New Lobby released: QTLobby - Page 3

New Lobby released: QTLobby

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

[oxnull]Lupus

Re: New Lobby released: QTLobby

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Super Mario wrote: 64 bit.
You start qtlobby from spring user dir i guess :) And it will work in this case. In the upcoming release this issue might be fixed tho. It's bakin' right now.
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Here we go. r68 is out!
Executable with new dll: http://qtlobby.googlecode.com/files/qtl ... e_only.zip
Full dlls package(if u'r downloading for the first time): http://qtlobby.googlecode.com/files/qtlobby-dlls.zip
Unpack everything to some folder and launch qtlobby.exe
Screenshot:
http://antideza.su/published/shot17.jpeg
Changelog can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/qtlobby/wiki/Changelog
Report issues here please:
http://code.google.com/p/qtlobby/issues/list
Thank you for testing. :)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Oh gawd it's gonna be like CA. Revision 1000 in the first week of release.
caldera

Post by caldera »

it only works if i dont extract it directly into springfolder...any other folder will do. any reason for this?
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

caldera wrote:it only works if i dont extract it directly into springfolder...any other folder will do. any reason for this?
Weird. It would be less surprising it it was vice versa. What revision do u use?

http://antideza.su/published/shot22.jpeg
http://antideza.su/published/shot21.jpeg
New UI concept, inspired by Jazcash's sketches
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I have to admit that I really like that ui concept.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Are you guys planning on using your own torrent / SpringDownloader type system eventually?

Meanwhile, QTLobby includes a different MinGW DLL than the one included in SpringLobby so I can't both have them in the same root Spring directory.

Finally, QTLobby does start with SpringLobby's MinGW DLL, but it can't find the unitsync. I'm on Vista SP1 and I run QTLobby as an administrator.
caldera

Post by caldera »

[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
caldera wrote:it only works if i dont extract it directly into springfolder...any other folder will do. any reason for this?
Weird. It would be less surprising it it was vice versa. What revision do u use?

i tried with latest 0.68 but also the ones before....its really strange. i have the dlls and exe in a folder on my desktop and it works. if i copy all the files into springfolder it crashes at lobby-start.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Some GAI told me I should upload my GUI.

aegis

Post by aegis »

right, because nobody ever joins more than six channels :P
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Dude, all these crazy layouts in every lobby, none of them familiar... why isn't anybody making a lobby that works like a normal modern windows multiple document app?

The menu opens windows. Windows can either be tabs in the main view, or floating always-on-top panels, or side-docked panels(which can be set to auto-hide).

Everything is a window. Battleroom is a window. Game list is a window. A single chat is a window.

Then the users can lay it out however we like.
reivanen

Post by reivanen »

Is ther anyone wiling to join a commnity driven qt lobby fund and give this man sone credit for his work done.

i mean this lobby is by far the best lobby out there, and i for one wuld be willing to make a donation if he continues the development in the pace he has done till here. Bugs are squished in notime.

when the lobby is fully forking and ready to replace sl and tasclient, i wuld be willing to make a donation.
reivanen

Post by reivanen »

We reallly need to have a better information of whos ready or not. and an option of "if player x readies not in x minutes, he will be kiked, unless all orher lauers are readty.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Pxtl wrote:Everything is a window. Battleroom is a window. Game list is a window. A single chat is a window.

Then the users can lay it out however we like.

Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Nice. I didn't realize it had that capability since QT's widgets for that sort of thing don't look like the Windows ones.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Yeah, one of my favorite things about it so far :-)
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Pxtl wrote:Nice. I didn't realize it had that capability since QT's widgets for that sort of thing don't look like the Windows ones.
They should look native in windows tho.
Jazcash, i uploaded your ui to google some time ago not to loose them. It has some nice ideas we gonna implement.
reivanen, thx, but best credit for us will be a windows developer. Without such guy we're useless for windows platform. We got virtual machines and everything, but it's impossible to seriously debug something on it.
Last edited by [oxnull]Lupus on 03 Jul 2009, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
aegis

Post by aegis »

any reason?
post or thread?
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

aegis wrote:any reason?
post or thread?
Post. :) answered before reading, but luckywaldo7 posted exactly the same screenshot i posted in that post :)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

aegis wrote:right, because nobody ever joins more than six channels :P
It when more channels are joined than can be displayed a slider or arrow would popup so you can view the others :P
[oxnull]Lupus wrote: Jazcash, i uploaded your ui to google some time ago not to loose them. It has some nice ideas we gonna implement.
If you download Adobe Fireworks I can send you the editable file and you can rip bits apart and do whatever you want with it.
I'm also hoping to do some more work on this soon and I might make some documentation of how it would work. Then later in my life when I can code, I'll probably make it :D

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”