Fusion rush vs. adv fusion rush speed - Page 2

Fusion rush vs. adv fusion rush speed

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Fusion rush vs. adv fusion rush speed

Post by Neddie »

Get out of my head, Charles!
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I am here to take a dump in this thread.
*grunts*....plop

Ahhhhh, much better.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Rushing peewees is much faster, funner and effectiver than rushing either fusions ro advanced fusions.
albator

Post by albator »

It just depends of the game.

If you play a typical DSD-like game. A teckeur can rush 2 sonar +5 bomber at 13min30 with 1 fusion which is barely unstoppable without T2 fighter (bomber will be able to perform one strike before dying : the base of the ennemy teckeur).

If u rush advanced fusion, you will not be able to do that (T2 fighters) and u will die like most of the usless DSD teckeur. You just make a bet that your opponment suck and you are playing simcity -> Spring is not for you -> http://www.softonic.fr/s/sim-city-free

conclusion:

You play with noob : make an advanced fusion ... but you are playing with noob ... so stop playing this game and go train small teamgame or 1vs1

You are playing against regular players and with large team : use normal fusion
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The correct way to do this strategy is to blow your commander.

If you do econ whore, alert your allies to your intention so they dont overextend agressively. They will probably shout at you and tell you to not be a noob, though.

Mohomexing is probably going to be much more effecient than fusion/mm, though.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Saktoth wrote:Mohomexing is probably going to be much more effecient than fusion/mm, though.
Much much much more. You can build about 10 moho mines for the price of a fusion + 2 moho metal makers
albator

Post by albator »

YokoZar wrote:
Saktoth wrote:Mohomexing is probably going to be much more effecient than fusion/mm, though.
Much much much more. You can build about 10 moho mines for the price of a fusion + 2 moho metal makers
1) when you are the teckeur, only have 3 mexes available
2) even if you have 100 mexes free availble, u need to move from mexes to mexes. When you teck, u only need 2min to build fusion which is energy And with erngy u make T2 bomber and kill the other team which had gone for moho mexes which anyway need lot of energy to be buildt....

Edit: From a pure cost efficienty point of view, you are right. But tecking is about speed not about best simcity ever. If you are not fast your team will die, or worst , they finish the other team without you and you make no damage dealth :(
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

albator wrote:
YokoZar wrote:
1) when you are the teckeur, only have 3 mexes available
When you tech you are the first to t2, so you have all your allies metal patches to moho mine as well. On DSD that gives you 15 or so more metal patches to work with even if you haven't expanded.

If you don't like the idea of building a moho mine on "their" metal patch, then ask your teammate for permission. If he still objects or insists you give it away when you're done building, then you shouldn't be doing the rush because your team thinks it's a bad strategy compared to general econ.

This is a team game, and the correct strategy is almost never "ignore all my teammates and try to kill all the enemies using my starting 3 metal patches only".
2) even if you have 100 mexes free availble, u need to move from mexes to mexes. When you teck, u only need 2min to build fusion which is energy And with erngy u make T2 bomber and kill the other team which had gone for moho mexes which anyway need lot of energy to be buildt....
If you're teching vehicles it takes about 10 seconds to move from your metal patches to the next ally's. If you're kbots it's about 20, and you can have the advanced con bot start walking to the next patch while others finish the current mine.

This is worth it, especially because you're far more likely to be resource-bound than build-power bound at this point (and if you're not, leave some kbots behind to build more at your lab).
Edit: From a pure cost efficienty point of view, you are right. But tecking is about speed not about best simcity ever. If you are not fast your team will die, or worst , they finish the other team without you and you make no damage dealth :(
Being fast can also mean helping your team with t2 econ sooner. It's sociopathic and greatly inefficient for a player to start making moho metal makers when there are open patches for moho mines somewhere within the team's territory.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

It is usually best to do both many moho mexes and fusion. Depends on how much you trust your allies if you should give them cons, sell them cons for metal, or yell at an air player asking for a trans or trans your con to their metal patches to build mexes for you off their nanos. This does not really slow you down in fusion building much, you only need the t2 con to start it, you can then just wait it awhile as your con is flying to make mexes.

And you cant kill a team which goes for moho mexes with t2 bombers (if they dont have total joke aa), they dont have as much m tied to a 1 place as team with fusion.

