Hybrid Overhead Camera (v4)

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Regret

Post by Regret »

eat shit
Last edited by Regret on 05 Aug 2011, 02:40, edited 8 times in total.
Jazcash

Re: Hybrid Overhead Camera (v1)

Post by Jazcash »

Pix or it doesn't exist.
Regret

Post by Regret »

JAZCASH wrote:Pix or it doesn't exist.
What on earth you want pix of? It's a camera.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Sounds like a hoax to me.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Regret wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:Pix or it doesn't exist.
What on earth you want pix of? It's a camera.
Video?
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Imaging being able to use the overhead camera at that angle and you will understand this widget.

Feature request: move camera with arrow keys (probably will become my default camera mode then).
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

luckywaldo7 wrote:Image

Imaging being able to use the overhead camera at that angle and you will understand this widget.
Ctrl+Mousewheel?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

TA overhead can't rotate around y axis.
Regret

Re: Hybrid Overhead Camera (v2)

Post by Regret »

Updated, included arrow movement and lots of tweaks/fixes.
Regret

Re: Hybrid Overhead Camera (v3)

Post by Regret »

Updated, included a fix for compatibility with smooth camera. (thx BrainDamage)

Also now middle click / J movement is just like in normal overhead cam, even with crosshair.
Regret

Re: Hybrid Overhead Camera (v4)

Post by Regret »

Update, fixes and tweaks, now properly supports F3.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Can you add an otion to make the camera only zomm out till u see the entire map and not more.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

why did u deleted the whole widget and reuppt it, the older versions are a feature not a bug
Regret

Post by Regret »

manolo_ wrote:why did u deleted the whole widget and reuppt it, the older versions are a feature not a bug
I don't consider old bugged versions as features.
Gota wrote:Can you add an otion to make the camera only zomm out till u see the entire map and not more.
Press TAB.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Regret wrote:
manolo_ wrote:why did u deleted the whole widget and reuppt it, the older versions are a feature not a bug
I don't consider old bugged versions as features.
Aha. So, what exactly is wrong in offering an archive of old versions like every reasonable open-source project (http://springrts.com/dl/) does?
Regret

Post by Regret »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Aha. So, what exactly is wrong in offering an archive of old versions like every reasonable open-source project (http://springrts.com/dl/) does?
Nothing, just don't expect it for things for which it is useless.
mongus

Post by mongus »

on this subject i consider the lua-spring comunity to be taking a mistaken path.

what happens, is lua scripts are getting named with the same name, every version, effectivley overwritting old versions scripts.
This behaviour is not needed, as naming a gadget luacrap_v1.lua and the next version luacrap_v2.lua, does not change its enable/disable state in the lua selector screen.

Im sure there is lots of learning material for programmers related to this stuff (naming conventions and versioning).

Historical archiving is lost this way.
I see some reasons for historical archive, for example learning from mistakes, reusing old code, having a wide, open source repository of lua code, etc.

Isnt ca downloader endorsing this (mistaken) naming convention?
i strongly suggest this ppl to do something about it, for example, ca downloader already deletes older versions of the ca mod, why not to do the same with widgets?

But this and 2 previous posts are way offtopic and could have their own thread... well.
Regret

Post by Regret »

mongus wrote:on this subject i consider the lua-spring comunity to be taking a mistaken path.

what happens, is lua scripts are getting named with the same name, every version, effectivley overwritting old versions scripts.
This behaviour is not needed, as naming a gadget luacrap_v1.lua and the next version luacrap_v2.lua, does not change its enable/disable state in the lua selector screen.

Im sure there is lots of learning material for programmers related to this stuff (naming conventions and versioning).

I see some reasons for historical archive, for example learning from mistakes, reusing old code, having a wide, open source repository of lua code, etc.

Isnt ca downloader endorsing this (mistaken) naming convention?
i strongly suggest this ppl to do something about it, for example, ca downloader already deletes older versions of the ca mod, why not to do the same with widgets?

But this and 2 precious posts are way oftopic and could have their own thread... well.
The reason I name them alike is so you don't have 2 versions of same widget on at the same time. I don't care about your needs to keep old outdated scripts that are bugged.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

mongus wrote: what happens, is lua scripts are getting named with the same name, every version, effectivley overwritting old versions scripts.

There is a historical archive. You can download every single version of a widget (besides the ones deleted by regret :P) in SpringDownloader.
I dont think your spring widget folder is the right place for a historical archive though.
Regret wrote: I don't care about your needs to keep old outdated scripts that are bugged.
A newer version doesnt automatically mean less bugs.

Sorry for being offtopic Regret. Just say if I should shut up.
Regret

Post by Regret »

very_bad_soldier wrote:A newer version doesnt automatically mean less bugs.

Sorry for being offtopic Regret. Just say if I should shut up.
With my widget it means less bugs, that's why I don't keep old versions.

And I don't mind the free bumps :p

Return to “Lua Scripts”