TASServer update : one int for id team and side ! - Page 3

TASServer update : one int for id team and side !

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

zerver
Spring Developer

Re: TASServer update : one int for id team and side !

Post by zerver »

Tobi wrote:The real filesystem overrides any content files, without being hashed.
Niceee. In that case, I withdraw my complaint...
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

And there we go again with the bitchyness.

Well aegis you say its all fixed and on your HD but you refuse to put up the changes and your real reason is lack of time? The whole point of spring being open source is so everyone can lend a hand....
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

We should tread carefully adding new thing to tasserver because say you added that engine version flag, we would now have the same feature implemented in 2 different ways, as I asked aegis to implement it in uberserver months ago along with an engine name field to aid glest support and he went and did it.

Aegis is the official server maintainer by decree of tobi, and that means what he says goes. Any changes to the protocol need to be passed to him for consideration before implementation. This bypasses the whole fact that there are numerous programs and projects that use this protocol, yet it was changed on a whim without ANY of us being consulted.

Were the springlobby people consulted? What about the autohost developers? Sefidel? Even me? No. A public thread wasnt even posted to ask, instead a news announcement once it had already changed!
lurker

Post by lurker »

What's already changed? The server hasn't.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

he implemented the changes in svn before telling anybody about it is what I referred to
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

1) Is it deployed yet?
2) Will it impact my single player launcher?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Its a server change, last time I check offline programs had nothing to do with it

All lobby clients however are broken by the svn changes
aegis

Post by aegis »

clericvash wrote:And there we go again with the bitchyness.

Well aegis you say its all fixed and on your HD but you refuse to put up the changes and your real reason is lack of time? The whole point of spring being open source is so everyone can lend a hand....
yeah, although anyone can lend a hand, I've had 0 patches submitted in uberserver's lifetime.

the most help I've had iirc is tizbac and lurker running the server locally and helping me find bugs or giving general suggestions, which I ended up patching/implementing

if I had reason to believe anyone else would actually help me, I'd be more inclined to keep the public repo up to date.

Return to “Engine”