Balanced Annihilation V7.12 - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Sucky_Lord

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Ohh, i see.. Well lets be honest nobody uses juggs anyway. As far as im concerned let the SM-noobs suffer :twisted:

Oh and im pleased to see the T1 bomber increased attack, ive been thinking for a few days they are simply too weak :/ This should balance it out better
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I'm not sure who maintains LUPS now, but please include this file in the next BA release. It eliminates some error messages when playing with the MT release...
Attachments
SimpleParticles2.lua
(15.17 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

HectorMeyer wrote:
- Healthbars widget now disables the engine ressurect bars.
It would be really nice if healthbars were completely gone when the healthbars widget was turned off - spectating battles would look better this way.
I think many want to still see them, e.g. know how much damage com or big units have etc.

If you still don't want them:
/showhealthbars 0
/showrezbars 0
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Sucky_Lord wrote:Ohh, i see.. Well lets be honest nobody uses juggs anyway. As far as im concerned let the SM-noobs suffer :twisted:
its not just speedmetal issue you dumbass
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Yup. There's also SpeedBall and SpeedBall16Way.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

very funny
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ack, no notice... Updating the updater thingy (Which will soon be obsolete I hope once the SD issues get worked out).
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

zerver wrote:I'm not sure who maintains LUPS now, but please include this file in the next BA release. It eliminates some error messages when playing with the MT release...
jK does and has always maintained LUPS. jK jK jK. I wish something could be done to make this more obvious, BA players seem to have an awful time grasping where they should be reporting problems with LUPS.
TheFatController wrote:
Niobium wrote:SAM sites are still buggy (But maybe less often now)
Damn, I basically reverted them to an older version before I messed around with them. I'll take another look, must be an engine change that caused it..
I was trying to get a new model i made to rotate like the SAM tower, and i couldnt get it to work: It would just keep spinning when aiming sometimes. Sounds like the same issue.

If this is new on the SAM tower, id say yes, thats engine change, it has broken a fair few of our scripts too (mostly ones that detected moving/stopped)...

Take a look at the script for the 'missiltower' in the 1faction SVN, it uses 3 turn orders in sequence to spin, rather than a spin order, which seems to be where the problem is. Its really a hacky non-optimum solution but at least it works.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Changelog 7.11 --> 7.12 wrote: - T1 air transports may now release damaged units when destroyed provided they're close to the ground (mid-unload only).
Does that count for commanders too? :o
About that SAM issue, is that spinning thingie necessary after all? I don't see flakkers or defenders dance around just for fun...
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Saktoth wrote:
zerver wrote:I'm not sure who maintains LUPS now, but please include this file in the next BA release. It eliminates some error messages when playing with the MT release...
jK does and has always maintained LUPS. jK jK jK. I wish something could be done to make this more obvious, BA players seem to have an awful time grasping where they should be reporting problems with LUPS.
I could see that jK is the original author. So where do you get new versions from... is there a LUPS "repository"?
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

zerver wrote:
Saktoth wrote:
I could see that jK is the original author. So where do you get new versions from... is there a LUPS "repository"?
Nope, CA's version is tied in with CA specific code for overdrive and mex effects and now BA's version has some code in it which relies on an additional gadget (for telling whether enemy units are under construction).
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

PURE has a Lups Module (ie in a separate .sdd). Dunno if it's free of game specific stuff though, I've not looked.

Also don't know if it's updated/maintained at the same pace as eg the CA one. If there is an up-to-date version, it's likely not lying around atm, since PURE v1.3 is not out yet - and thus neither is the Demo you could grab it from.

2nd edit - since it's been replied to, readded post...
Last edited by SeanHeron on 25 Feb 2010, 20:51, edited 3 times in total.
TheFatController

Technically the /lups/ folder is fine standalone to be fair, it's only Lups Manager that needs to be mod specific
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

JohannesH wrote:http://springrts.com/wiki/Balanced_Annihilation

oh man that is just horrible
Yes, I saw this as a problem about a year ago and made a start on that page.

Help out if you have a few minutes.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Whenever I turn Lups on in BA it only works for about 5 seconds before it crashes and disables Luaui completely.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

TheFatController wrote: - FFA mode will now remove commanders from players who drop in the first minute with no comwreck.

Have fun!
fuck you
TheFatController

hurr i don't understand a change so it made me angry :(
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

lol what dont i understand?
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Any smurfs and clan stacks will be automagically removed during the first minute

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”