Spam thread

Spam thread

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Spam thread

Post by Tribulex »

Its that time of year again:

Is spam supposed to be a BA gameplay mechanic? Honestly it seems that spam should be nerfed. I am speaking about arm in particular. Flash spam is an early game-ender, and stumpy spam is gg.

eh?
Jazcash

Re: Spam thread

Post by Jazcash »

!vote kickban d_b
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Yes cause nobody likes porc ! Any tactic besides spamming tanks and more tanks is frowned upon as noobish and/or cheesy.

Set your factory waypoint to enemy base
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

im not concerned about the role of units as much as I am concerned about the mechanics of single unit spam. Often, it results in more porc because noobs expect ZOMG T3H FLAESHES and spam llt and hlt bs in dsd.

Edit: this or make better anti-spam units. Currenty the best antispam is porc, and a couple core units particularly stunners. However stunners are now broken, so....
Last edited by Tribulex on 05 Feb 2010, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

lev > flash
Mav

Post by Mav »

Wombat wrote:lev > flash
Yep, if you're getting owned by a single type of unit, it's your own fault, because there's always a counter to that unit. Levelers own flash, Janus does a decent job with some help from a couple LLTs or something.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

So what
Mav wrote:
Yep, if you're getting owned by a single type of unit, it's your own fault, because there's always a counter to that unit. Levelers own flash, Janus does a decent job with some help from a couple LLTs or something.

What counters stumpies? 8)
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Sabutai wrote:So what
Mav wrote:

What counters stumpies? 8)
Janus, flash, levelers, bladewings, turrets that are protected by units, t2 tanks, mines etc etc

Depends on The Situation
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Janus is horrible antispam, wtf?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

that was written by a ba noob.

also it lists 10 things to counter, only 2 of which are arm, and only 1 is t1. and that is a static turret.

so when you are arm, i guess the best thing to do is porc. Hmmm see my point?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

d_b wrote: so when you are arm, i guess the best thing to do is porc. Hmmm see my point?
Not really.
Mav

Post by Mav »

d_b wrote:Janus is horrible antispam, wtf?
Not if micro'd properly. Janus can fire backwards, you see a Flash spam and you start moving your Janus away from them. They have longer range than Flash, so they can manage to blow up quite a few before Flash get in range. The impulse from the Janus rockets cause the Flashes to get disoriented and slow them down, and one Janus rocket can nearly destroy a tightly-packed group of Flash.

Not as good as Leveler, but if you can't take out a Flash spam with an equal cost of Janus, you're not microing properly.

P.S. Anyone watch Janus versus Rocko/Storm spam? Epic.
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

Spamming stumpies requires a good metal income, if you can't counter it then it's probably because your metal income sux. If you were core you'd spam levelers and raiders and maybe mines (people don't use mines enough!)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

spam stumpies yourself.
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Otherside wrote:spam stumpies yourself.
No, he prefers warriors >_>

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM... wait, oops.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

JohannesH

Lev vs. Stumpies, really? No. Tried that. If stumpies are in play, it's because the battles are big. If the battles are big, the levellers will get snagged on wrecks and get pwned by the stumpies.

Vs Stumpies? More stumpies... and Beamers. Beamers are constantly underestimated.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

okay. make the same cost of janus and flash. You will find that the janus get pwnt. they are slow and have very long reload time.

janus are only really useful against porc, or against a few stronger units (like levelers or a com). Also useful when placed behind warriors.
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

Pxtl wrote:JohannesH

Lev vs. Stumpies, really? No. Tried that. If stumpies are in play, it's because the battles are big. If the battles are big, the levellers will get snagged on wrecks and get pwned by the stumpies.

Vs Stumpies? More stumpies... and Beamers. Beamers are constantly underestimated.
I didn't say levelers alone, I said with raiders, and that's if your core... ofc you'd make stumpies if you were arm. Beamers suck.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Pxtl wrote:JohannesH

You trying something and failing with it doesnt prove a whole lot I'm afraid. Line of levelers is a bitch to deal with stumpies since you cant just throw them forward in masses, thatll get you killed by the aoe.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”