Coop autohost

Coop autohost

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Wisse

Coop autohost

Post by Wisse »

We just played 8 cooped players vs 8 cooped players and it turned out quite nice. Game was fun and players worked together well. It changes gameplay slightly since you can get some rushers on start, but everything levels up when they run out of steam. Another nice thing is that you can mess with noobs and make them more efficient if you want to. When you stall everyone starts working to fix that, so econ keeps getting nice boost in wawes, which is rly interesting. (Replay)

So what I would like to see, is autohost that automatically puts everyone in same coop, so we get massive-all coop wars every time.

I can't tell if this would stick, but it could certainly help promoting teamplay on bigger scale.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Coop autohost

Post by bibim »

On SPADS autohosts:

!set idShareMode all
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Full coop autohost started with idShareMode = all by default.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Wisse wrote:I can't tell if this would stick, but it could certainly help promoting teamplay on bigger scale.
So far it has helped me to m-stall like hell even if i'm reclaim shit with 3 cons and doing nothing. Kakkis told me to make more build power but hey, how is it possible to make more build power if your team is using 600m per second, and your team's income is something like 200? :D

This fails ;<
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Carpenter wrote:
Wisse wrote:I can't tell if this would stick, but it could certainly help promoting teamplay on bigger scale.
So far it has helped me to m-stall like hell even if i'm reclaim shit with 3 cons and doing nothing. Kakkis told me to make more build power but hey, how is it possible to make more build power if your team is using 600m per second, and your team's income is something like 200? :D

This fails ;<
I tried 1 game too, it was mainly fighting my teammates to cancel their plans to build stupid shit. Either theres too little e and nothing gets built, or someone makes guardians or t2 during first mins sucking all m. Worst is when people dont listen and start building the same shit again...
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I played 4 or so coop games today. 3 of them were complete disaster. We managed to pull together on 4th try. Enemy seemed to be a lot more consistent tho. So it's rly up to teammates and how much they're willing to help others.

There's room for new tactics and completely different gameplay, so I still think that coop is quite fun, as long as you don't have anyone dguning commanders on start.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

it only really works with clans
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

It works without you too.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

I dont have anything to do with it. When you get a bunch of random people teaming up you usually just get a bunch of newby squabbling and all the newbs expect everyone else to supply all their eco and most of the time it just fails hard.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Yes, full team-cooping for fools. And Wisse you should join us on ventrilo so we can make some special conversations up once again.
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Full coop games are not that bad. First of all - other team also has a bunch of noobs and is in perfectly the same situation :)
I guess winning is here is a matter of team work. You need to correct your ally mistakes. Nice way to learn noobs as Wisse pointed out earlier.
Shoutings like "Get away from my com, you dumbfuck!!!" just show that people don't comprehend nature of coop game.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I dont think noobs learn much from these games. Youre likely to just get your assigned stuff canceled and get confused. IF they settle down to just microing units thats a good start, but doesnt really help them in understanding the game in a wider sense. The "my comm my base my units" mentality seems really hard to crack on most newbies anyway.
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

JohannesH wrote:I dont think noobs learn much from these games. Youre likely to just get your assigned stuff canceled and get confused. IF they settle down to just microing units thats a good start, but doesnt really help them in understanding the game in a wider sense. The "my comm my base my units" mentality seems really hard to crack on most newbies anyway.
Just needs some time to settle down. We were having fun today despite of noobs, trolls and other creatures. Especially on small maps :)
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I've tried big coop games from the beginning, and one very persistent thing I do see is people overbuilding nanos. The +200 / - 600 metal stated above really isn't an exaggeration.

However, I'm not convinced this is strictly a coop thing - I see people start queues of 10 nanos when they're already metal stalling even in normal games.

Still, large games of good coopers (such as when I played with PYB clan) are some of the most fun I've had in Spring. Definitely worthwhile.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

you need 100% non noob, non troll players

something tells me autohost isnt the best place to find these
dimm

Post by dimm »

Voip instead of typing helps a lot. The [ts] clan won 7 games in a row on Nota. Well you can imagine how much easier voip makes coordination and education.

Return to “Ingame Community”