Announcement: P.U.R.E. 1.3 is near release. - Page 2

Announcement: P.U.R.E. 1.3 is near release.

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Argh

Re: Announcement: P.U.R.E. 1.3 is near release.

Post by Argh »

If you want to download the Demo and tell me what's broken, I'll take a look at the balance issues as they were at the time of release of 1.2 :-) The Demo's balance looked pretty good when tested with lots of people who I watched go through the learning curve. As I said, though... balance for MP is not, and will not be, a major consideration, unless there's a real audience for it.
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Sortof of topic...which AIs work with PURE?
Argh

Post by Argh »

NTAI probably does. I am working on a Lua AI, sort've a universal thing, but it will not be done before release.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Does NTAI even work right now? It seems to live in Shrodinger's box.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Nobody told me it was broken but I don't know if that's because my personal VS build is broken with spring, or if everybodies is. Nobody opened tickets on my redmine, and nobody complained in my thread, and kernel panic releases have been made, so it must be working for somebody =s

I keep meaning to release a version that works for me but never got around to it what with xmas happening
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Yeah, there is a NTai working under Spring 0.80.5.2, and I bundled it with Kernel Panic, after cleaning up the file mess it was originally shipped with. You can get it from either the full installer or the zip of Kernel Panic.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I will look at that, and see whether it works well enough to consider. Not having a true AI, even if it's stupid, is annoying. Pylon Wars and Skirmish aren't quite substitutes.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Any update?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Built a bunch of ships, to finish naval combat. Did some graphics stuff, which I'll talk about later. Finishing the savegame system.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

any update?
Argh

Post by Argh »

1. Particle System: built, still building specific systems (hoping to finish this week, but it's definitely a, "just one more thing" kind of situation).
2. 4 factions, with ocean combat: 90% done, need to make a few more things but it's a weekend project at this point.
3. Hero system: 50% done.
4. New shader stuff: done, other than minor messing about.
5. New World Builder content: ongoing process, as usual. There is no "done", it's "when are all the maps complete".
6. New maps: mainly done, need a couple more nice ocean / amphib maps still. Bear in mind that at this point, I'm prolly waiting for SSMF.
7. 3rd / 4th campaigns: not done, got interrupted by a lot of other things, may have to wait for me to write a new campaign system, but I have some ideas that will (probably) allow me to speed things up a lot.
8. New UI: done, other than minor tweaks.
9. Savegame system: done.
10. OS-agnostic frontend: 50% done.
11. AI to play campaign games a bit more intelligently: done.
12. Pylon Wars: been done for months, needs minor balance tweaks and a UI.
13. Upgrade tech: done.
14. New superweapons: done, but pending rework of particle systems.
15. Ponies for everybody who will read this list and whine that something they wanted isn't on the list: 50% done (what Solomon does to that poor pony, I'll leave to your imagination).
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

4 factions? I know the first 2, and the Wolfen/Nanoblobs faction... who's the 4th?
Argh

Post by Argh »

It's the Astrum Gallina.

I had a fifth faction on the table, but I don't think time permits.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Wait, what? Oh, you mean the nanoblobs and wolfen are two seperate factions? I'd assumed they were a single force.
Argh

Post by Argh »

No, the Wolfen are just one faction, robots and all.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

cool, multiple factions is always good

when you start beta testing for balance PM meee
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Argh wrote:It's the Astrum Gallina.

I had a fifth faction on the table, but I don't think time permits.
Astragawhat?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Chickens.
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

Any update on this? And are you support Linux properly this time around.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Currently, World Builder is really close to release-able. The major technology has all been built. The only major step now is to ensure that it is interoperable with other games / mods. Otherwise, it's mainly about how much content becomes available (and how much time I have to make it work).

P.U.R.E. is playable, but not all of the new content is done and I haven't finalized certain aspects.

Things that are being changed / aren't done yet:

1. The economy will not be endless or exponential. Power can be produced in endless amounts, but you will run out of Materials over time. With proper balance, this will hopefully give games a cleaner progression, and it will certainly make the campaign harder, because you can't just waste resources endlessly or tech endlessly.

2. There will definitely be hero units, ala Warcraft 3, that can be upgraded with experience, gaining new abilities or bonuses to their current abilities, and resurrected via a specific structure or by paying a penalty (not necessarily both- this may be one of the things that differentiates the sides). I haven't built the hero units yet, but most of the code is done.

3. The maps are all getting upgraded and made prettier, in anticipation of all the new Spring features that support this. i.e. ssmf, improved shadowmaps on most hardware, etc.. Some of these things aren't totally done yet (ssmf), so that's a WIP.

4. There's still a lot of content for the ocean warfare side of things to get done. That will take a week or two. Unfortunately, other things have been keeping me very busy.

5. Various new code in Spring hasn't been utilized yet.

6. 100% compatibility with Linux isn't quite done yet. It's getting close, I have the base UI mainly done, but it still requires a fair amount of work.

Return to “Argh's Projects”