Transparent objects

Transparent objects

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Daksad

Transparent objects

Post by Daksad »

Hello,

Since yesterday, every unit, tree or rock are transparent in my game. I don't remember changing anything.
I tried on different maps, mods, I tried to reset my settings to default, but no difference.

Here's a screenshot : http://www.noelshack.com/up/aaa/spring2 ... 5b0445.png

My specs : XP 32bits SP3, Q6600, HD4870 512mb, 2gb ram

Any help?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Re: Transparent objects

Post by Caydr »

Tried uninstalling + reinstalling Spring? Remember to back up your mods and maps folders. Sometimes the view mode gets messed up. I've never had it stay permanently but it wouldn't be a shock if it did either.

Also, Spring isn't a big fan of ATI cards, you might want to see if your drivers are up-to-date. This can solve a lot of problems.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Is the problem apparent with more than one map or mod?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Maybe someone should tell Argh about this, he'd probably get excited someone found a reliable way to make things transparent ^^

Sorry, sorry.....
Daksad

Post by Daksad »

Actually, everything came back to normal... I don't think I changed anything, so I can't tell what caused the problem. Might be something wrong with my graphics card. I just hope this won't happen again.

To answer the questions : I had tried to reinstall the game several times, also tried on 2 modes and 4 or 5 maps but there was no difference. I also tried rebooting since it seems to help sometimes.
I just installed the latest drivers but the problem was solved by itself before this.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Return to “Help & Bugs”