Political Test - Page 3

Political Test

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Re: Political Test

Post by Gota »

smokingwreckage wrote:The test is biased. I know this because it puts me left, when I am not even slightly left.

This often happens because people born and raised on the left don't actually know much about the "right", equating it solely to "social reactionary".
GOOD.
Im'a report all these findings to the professors who wrote this examination so they can make a corrected version based on your inputs.
:)
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

Yes, because nobody who completed a tertiary qualification in political theory could ever be biased. And I couldn't possibly be basing any of my criticism on critiques of the test by OTHER political theorists, could I?

Sorry, Gota, I've known too many professors. Besides, your argument is purely an Appeal to Authority.
Gota

Post by Gota »

My...argument?lol or lol?
more humor less depression?

You know maybe you can take this test as well and tell me what your opinion about it is:
http://the-gay-quiz.com/
knorke

Post by knorke »

11. When you take off your shirt...
A) You cross my arms and start at the bottom
what? :shock:

test sucks, at the end you have to click through a list of thousands of adverstshitblagayfuckinternlame so i closed it?
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

Licho wrote:Anarchists? What? Left in economic axis means much more state control and more taxes.

Who is talking about no taxes?
As I understand it. The vertical axis means how much freedom people have.
Bottom - Anarchy -> No goverment, no taxes.

I don't get it how there can be the bottom left corner? 100% Anarchy + 100% Communism. No goverment means there is no public control to ensure Communism.

test sucks, at the end you have to click through a list of thousands of adverstshitblagayfuckinternlame so i closed it?
That is a question so you didn't close it :D
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

GOTA: yeah I come across as humorless. I took the political test about four years ago IIRC.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Lol no you got it totally wrong pendrokar..

Vertical axis is state control over personal matters.

On this Axis united states is much higher than say Sweden.
Its matters such as liberal attitutude towards homosexuals, abortion, religion education etc..

Scandanivia or much of the europe is more liberal - lower on vertical axis..

On the other hand, horizontal axis is state control over economy - left having more control, higher taxes, more regulation. Right having less control, less regulation, less taxes.

Europe is more left on this axis while united states are right. Particulary scandinavia, with more personal freedom, actually has one of highest taxes in europe, being on left on horizontal axis.

So europe has more personal freedoms but less economic freedoms.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

Economic left vs right is so last century. We need a "green hippie" vs "I don't give a shit, just give me my sportcar!" -axis!

I was something like -5/-5, mostly in line with my country's policy - High taxes to pay for social services (also, state monopolies), and a lot of personal freedom.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Pendrokar wrote:
Licho wrote:Anarchists? What? Left in economic axis means much more state control and more taxes.

Who is talking about no taxes?
As I understand it. The vertical axis means how much freedom people have.
Bottom - Anarchy -> No goverment, no taxes.

I don't get it how there can be the bottom left corner? 100% Anarchy + 100% Communism. No goverment means there is no public control to ensure Communism.
Communism is not what you think it is. It is by its original, Marxist definition a stateless society.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Can you actually imagine a communist society exist within our life time?I can't believe that...So why not just leave that dream be...
Maybe sometimes in the future when technology enables such a society to exist..
Gota

Post by Gota »

It's like if they are sitting trying to decide what to develop next in Intel and suddenly one guy stands up and suggest a time machine...
pintle

Post by pintle »

Before continuing your incisive analysis of Communism, I recommend you read "The Communist Manifesto". It kinda helps further your understanding.

As to a post-scarcity society, there are blocks upon its realization beyond purely mechanical/technological deficiencies, it is simply not in the interests of the law makers and statesmen for such a social shift to occur. (I really like George Orwell, can you tell? :twisted: )
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

What post-scarcity?? What are you talking about..

We are living from resources of third world, not just energy and materials but also their labor heavilly subsidizes living standards of westerners.

We are just lucky that current financial system binds them to continue doing so.

Energy per capita and food production per capita is lowering in recent years.
If we all lived on our fair share of resources, we would all live like Indians.

And there will be a time when diminishing resources halt the grow on whole planet..
pintle

Post by pintle »

Licho wrote:What post-scarcity?? What are you talking about..

We are living from resources of third world, not just energy and materials but also their labor heavilly subsidizes living standards of westerners.

We are just lucky that current financial system binds them to continue doing so.

Energy per capita and food production per capita is lowering in recent years.
If we all lived on our fair share of resources, we would all live like Indians.

And there will be a time when diminishing resources halt the grow on whole planet..
... I think perhaps you misinterpreted what I was saying? I was suggesting that we will not reach a society of post scarcity any time soon, because of numerous technological, sociological, and political inhibitors. I was not suggesting that it was likely to emerge within the next 50 years.

I was responding to Basic's stuff when i talked about post scarcity.

I will not be drawn into a wider debate about energy use, and distribution of wealth within the current model, as offtopic on the Spring Boards is nowhere near as fun a place to discuss politics as #main! :twisted:
Soul

Post by Soul »

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

I am amazed by the distorted image that many have of Communism and Anarchy.
Communism is not Anarchy,
although Anarchy can sometimes exist in Communism, but then again Anarchy may also exist in Capitalism.

And when i comes to taxes, many left-winged parties want a higher taxrate then most right-winged.
This if nothing else should make people think before making incorrect assumptions regarding the relations between Communism and Anarchy.

edit: This test isn't very well callibrated i mean, i ate some sugar/candy and now i get this result.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Finally, a way to grossly oversimplify my political orientation into a simple numerical classification so I can join a party which has the same numbers as me and will therefore represent my thoughts and feelings on any matter transparently.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Soul wrote: edit: This test isn't very well callibrated i mean, i ate some sugar/candy and now i get this result.
that only means YOU arent very well calibrated... if something like candy affects your opinions, then you are retarded; you only "think" by feelings... thats how women brains work.

or it just means you dont really have any idea about your opinions and you just randomly press them depending on how you feel at the moment... so it means you are noob.
tombom

Post by tombom »

TradeMark wrote:you only "think" by feelings... thats how women brains work.
trademark you have some serious issues with the world. i feel sorry for you.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

you dont believe me?

www.menarebetterthanwomen.com
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

It's on the interwebz, it must be true!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”