Post here how much u hate dsd

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

I am so fucking bored of that stupid map but noo every time i try to vote for another maps the newbs just look at me like "wtf? are u crazy?"

it is so dull seeing the same battle fought on the same map over and over again for 2 years. and all through the night there is only 1 autohost going usually and it is always dsd.

!votedeletedsdfromalldownloadsites

!vote 1
Otherside

Re: Post here how much u hate dsd

Post by Otherside »

go another autohost

go another mod

or host yourself

problem solved
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

its not solved tho..
i cant host.. and dont reply with "not my problem" cos i dont care about u. most mods play dsd all the time and any mod that isnt ba is rubbish anyway.. and if i go to any other autohost as soon as it gets 10+ players the bastards will change it to dsd
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

ChaosMonkey wrote: any mod that isnt ba is rubbish anyway..
youve posted a whole bunch of lol since you joined this forum but this is the icing on the cake. (most probably havent tried other mods and bash mods randomly without trying them like most of the playerbase does)

go suffer in your dsd games you deserve it.

I havent played DSD in my last 50 games.
Last edited by Otherside on 29 Jul 2009, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

ChaosMonkey wrote:its not solved tho..
i cant host..
yes you can, use relay host functionality in SpringLobby
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Stop spamming nubby topix nub
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

Otherside wrote:
ChaosMonkey wrote: any mod that isnt ba is rubbish anyway..
youve posted a whole bunch of lol since you joined this forum but this is the icing on the cake. (most probably havent tried other mods and bash mods randomly without trying them like most of the playerbase does)

go suffer in your dsd games you deserve it.

I havent played DSD in my last 50 games.
ive played CA but it kept spamming me with dumb errors and the cartoony look was retarded and theres too many stupid useless widgets

ive played xta which is a good mod but they still play dsd anyone so doesnt matter much

KP is good

NOTA is good

but compared to ba they all suck.

my replay list is like dsd dsd dsd dsd dsd cos every time a map like charlie or tau10dry comes on im like "yay this map is good why dont we try this" and everyone is like "FUCKING VOTE DSD NEWB" and no matter wat it always ends up back as dsd
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Lots of hate incoming.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Man the cartoons!
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

ChaosMonkey wrote: ive played xta which is a good mod but they still play dsd anyone so doesnt matter much
ChaosMonkey wrote: "wtf? are u crazy?"
you have no idea what you're talking about
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

my replay list is like dsd dsd dsd dsd dsd cos every time a map like charlie or tau10dry comes on im like "yay this map is good why dont we try this" and everyone is like "FUCKING VOTE DSD NEWB" and no matter wat it always ends up back as dsd
I play every mod, have 40k minutes ingame and have barely played ten games on DSD in five years. if you choose to do nooby games of 8v8 ba thats your problem
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
I play every mod, have 40k minutes ingame and have barely played ten games on DSD in five years. if you choose to do nooby games of 8v8 ba thats your problem
no i just play team games on ba which almost always escalate into 8v8 dsd. u are more of 1v1 game player and u dont play ba much so thats why..
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I tried to make a joke about altored but couldn't.
babbles

Post by babbles »

ChaosMonkey wrote: ive played xta which is a good mod but they still play dsd anyone so doesnt matter much

I think I've played DSD on XTA about 7 times, and I have had quite a few XTA games. :P In fact, we hardly ever play DSD except for the odd lulz
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Because of this thread, I'm going to tell newbie I see that they should play DSD and vote against other maps because they are too hard. Here's to Chaosmonkey playing 1000 more DSD games. Long live DSD!

8)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Play more gundam.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

smoth wrote:Play more gundam.
Quoted for the truth.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I have played or specced a few times on this map now. I have to say, there's a reason it's played so much - it's mostly it is well-designed. It gets some things wrong, for instance there's not a lot of terrain that kbots benefit from, but that's forgivable.

The thing that gets screwed up most often - metal distribution - is done pretty well though. There's about twice as much as I'd like, but that's ALMOST NOTHING compared to some of the atrocities I've seen wrought on this game. Yeeeccchhh

You people nowadays have it easy, I bet many of you have never even had to live through the sight of a lobby filled with speemetal games. I still wake up at night in a cold sweat. :cry:

The things this map gets right are superb though - there are multiple attack routes, choke points of varying sizes, a fair bit of metal in the spots that are hard to hold, some high terrain spots to use as your bertha shelter for important structures, sensible use of terrain hardness settings...

If I was going to change anything, I would probably add a bit of water to it, maybe extend the map downwards by 30% and have that area submerged, with some semi-passable water sticking out into the dry land in a few areas. The low-lying areas are sorta boring and this would help with that... not to say that flat land is always a bad thing. Finally, I would take about 25% of the metal in the start positions and remove it entirely, take another 25% and move it to areas closer to the middle of the map so there's more to fight over.
Last edited by Caydr on 31 Jul 2009, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Caydr we'll have to have a nice game on Pork sometime 8)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I am too dumb and uncool to know what Pork is :(

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”