Fusion rush vs. adv fusion rush speed

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

Is it worth it to rush an adv fusion instead of a fusion? I can rush a fusion and two moho mms in around 10 and a half minutes. I can rush an adv fusion (but I forgot moho mms) in 13:13 (the first time I tried it, I remembered mohos and it took 16:40). Is the extra time worth the extra eco?

Fusion build order (with Arm):
3 mex, 3 solar, 1 e storage, 1 solar, t1 bots, 1 t1 bot con, reclaim lab, 2 adv solar, 3 nano, 1 adv solar, metal storage, t2 bots, 1 t2 bot con, 1 nano, reclaim lab, 3 moho mex, fusion, 2 moho mms

Adv fusion build order (also with Arm):
3 mex 3 solar 1 e storage 1 solar
t1 veh, 1 t1 veh con, reclaim lab
2 adv solar, 3 nano, 1 adv solar
metal storage, t2 veh, 1 t2 veh con(, 1 nano?), reclaim lab
3 moho mex

adv fusion (nanos on passive; reclaim first t1 mex, then metal storage, then energy storage, then solars), 4 moho mms
Regret

Re: Fusion rush vs. adv fusion rush speed

Post by Regret »

eyu100 wrote:Is it worth it to rush an adv fusion instead of a fusion? I can rush a fusion and two moho mms in around 10 and a half minutes. I can rush an adv fusion (but I forgot moho mms) in 13:13 (the first time I tried it, I remembered mohos and it took 16:40). Is the extra time worth the extra eco?

Fusion build order (with Arm):
3 mex, 3 solar, 1 e storage, 1 solar, t1 bots, 1 t1 bot con, reclaim lab, 2 adv solar, 3 nano, 1 adv solar, metal storage, t2 bots, 1 t2 bot con, 1 nano, reclaim lab, 3 moho mex, fusion, 2 moho mms

Adv fusion build order (also with Arm):
3 mex 3 solar 1 e storage 1 solar
t1 veh, 1 t1 veh con, reclaim lab
2 adv solar, 3 nano, 1 adv solar
metal storage, t2 veh, 1 t2 veh con(, 1 nano?), reclaim lab
3 moho mex

adv fusion (nanos on passive; reclaim first t1 mex, then metal storage, then energy storage, then solars), 4 moho mms
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Both rushes deserve a votekick for being a useless newbie to the team for what is mostly half of the game.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

For you, neither is appropriate because you are simply too slow.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

that's not the right way to make that kind of test, just porc for 20min in both ways and compare the available ressources + %*notfinishedBuildingFuturRessources
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Satirik wrote:that's not the right way to make that kind of test, just porc for 20min in both ways and compare the available ressources + %*notfinishedBuildingFuturRessources
No, cause even the worst nub wont porc for 20 min before doing stuff. Better comparison point would be time when you can have adv fus earliest.

But yes your buildorder seems unoptimal and pretty ineffective even when optimized.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

JohannesH wrote:
Satirik wrote:that's not the right way to make that kind of test, just porc for 20min in both ways and compare the available ressources + %*notfinishedBuildingFuturRessources
No, cause even the worst nub wont porc for 20 min before doing stuff. Better comparison point would be time when you can have adv fus earliest.

But yes your buildorder seems unoptimal and pretty ineffective even when optimized.
who allowed this retard to talk ? WHO ?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Man both of those build orders are pretty horrible. Why don't you try working with your teammates so you don't demolish a perfectly good lab?

Instead of building a fusion and 2 stupid stupid metal makers, you could have given each of your teammates a t2 con and gotten 9 more moho mines up in about the same amount of time. And still had a lab.

If you are going to econ whore, at least do it in coop mode so a real player can help mediate the spending - investing more once his defenses are up, using up some of the savings when the team needs to attack. If you just play simbase by yourself in a corner you end up spending all your economy on more economy and never giving any to players who actually do something with it.
Gota

Post by Gota »

You can calculate it pretty damn easy...you don't need to try and test it in game.
Get the cost of the components and you can calculate the fastest build for a 3 mex start on dsd to reach any objective.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Gota wrote:You can calculate it pretty damn easy...you don't need to try and test it in game.
Get the cost of the components and you can calculate the fastest build for a 3 mex start on dsd to reach any objective.
This isn't actually that easy of a calculation because practical things like walk time, crane time, and build time tend to mess with it.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

if you are doing this, you are doing it wrong

try building units
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

YokoZar wrote:Man both of those build orders are pretty horrible. Why don't you try working with your teammates so you don't demolish a perfectly good lab?

Instead of building a fusion and 2 stupid stupid metal makers, you could have given each of your teammates a t2 con and gotten 9 more moho mines up in about the same amount of time. And still had a lab.

If you are going to econ whore, at least do it in coop mode so a real player can help mediate the spending - investing more once his defenses are up, using up some of the savings when the team needs to attack. If you just play simbase by yourself in a corner you end up spending all your economy on more economy and never giving any to players who actually do something with it.
I would probably give everything to the best player on my team afterwards.
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

JohannesH wrote:

1) How could I improve my buildorder?
2) And how long does it usually take for good players to build these things?
Regret

Post by Regret »

eyu100 wrote:2) And how long does it usually take for good players to build these things?
Good players kill enemy sooner than it gets to fusion/moho spam. Assuming they are not pulled back by clueless newbies like you.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

eyu100 wrote:
JohannesH wrote:

1) How could I improve my buildorder?
2) And how long does it usually take for good players to build these things?
Good players recognize that about 2/3 of the metal on most maps is outside the starting locations, not even counting wreckage. That's what's worth fighting over.
flop

Post by flop »

i can has adv fusion in 11 on dsd lolololol, 14 minutes is closer to greenfields time
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

flop wrote:i can has adv fusion in 11 on dsd lolololol, 14 minutes is closer to greenfields time
I saw Nixa doing it nearly perfectly and it took about 10:40.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

flop wrote:i can has adv fusion in 11 on dsd lolololol, 14 minutes is closer to greenfields time
12,5 on nuclear :p

but tbh just making moho mexes everywhere wouldve gotten us the same m prod much faster.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

eyu100 wrote:
Who the fuck looks up to Nixa as a role model? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I kid, I kid...)
CCBlackmilk

Post by CCBlackmilk »

REVENGE wrote:
eyu100 wrote:
Who the fuck looks up to Nixa as a role model? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I kid, I kid...)
Bitch, who the fuck is Nixa?? (Actually never heard of him :P)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

CCBlackmilk wrote: Bitch, who the fuck is Nixa?? (Actually never heard of him :P)
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”