A picture from where you live - Page 4

A picture from where you live

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: A picture from where you live

Post by KaiserJ »

gaddamn torontonians with their snooty noses!

heheh i just remember from various visits there and staying near the university, the area was very beautiful; but then you head out of the university area and go downtown, and its not quite so nice.

a lot of the university towns and cities around ontario are the same way; a "city within a city" where the drunken university students are safely kept away from sharp edges and morlock pits.

:D didnt mean anything by "shithole"; its just the "toronto is the centre of the universe" attitude that i've always grown up with (and that you are already aware of ^^) and yes, im a noob at hamiltons, so i'll stfu :D

pretty sure it stems from a defeat of the argonauts at the hands of the tiger cats back in the day that was never fully forgiven.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

'sall good. Either way, we can all make fun of those damned Brantfordites, right Caydr? I mean, if Hamilton is Canada's Pittsburgh, Brantford is Canada's Flint.

Seriously, you're right - the north east end of Hamilton downtown is pretty horrifying, and downtown is perpetually struggling for economic survival. But I live in the university neighborhood, so I get to pretend the city isn't a friggin' hole. Either way, the smog is overstated - it hasn't been really bad since the '80s, and I'm proud of the fact that my city does real hands-dirty work for a living. I just wish that there weren't so many crackwhore-filled slums.

And if the Cats ever beat the Argos, I never heard about it. The Cats are our own version of the Leafs - the team that has such rabid fans they never actually have to win a game to stay in business.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

where I'm from :

where I currently am:

:(
Panda

Post by Panda »

Wisse, the town at the edge of the sea picture is awesome.
Gota

Post by Gota »

bobthedinosaur wrote:where I'm from :

where I currently am:

:(
You live in a steam punk city?
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

near texas city. more of a trailer park city.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Toronto can go fuck itself. So can the rest of english Canada. Toronto is the most boring, lifeless city I've ever had the misfortune of stepping into, and I was born there. Montreal may be full of peppers but downtown there is at least one strip club every block and one bar for every 20 people.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Thanks guys for the pics of the pretty places..made me feel better some how.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

@Spiked - comparing any city to a tourist-trap full of sexy francophonic women like Montreal is a loser's game. Toronto may not have anything in particular about it that's special (it's pretty much The Big City Canada), but it's a damned nice place. It's similar to Chicago - a city that really, really wishes it was New York.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

My town. Although I live 6km south from where this picture has been taken.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I'm glad you guys like pics from Slovenija.

You can find places that are even nicer all over the world, but what I like the most is that we have so much going on in a sucha small country.
KaiserJ wrote:...town on the edge of the sea... we dont have stuff like that over here, its too new of a country... pretty freaking awesome. are the roofs made of shingle or tile?
That's tile. Seaside gets rather windy so they had to use heavy roof covering. Now there are quite strict "cultural heritage" laws which let them use only authentic stuff when rebuilding houses.

Wooden shingle is used for covering alpine houses, while straw is (was) used for houses on flats.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”