Rezbot behavior change

Rezbot behavior change

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Rezbot behavior change

Post by Beherith »

Rezbots behavior has been changed;
It used to be that when a unit got rezzed, only 1 rezbot repaired it, the others went to rezz more stuff. Now all the rezzers that took part in rezzing a unit repair the unit as well, and only move on to rezz more after that.

Please provide input whether you liked the old or new behavior better.

I liked the old one, cause it allowed better use of my comm for repairing freshly rezzed units.
JohannesH

Re: Rezbot behavior change

Post by JohannesH »

Old one is better, makes for more stable e drain too.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

To me, the current behaviour, though less efficient, makes more sense as the default.

I mean, it seams rather arbitrary that one and only one rezbot would stay for repairs. I would think it would either be none or all of them.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I prefer current behavior as well. If you gave bunch of rezers only one order, they should all follow it completely, which means that they all need to heal after rez. Unit is most vulnerable right when it gets back to life, so healing up fast is critical in my mind.
Plus this is way better when rezing T2 or T3 units, where 1 rezer just can't heal fast enough.
You can always micro smaller groups of rezers. Selecting a bit different area with each group should work well.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

i like the new one :P seeing as CA is standardised

It might piss off BA players tho
==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== »

makes sence to me too. Id rather get the bulldog repaired, than have 5 of them half-dead. Especially since the previous rezbots do not return to start healing the first unit they just rezzed.
troycheek

Post by troycheek »

I've not seen the new behavior in action yet, but how you describe it is how I'd always thought it should have worked all along.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Yes, this is the way I thought it should always be. I used to have to make all the rezzers heal important units manually but it's easier now. All though, healing 1 by 1 could have it's uses.

A smart widget would be awesome where rezzers heal units faster depending on the units priorities. For example, if you have 10 rezzers and they rez a Com, all the rezzers would heal the Com where as if you rezzed a Peewee, only one or two rezzers would stay to heal it.

Maybe even a setting where you can choose how many rezzers you want to heal units after they have been rezzed.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Current behavior is preferred, I always disliked how rezbots would move to rez the next unit before the current one is repaired.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

New behavior is more intuitive.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

MidKnight wrote:New behavior is more intuitive.
i agree
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I'm responsible for the change and I'm happy most of you seem to like it.

In case you missed it there is also resurrection patrol (patrol + space key) which can be very efficient in some cases.
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Keep the current, its more logical...
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

We don't want our newly rezzed krogs to get killed by a flea, do we :twisted:
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I have to say I always found the old behavior stupid. I used to manually change it when i had time.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

new rezbots roxx
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

i love how it is now i was searching for a widget which did this but now its part of the game so its all good.

Return to “Help & Bugs”