Caydr's Uber Explosion + Ground Scars v1.0

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

As featured in Absolute Annihilation 1.03, here are my new explosion and ground scar images. You know what's strange though? Spring's explosion texture is hardcoded to be a single 128x128 image, while its ground decals for craters are 256x256 and randomly rotating! I think an upgrade is in order!

Download:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ta-a ... z?download
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Nice
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Do these overwrite the explosions that come witht the game or add to them? Cause if they add to them then you can string together a bunch of explosions, makeing somekind of cool "secondary" explosion when a units ammo gose off due to heat and other stressing forces.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

They overwrite. The explosion gets old kinda quick, but the scars are nice
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Quite agree. Even the best explosion will look crappy after you've seen it a million times...
Zoombie wrote:Do these overwrite the explosions that come witht the game or add to them? Cause if they add to them then you can string together a bunch of explosions, makeing somekind of cool "secondary" explosion when a units ammo gose off due to heat and other stressing forces.
Firstly, it overwrites the EXPLOSION... non-plural, unfortunately. I could make a million great looking explosions, but Spring will only use one. One explosion for fire, one explosion for muzzle flashes, one explosion for nukes, etc. One for everything. And it's a crappy little 128x128 texture. A really weak spot of the engine ATM.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

First things first. We need more eplosions.

Second thing: Cool explosion. A little cartoony though. If that makes sence...
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Apparently spring uses the same explosion for fire aswell, and that just looks wrong.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I completely agree, I want Customized muzzleflares too...and how many times do I have to stress that I want 3D muzzle flares too! I want HUGE fireballs expanding from my tank barrels for a fraction of a second, I want star-shaped muzzleflashes for rifles and machineguns in WD, I want HUGE BIG bertha flares! not a dinky one :|

Perhaps I should modify the smoke effect to make it look like a flame...lol...that would be odd...

anyway nice explosion there Caydr, I'll try it out...

Return to “Art & Modelling”