Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Changelog 7.11 --> 7.12 wrote:- Added more new load screens.

- Modified the brick texture on arm buildings to look less like 20th century house bricks.

- Fixed Core SAM script issue (maybe).

- Fixed Ghostsite widget, now does not redraw all ghosted buildings.
- Fixed RedUI console bugs.
- Fixed Ally Resource Bars widget in spectator mode showing the wrong teams.
- LUPS should no longer draw effects on fusions under construction.
- LUPS shockwave effect now used a bit less.
- Turning off Lups Manager widget now also turns off the Shockwaves and Napalm Jitter gadget effects.
- FFA mode will now remove commanders from players who drop in the first minute with no comwreck.
- Healthbars widget now disables the engine ressurect bars.
- Healthbars widget modified the EMP effect.

- Improved Arm bomber effects.
- Fixed Arm and Core seaplane bomber effects.
- Arm Thunder bomb damage increased approx 10%.
- Core Shadow bomb damage increased approx 10%.
- T1 air transports may now release damaged units when destroyed provided they're close to the ground (mid-unload only).

- Arm FatBoy weapon given minor impulse effect.

- Arm Bulldog should not try to target air units anymore.
- Core Reaper should not try to target air units anymore.

- Arm Vanguard Range decreased 100, heightboostfactor increased (bonus range from high ground to low ground).
- Core Karganeth shoulder/head weapon activated, a weak slow loading AA only version of their main missile (mainly for looks).
Have fun!

Download Balanced Annihilation V7.12
Last edited by Regret on 12 Jun 2010, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Post by Gota »

gj
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Niobium

Post by Niobium »

SAM sites are still buggy (But maybe less often now)
TheFatController

Niobium wrote:SAM sites are still buggy (But maybe less often now)
Damn, I basically reverted them to an older version before I messed around with them. I'll take another look, must be an engine change that caused it..
Gota

Post by Gota »

Maybe its ok with the new spring version?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i know its a detail but i dont like most of new load screens, ba is all about unit spam and massive eco (mostly), load screens should represent that... currently its usually 1 ugly zoomed ba model and not that nice background
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Wombat wrote:i know its a detail but i dont like most of new load screens, ba is all about unit spam and massive eco (mostly), load screens should represent that... currently its usually 1 ugly zoomed ba model and not that nice background
if you wanted a true reflection of most BA games it would be a pic of BADSD so imo the loadscreens are some sort of an improvement.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

play less dsd, no u r not right
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I dont like the new loadscreens either. The batch before that is the best, the ones before that (~1 year ago?) are kinda crappy too due to low quality.

I'd like to have screens of real combat situations, comm flying from a liche hit, janus vs rocko fight, massive spam on comet, vanguard bombardment... but not 1 or 2 units walking alone on a nice looking map, thats boring.

These are nice changes still, especially with bombers, though I still kinda wish for 1 side to get the old dmg back... Now they can 1-hit defenders but not solars and nanos like old bomber.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

Take a look at the core metal extractor.. Its arms only go halfway up, and it does not wait untill its arms are completely up, it just starts turning straight away.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

JohannesH wrote: I'd like to have screens of real combat situations, comm flying from a liche hit, janus vs rocko fight, massive spam on comet, vanguard bombardment... but not 1 or 2 units walking alone on a nice looking map, thats boring.
johan is so cool
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

- Healthbars widget now disables the engine ressurect bars.
It would be really nice if healthbars were completely gone when the healthbars widget was turned off - spectating battles would look better this way.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

can juggernaut now walk over dragonteeths? ( too lazy to dl new spring / new ba since i know both will get updated in next week anyways )
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

JohannesH wrote:I'd like to have screens of real combat situations, comm flying from a liche hit, janus vs rocko fight, massive spam on comet, vanguard bombardment... but not 1 or 2 units walking alone on a nice looking map, thats boring.
Nice ideas, i'd like to see an image of one leveler destroying grouped kbots/flashes. Also, i think having an image of a comdrop in the enemy's base is a must, as this is what most BA games boil down to.
TheFatController

TradeMark wrote:can juggernaut now walk over dragonteeths? ( too lazy to dl new spring / new ba since i know both will get updated in next week anyways )
There's no way to do this without adding a new moveclass which would increase loadtimes and make everyone repath every map, seems a bit excessive to me for one very rarely used t3 unit.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

it would increase loadtimes by 4%

but anyways, cant you use krogoth movement class?

"and make everyone repath every map" dont we already need to do this every spring release..? i dont remember much times when i used old path files... probably because i dont copy my path files to new spring folder >_>
Last edited by TradeMark on 23 Feb 2010, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Why not just move it into vkbot5? Would it be horrible if the Jugg got a minor boost to its slope-tolerance and amphibiousness out of the deal? It's not like the damned thing would be _useful_ in the water.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Rather than it "walking over", it could simply follow suit with the krog and destroy the dteeth?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Sucky_Lord wrote:Rather than it "walking over", it could simply follow suit with the krog and destroy the dteeth?
... that's kind of what we meant. That is handled by the movement class. Creating more movement classes increases pathing cost. Giving the Jugg the same moveclass as the Krog would also give the jugg amphibiousness and the ability to climb slightly-steeper hills than it used to.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”