Also before sucking your lab it is worthwhile to offer to give/sell some t2 units to teammates, as they no doubt would build some if those were available at their labs.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

new bombers should be good teckeurs (lol) killers
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Saktoth wrote:The correct way to do this strategy is to blow your commander.

If you do econ whore, alert your allies to your intention so they dont overextend agressively. They will probably shout at you and tell you to not be a noob, though.

Mohomexing is probably going to be much more effecient than fusion/mm, though.
Eco-whores take notice: cooperation and communication with your teammates can and does improve your chances of success on the norm.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

I also have a fairly effective tactic. Start air, attempt a comnap on all their dudes (should get about 1-3 coms unless you suck), make about 4 adv solars and a few nanos then go t2 and then make fusion and every time you start to M-stall; kill it a com and reclaim.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

ChaosMonkey wrote:I also have a fairly effective tactic. Start air, attempt a comnap on all their dudes (should get about 1-3 coms unless you suck), make about 4 adv solars and a few nanos then go t2 and then make fusion and every time you start to M-stall; kill it a com and reclaim.
who the hell are you playing with where you can comnap 1-3 comms?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Pxtl wrote:
ChaosMonkey wrote:I also have a fairly effective tactic. Start air, attempt a comnap on all their dudes (should get about 1-3 coms unless you suck), make about 4 adv solars and a few nanos then go t2 and then make fusion and every time you start to M-stall; kill it a com and reclaim.
who the hell are you playing with where you can comnap 1-3 comms?
Woops, guess someone just gave away their noob identity.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Same games where adv fus rush is an option
albator

Post by albator »

JohannesH wrote:It is usually best to do both many moho mexes and fusion. Depends on how much you trust your allies if you should give them cons, sell them cons for metal, or yell at an air player asking for a trans or trans your con to their metal patches to build mexes for you off their nanos. This does not really slow you down in fusion building much, you only need the t2 con to start it, you can then just wait it awhile as your con is flying to make mexes.

And you cant kill a team which goes for moho mexes with t2 bombers (if they dont have total joke aa), they dont have as much m tied to a 1 place as team with fusion.

Also before sucking your lab it is worthwhile to offer to give/sell some t2 units to teammates, as they no doubt would build some if those were available at their labs.
you loose some seconds -> u get bombed / nuked -> case made here -> http://replays.adune.nl/?1576

(more T1 ground AA, would have change nothing). But T2 fighters rapes T2 bombers
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

sending out early atlas's to all the coms takes them by suprise and I can't control who plays da game can I :(
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

albator wrote:you loose some seconds -> u get bombed / nuked -> case made here -> http://replays.adune.nl/?1576

(more T1 ground AA, would have change nothing). But T2 fighters rapes T2 bombers
You had no aa, you wouldve gotten killed by t1 air as well, bombers or drop. Also t1 fighters are now quick to spam even if not as effective for m cost as t2.

Also who the hell tries to rush bombers and nuke when xerio almost got through in north as it was??
albator

Post by albator »

JohannesH wrote:
albator wrote:you loose some seconds -> u get bombed / nuked -> case made here -> http://replays.adune.nl/?1576

You had no aa, you wouldve gotten killed by t1 air as well, bombers or drop. Also t1 fighters are now quick to spam even if not as effective for m cost as t2.

Also who the hell tries to rush bombers and nuke when xerio almost got through in north as it was??
If you saw the replay, u also saw that blu was rushing nuke, and i knew that cause he always do (and he did it too, during the last game i played with him, just before this one) ; the bomber rush i made had the objetif to kill the nuke. Cause, if i dont kill the nuke, we die (and dont tell me an antinuke can solve the problem, we need at least 3 or 4 antinuk to cover 8 bases plus front)

East won cause they were faster to make bomber. And T1 fighter still make minutes to kill 2 sonars and 5 T2 bomber (moreover, he can easily send T2 fighter to kill T1 fighters if he see noones made T2 fighter screen) so he can easlily kil one target (nuke, antinuke or T2 fighter powerplant)

All is about SPEED. Hoobler was the fastest, he made his team win the game, his teammates can nuke easily and his nuke cannot be destroy nor by bomber strikes nor by nuke
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Attacking at 13+ mins is fast? lol

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”