Good, simple-to-mix drinks - Page 3

Good, simple-to-mix drinks

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Argh

Re: Good, simple-to-mix drinks

Post by Argh »

Watermelon + lemon juice is really good straight, honeydew + strawberry is also fairly tasty. I've heard that melon smoothies with a little fresh basil are supposed to be good, as well.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Vodka and sierra mist make a rather nice concoction. Not too sweet, and not to vodka-ey.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Beer + cider + blackcurrant = snakebite = fucking win

taste varies depending on cider + beer combo

Stella + magners + ribena is probably the nicest ive had

but still need to try more combo's.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

No no no.

Lager + Cider = snakebite.

Lager + Cider + Blackcurrant = Diesel
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

FLOZi wrote:No no no.

originally yes but now in pretty much every bar or at least the ones ive been to in UK and over here you ask for a snakebite you will get it with blackcurrant.

you ask for a diesel they go "wot ?"
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Otherside wrote:

originally yes but now in pretty much every bar or at least the ones ive been to in UK and over here you ask for a snakebite you will get it with blackcurrant.

You are going to rubbish bars. :|

Come to Yorkshire. 8)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

i prefer snakebite with blackcurrant because i wasnt a big beer fan till recently now ill drink it either way.

I been to bars in southampton/portsmouth/london and either not got served snakebite or only black snakebites.

taking a mates student yellow card and getting 8 pound for a jug (5 pints) of magners/stella snakebite ftw
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

White russians are really good, Kahlua + vodka & cream or milk. Probably my favorite mixed drink. Also, I used to enjoy whiskey and coca cola back when I still drank sodas.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Try dumping a couple o shots of baileys into a pint of guiness, you can also add about half a can of redbull to that too if you fancy :)

Vodka and worcester sauce are pretty damn nasty, its called dirty water, make this for people who lose a bet :)
(add a pinch of salt if you're feeling mean ---- if you dont have worcester sauce, its hard to get in canada, just throw in some soy sauce. :P )

Otherside must go to the bars in brighton or summat, Ive never ever got blackcurrant when Ive asked for a pint snakebite, lol
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Pressure Line wrote:Irish Car Bomb, is a beer cocktail which is a variation of the boilermaker. It is made with stout (e.g., Guinness), Irish Cream (e.g., Baileys), and Irish whiskey (e.g., Jameson).

he Jameson whiskey is floated on top of the Baileys in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout. Once mixed, the drink must be consumed quickly because it will curdle.

also see: October Crisis, consists of a shot of Canadian Club dropped into Labatt 50.
I can now personally endorse this product and/or service. And I cannot emphasize the drinking quickly part enough, you pretty much have to chug the whole drink in one go. The original recipie calls for guiness, but it works fine with Steinlager or Heineken (or any decent local equiv)
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

malibu + coke
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Beherith wrote:One of the finest two component drinks is Zubrowka and apple juice.
Zubrowka is a polish vodka made with bison grass extract, and together with apple juice, it gets this amazing cider-like taste with a hint of cinnamon.
also, if you happen to live in the US, you don't get the real deal because bison grass extract is somehow classified as a drug.

back on topic: any combination of herbal vodka and apple+peppermint juice will knock you down before you know it hit you.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

FLOZi wrote:
Otherside wrote:

You are going to rubbish bars. :|

Come to Yorkshire. 8)
yeah, in yorkshire only poofs have fruit juice in their beer.. its obvious. frankly even lager seems a bit dubious.. whats wrong with proper beer?

down south no one gives a shit if you're gay or make love to fruit or whatever so you can drink what you like
jennington

Post by jennington »

Most actual drinks have a minimum of 3 different ingredients, so if 2 is your maximum, you're making this a little tricky, but I can list some combinations I've liked:

Vodka + an energy drink (some are better, some worse, any is safe for experimenting, won't taste terrible)

Vodka + Schweppes lemonades, Russchian is especially good for this, imo. More difficult combinations are really good too. There's a "mix-a-drink" on the Schweppes site, you can get good ideas there (vodka is always good for the basic alcoholic part of the drink if one isn't mentioned there ;))

Vodka + Pisang Ambon. You can make all kinds of good combinations easily with Pisang, some are listed on the site.

Vodka + Pisang Ambon + Sprite or Mountain Dew is very easy and also a personal favorite of mine. Tastes fruity and with a good ratio, you won't even really notice the alcohol even though both vodka and Pisang have a nice amount of it.
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Ever tried Port or Sherry?

All you need is a bottle of e.g. Sandeman medium dry and a refrigerator.

Edit: I am not a big fan of those mixed "alcopops", except maybe some girly stuff like Caipirinha which is, I admit, really nice. My favorite drink is still pure, slightly cooled Scotch, no water, no ice. It's true that you can't really taste the flavor of undiluted Whisky because it numbs your tongue, but drinking it in small sips is really enjoyable and makes you feel awake and concentrated.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Well I've been poor lately. I usually drink non domestic beer or vodka and tonic, but lately I've found a pretty good cheap beer replacement is box wine and club soda. you can drink quite a bit with out the usual wine hang overs because of the extra water your are drinking with it. But then again I shouldn't drink because I turn into a major asshole.

edit: all this sugar crap like soda and stuff, if you drink a lot of it, it gets old really fast. so you will eventually evolve to less sugary tastes. usually rum to whiskey to a vodka to a gin.
and malibu is for high school girls. YUK
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

bobthedinosaur wrote:edit: all this sugar crap like soda and stuff, if you drink a lot of it, it gets old really fast. so you will eventually evolve to less sugary tastes. usually rum to whiskey to a vodka to a gin.
and malibu is for high school girls. YUK
real men listen rock and drink beer!

my taste is better than yours, so stfu.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

listen 'to' rock?
Also I said I drink beer, so learn to read and write better.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

haha good deffence

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”