spring ruins lives - Page 2

spring ruins lives

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: spring ruins lives

Post by KaiserJ »

Wartender wrote:i don't wanna be a waste :(
i've seen you on the forums making relevant posts. you contribute ideas, and are by association a member of the development community, even just a small role. you're on the forum now, you're replying to my posts, you CARE about spring. it's a hobby, you're not a waste <3

i just sort of mean the people who troll games, have no interest in putting in work or even acknowledging the work of others, and are just generally there only to play.

im not meaning to say that it's a waste of time to play and not join the community; im saying theres a certain line that many of us crossed when we decided to contribute, the line between game and hobby.

just my theory about it in any case.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Gota wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:Spring saves lives.

Your credit score too low for you to buy games? Spring is free! Your partner left you and took the car? Spring requires no love and minimal movement! Your addiction to cocaine has gotten out of hand? Spring is, again, free! You're weaning yourself off massive multiplayer online roleplaying games? Spring allows you to play as many people in many environments, balancing stimulation against simulated difficulty getting into your desired servers! Your boss is a dick?OTHER Spring PLAYERS can take the punishment! You're in horrible pain? Spring is distracting!
Fixed.
You might find this hard to believe, but I have know a different Spring player for each scenario you've described.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

oh don't worry i was half kidding xD

it does sort of bother me though that i can't do anything to help development >.<

i wish i didn't suck so much at C++, problem is, here in PR, there is nothing i can do to get better >.< (my school doesn't offer computer science-related classes) and none of my friends are interested in this stuff =\
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:i have 40k minutes ingame
dont worry, for some reason i got almost 100k >>
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

REVENGE wrote:
Gota wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:Spring saves lives.

Your credit score too low for you to buy games? Spring is free! Your partner left you and took the car? Spring requires no love and minimal movement! Your addiction to cocaine has gotten out of hand? Spring is, again, free! You're weaning yourself off massive multiplayer online roleplaying games? Spring allows you to play as many people in many environments, balancing stimulation against simulated difficulty getting into your desired servers! Your boss is a dick?OTHER Spring PLAYERS can take the punishment! You're in horrible pain? Spring is distracting!
Fixed.
You might find this hard to believe, but I have know a different Spring player for each scenario you've described.
Of course you do, and there are dozens more valid scenarios, I just chose a few connected to people I was thinking about.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:in 3500 hours of going to work I could have earnt 28,000 pounds
or learnt to play the piano, or juggle, or just done somthing worthwhile. all I have to show from this staggering commitment is.. er,

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu
life sucks, get used to it, and drop the fucking babycry.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

I know what you mean Ivory, Ive spent a similar amount - if not more time playing this game, while I enjoyed every minute of it, and made tons of friends doing so, I decided to stop playing spring and video games in general about 3-4 months ago, I was honestly verging on total addiction.
I wouldn't admit it at the time, but looking back I was, if I didn't get on spring everyday, id get super agitated and snappy! :?

Since stopping, not to quote radiohead or anything, I'm fitter, happier and more productive and I'm enjoying my life a hell of a lot more, instead of wasting away in front of my monitor, I've put in more hours at work, and been able to buy myself a house, my relationship with the girlfriend is waaaay better, I joined a beer league softball team, a cricket team, started playing my guitar again and joined a ju jitsu club so know I know how to smash mean people into oblivion.

I think I'll pick up a copy of modern warfare 2...maybe... but I don't think I'll ever go back to spending 10 hours a day playing games, life is too short :)

quit while you still can! :)
Gota

Post by Gota »

BigSteve wrote:I know what you mean Ivory, Ive spent a similar amount - if not more time playing this game, while I enjoyed every minute of it, and made tons of friends doing so, I decided to stop playing spring and video games in general about 3-4 months ago, I was honestly verging on total addiction.
I wouldn't admit it at the time, but looking back I was, if I didn't get on spring everyday, id get super agitated and snappy! :?

Since stopping, not to quote radiohead or anything, I'm fitter, happier and more productive and I'm enjoying my life a hell of a lot more, instead of wasting away in front of my monitor, I've put in more hours at work, and been able to buy myself a house, my relationship with the girlfriend is waaaay better, I joined a beer league softball team, a cricket team, started playing my guitar again and joined a ju jitsu club so know I know how to smash mean people into oblivion.

I think I'll pick up a copy of modern warfare 2...maybe... but I don't think I'll ever go back to spending 10 hours a day playing games, life is too short :)

quit while you still can! :)
GTFO
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

AF wrote:Luckily Derren brown is the best thing since sliced bread
He could make his own country - Happy, fearless and devoted!
He probably would if he wasn't gay literally.

Life - has no meaning. Enjoy it while it lasts and sacrifice for more enjoyment.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Pendrokar wrote:Life - has no meaning.
OMG NO MEANING? !!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LIES!!!! MY LIFE HAS MEANING!! IT MUST HAVE, WHY DID I EVER BORN HERE IF IT DIDNT HAVE MEANING?!"?!?!!? WTF???? JESUS TOLD ME IN MY DREAM THAT MY MEANING IS TO BREED AND MULTIPLY MYSELF AND AFTER THAT I GO TO HEAVEN AND THEN I HAVE NEW MEANING AND THEN I GO TO ANOTHER HEAVEN AND HAVE BETTER MEANING THEN ... wtf? :shock:

yeah its meaningless :/ *suicide*
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Spring doesn't ruin lives, it claims them.
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

being a computer nerd sure is hard.. :(
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Life is a joke.

Zoombie is right! Why argue for a lame joke!
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

TradeMark wrote:yeah its meaningless :/ *suicide*
Strange thing to enjoy... but ok.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

for some people suicide is more of an enjoyment than living their lives.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

That reminds me to ask another question!
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Wartender wrote:here in PR, there is nothing i can do to get better
*spits coffee onto monitor in amazement*

can evo claim you? as a PR man? lol (in b4CA needs it moar)

but seriously. one of the biggest problems that spring has overall is the draw and retention of players, and the way we are percieved from outside the community as a den of pirates and thieves.

a lot of the people working on projects here have very little time to worry about such things... dig deep! give us some tips on how to improve the image of spring, get us "marketed" better. as a PR person, you have a unique skillset (out of our community) and i think you could help us all more than you realize.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

LOL PR=Puerto Rico xD
smooooooth
Regret

Post by Regret »

KaiserJ wrote:den of pirates and thieves
Lold. Sums it up nicely.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

after feeling useless and being bored and having some free time, i started messing with blender, here are a few results after a week or so.
ubuntu logo 2 edited.png
the ubuntu logo (imo this one is my best and is win) this is also the only one i made without using a tutorial (besides the boat)
(114.51 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
goblet3.png
goblet :D
(120.1 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
boat2edited.png
boat i made for a homework
(79.97 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
i haven't dabbled with animation yet, but i'm willing to try if you guys think this is any good xD

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”