CA Challenge : Chicken Forts

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

you're given a ton of options in terms of terraforming and base defense. even on the hardest chicken setting, a wise commander can avoid the danger and barricade himself in an impenetrable fortress.

various tricks can be employed (newton at the top of a steep ramp for instance) to increase the effectiveness of your fortress.

so. who makes the best forts in CA chicken?

i will pick two winners based on forum member responses to screenshots participants will take...

one based on fort effectiveness (traps, tricks and fiendish chicken disposal devices will score highest here)

and one based on fort sexiness (well layed out and visually attractive forts will score the highest... crenellations, decorations, masturbations!)

the winrars will be announced next friday. what can i win you ask? you will become the proud owner of your very own unique jazcash animated avatar (or another forum member, provided pics are available)

so break out your diggin' shovel and get cracking! you have one week
MidKnight

Re: CA Challenge : Chicken Forts

Post by MidKnight »

sounds fun!

I can host chicken defense matches during the period of this contest, to increase enthusiasm. :wink:
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

cool, this reminds me of an old game i used to play called battle city. spring people might like this. Its sort of a persistent rts of sorts where everyone joins into 1 world, and are assigned to some territory. they have to build a fort around it and control a tank, and try to attack the other forts with their tank (steal something or plant bombs, i cant remember but it was really fun).

This reminds me of the "impenetrable fort" contests we would hold, where you submitted a screenshot of your fort to the forum and it was analyzed (turret placement, mines, factories, resource spawners, and whatever else was in the game i forget). I won 1 or two of those :D

EDIT: YAY I FOUND IT!!!!
http://battlecity.looble.com/

EDIT 2: City design competitions:
http://battlecity.looble.com/viewforum.php?f=18
knorke

Post by knorke »

Another cool game where design of your base can be important is Gate88: http://www.queasygames.com/gate88/pics.html
Multiplayer 2D space flying with a ship that can build some structures such as turrets, shipyards, energy pylon thingies etc.

KaiserJ: maybe set a map and an area in that map where the fort must be build to make it more interessting?
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

kaiser mades some metallic fortressy maps that i think would be perfect. cant remember what they are called but the forum thread was something like "mean streets of the deathstar"
ScarySquirrel

Post by ScarySquirrel »

When I first saw this I thought it would be a new mission, like Chicken Tag.
Also: Who won?

Return to “Zero-K”