Spring Mod Maker - Updated! - Page 3

Spring Mod Maker - Updated!

Resources to get you going on your new project, or to help you over some emergent problems during your development cycle.

Moderator: Moderators

Tsuyosa

Re: Spring Mod Maker - Updated (V1.0.1.0)!

Post by Tsuyosa »

Yay updated!

Tried with other browser, but there it kept saying i forgot to fill in some information, which I didn't imo.
Anyway, just removed it and uploaded again!

Things we fixed since the previous release:

ÔÇó Make icons for modlayout editor
ÔÇó Make errors after building more clear
ÔÇó A bug on reloading an object with int/double

If anyone finds something else, please let me know!
(springmodmaker@gmail.com).

Tsu.
Pressure Line

Re: Spring Mod Maker - Updated!

Post by Pressure Line »

Please please please include documentation. I have fielded several requests for help this week. All from utter spring modding nubs. You have provided an 'easy way out' for people learning to spring mod (ie they don't have to learn where things go in the mod structure or what they do.) which is all good, but since no-one except you knows how the program is set up, it makes explaining things extremely hard.

Also. what the heck does the Factions part set up? I couldn't even open the page for it.
clericvash

Re: Spring Mod Maker

Post by clericvash »

Tsuyosa wrote:
clericvash wrote:It is about time someone did something like this, great work dude, don't mind the community they get arsey sometimes. But what they say about "TA Spring" is true, Spring runs more than just TA nowadays (arghs commerical game P.U.R.E comes to mind and kernel panic).
Thanks, and im not a dude xD

How should i call the game then? Spring?
Your a lass? :P

I would like to request some sort of Linux version please.
Gedanken

Re: Spring Mod Maker

Post by Gedanken »

clericvash wrote:
Tsuyosa wrote:
clericvash wrote:It is about time someone did something like this, great work dude, don't mind the community they get arsey sometimes. But what they say about "TA Spring" is true, Spring runs more than just TA nowadays (arghs commerical game P.U.R.E comes to mind and kernel panic).
Thanks, and im not a dude xD

How should i call the game then? Spring?
Your a lass? :P

I would like to request some sort of Linux version please.
Have you tried running it with mono?
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

Pressure Line wrote:Please please please include documentation. I have fielded several requests for help this week. All from utter spring modding nubs. You have provided an 'easy way out' for people learning to spring mod (ie they don't have to learn where things go in the mod structure or what they do.) which is all good, but since no-one except you knows how the program is set up, it makes explaining things extremely hard.

Also. what the heck does the Factions part set up? I couldn't even open the page for it.
I will add more detailed documentation once i have time, currently it's a quite busy period for me at school, but in about 3 weeks i will have all the time in the world (i hope) and i will get back on the project. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Tsu
command

Post by command »

im having some troble are stationairy units building cus there no other tab that says building or anything so wha in asking is how do i do building in the smm? please help
command

Post by command »

"im having some trouble with creating stationary units (buildings). i dont see a tab for creating buildings. please, how do i add a building in the smm? thanks"
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Just started using it, first impressions are that it would be cool if it greyed out options that didn't apply, ie if you have the canmove button unticked then it should grey out things like acceleration etc.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

command wrote:"im having some trouble with creating stationary units (buildings). i dont see a tab for creating buildings. please, how do i add a building in the smm? thanks"
The trick to being taken seriously is to at least try to act like you have a 3 digit IQ. The correct way to get an answer to a question is to wait a little longer than 5 hours before doubleposting the *same* question. Actually, you should never doublepost the same question, if someone knows the answer, and cares enough to share it, they will.

To answer your question, buildings are not a different *type* of unit. They are just units that cannot move and have a footprint.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Now now, I'm sure Tsu wouldn't want us dirtying her thread.

*Spits*
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Would it be better if units had sub sections for texture/model/script each rather than having them separated by type? Seems logical.
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

JAZCASH wrote:Now now, I'm sure Tsu wouldn't want us dirtying her thread.

*Spits*
*Cleans up*
To answer your question, buildings are not a different *type* of unit. They are just units that cannot move and have a footprint.
Yes, thats about right
Just started using it, first impressions are that it would be cool if it greyed out options that didn't apply, ie if you have the canmove button unticked then it should grey out things like acceleration etc.
Good idea, ill add it to my todo list
Would it be better if units had sub sections for texture/model/script each rather than having them separated by type? Seems logical.
Feel free to do so. I merely ,ade the program, the mod layout is up to you to design:D
However, if you wait a little while (most likely still one or two months) i will make it possible to split the modlayout in multiple files, which makes it easier to add/change smaller parts.

Tsu.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Tsuyosa wrote:However, if you wait a little while (most likely still one or two months) i will make it possible to split the modlayout in multiple files, which makes it easier to add/change smaller parts.

Tsu.
I don't understand what you're saying.

Also can you make it not delete everything in the build directory that isn't in the mod project.
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

Is there a way to import files that you already working on? Like units for example.
locojones

Post by locojones »

Whats the diference with Editor Spring? Im seraching tools for a new mod.
kurlie

Post by kurlie »

Sorry to necro such an old thread, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if this is still compatable with the latest version of spring. If not are there any similar tools I could use?
knorke

Post by knorke »

Did not test but probally not compatible:
-no .lua files
-some small changes to unitdefs (some tags removed or changed)

There is no similiar tool afaik, everyone just uses some texteditor.
Since spring modding documenation http://springrts.com/wiki/Game_and_Unit_development got a bit better in last years, that is not so bad though as it sounds.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yeah, notepad++ and the wiki are pretty much the ticket nowadays.

The wiki is better because it provides actual context.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Or you could try Sublimetext 2, which will run on Linux and OS X ( unlike notepad++ which is windows only ), has a similar if not superior featureset, and a thriving ecosystem that can easily nab the shiny things built for Komodo IDE/Coda/textWrangler/etc

It even has a plugin(s) that will help with lua:

https://github.com/rorydriscoll/LuaSublime

Full syntax colouring, autocompletion, and runtime linting checking for syntax errors and issues
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

AF wrote:Or you could try Sublimetext 2
Been using this for a while, can testify that it's fucking awesome.

Return to “Game Development Tutorials & Resources”