm not sure how to see textures- I've loaded one, but it doesn't show it on the model.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

you NEED to get rid of the weird eye on the bottom right of the GUI, its the only thing that still looks totally amaturish
tombom

Post by tombom »

Do you need to do anything to TA mods to make them work in TA3D?

Great work.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Where is my god now?
Babax

Post by Babax »

tombom wrote:Do you need to do anything to TA mods to make them work in TA3D? Great work.
If mod is a simple set of units with different properties - then you don`t have to do anything - it`ll work in TA3D just fine.

If there are new race or some non-native scripts (like teleportation) then you`ll have to create a ta3d.mod file (http://trac.ta3d.org/wiki/Mods) and use TA3D extensions for non-native OTA variables (like shields, teleportation and other... like Spring ones)

But TA3D is still need to be worked on, since there are many things that must be done :P Help with modelling/coding appretiated :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”