Feature request: maxSpecs behavior

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

Could you make the maxspecs setting not connect extra specs to the game, instead of kicking them from the channel?
YokoZar

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by YokoZar »

eyu100 wrote:Could you make the maxspecs setting not connect extra specs to the game, instead of kicking them from the channel?
I don't think this is possible without changes to the lobby client/protocol.

I'd like to encourage autohosts to not use the maxspecs setting at all, by the way. I've seen players who really want to spectate work around this by joining as a player and then just resigning immediately.
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

YokoZar wrote:
eyu100 wrote:Could you make the maxspecs setting not connect extra specs to the game, instead of kicking them from the channel?
I don't think this is possible without changes to the lobby client/protocol.

I'd like to encourage autohosts to not use the maxspecs setting at all, by the way. I've seen players who really want to spectate work around this by joining as a player and then just resigning immediately.
That might have been me... did it happen recently?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

YokoZar wrote:I'd like to encourage autohosts to not use the maxspecs setting at all, by the way. I've seen players who really want to spectate work around this by joining as a player and then just resigning immediately.
Kick them so they wont try it again as often.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”