thesleepless's Models and Concept Art - Page 3

thesleepless's Models and Concept Art

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

thesleepless

Re: thesleepless's Models and Concept Art

Post by thesleepless »

nova distributor, fast armoured hover transport, only carrys 6 or 8 small bots.
for quick deployment of troops into defended territory.
possibly give it some kind of EMP weapon.

quick concept, not done yet, just want to know if this kind of transport is possible where the units are visible in various locations while being transported. if not i'll change the design.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Yeah, that's perfectly possible. The design itself seems kinda 'flat' though; all the previous designs had lots of nice, smooth curves which this one seems to lack.
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

Guessmyname wrote:Yeah, that's perfectly possible. The design itself seems kinda 'flat' though; all the previous designs had lots of nice, smooth curves which this one seems to lack.
yep, i know, i plan to refine it now that i know that the idea isn't a waste of time =)
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

nova distributor
hover (maybe air) transport

possibly the mid section expands and contracts as transportees embark/disembark (if this is possible)

could also work as an air transport, perhaps even with a toggle between hover and air. as an air unit it becomes weak to AA but can get over moar terrain.

it'd like it also to be able to DROP its payload rather than just descend and let it disembark if this is possible.
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

thesleepless wrote:Image
please modell them
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

manolo_ wrote:please modell them
i have modelled the skimmer, hovercon (except for the internal stuff), anaconda and distributor.
still need to texture them.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I like that; but the front does look a little like an angry clown...
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

thesleepless wrote:need to figure out what's going to pop up out of the panels.
is there a standardised nova nanolathe?
There isnt at this point, but nanolathes are a TAism so we should probably come up with something unique.

On the hover transport: Its possible to have units ride 'inside' like that, ever seen the Spring page splash image with star wars clone trooper air transport full of stormies?

However, units are not uniform size. The Warrior is like 2.5x the width of the Glaive/Peewee/Spherebot. A transport also needs to be flexible enough to carry a wide range of units, otherwise its going to be underused.

Everything but the air transports are very underused at the moment. The current thinking for the hover transport is to make it like the surfboard: Units ride on TOP of it, it is a fireplatform so they can shoot from it, and they survive if the transport dies (we couldnt do this before because units would 'warp' if dropped underwater- No longer! They now sink). This way it can be used on sea as a platform from which land units can fight while they are transported, and on land can be used to give mobility to slower units (and some extra HP, since it must be killed first). It could possibly transport multiple of the smaller units on it, though they might try and shoot through eachother.

Might be a bit difficult to balance though and would probably favour use with slow, ranged units like snipers and pillagers.
Raxxman

Post by Raxxman »

Well if you could airdrop multiple glaives behind enemy lines you could do serious damage.

Maybe if it was fitted to be able to carry 8 glaives in those bays + 1 or 2 units underneath of whatever size you'd have a nice mobile assault force.

Add a sneaky Pete and :twisted:
pintle

Post by pintle »

Could it be built including the glaives already loaded?
smoth

Post by smoth »

pintle wrote:Could it be built including the glaives already loaded?
would be awesome
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

i originally designed it just to carry glaive like bots, but i don't see why it couldn't carry small vehicles and larger bots too. 1 warrior = 2 glavies, 1 vech = 4 glavies or something? and yeah it could be spawned with a full complement of soldiers, but i guess that's up to the mod ppl who implement it as to what works best for balance.
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

Nova Bot Factory Concept

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:I like that; but the front does look a little like an angry clown...
Really? I see a cute dog.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Really? I see character on a model which will allow it to stand out.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

neddiedrow wrote:Really? I see character on a model which will allow it to stand out.
This.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Btw factories could be designed for complex scripts, like mini assembly lines, or pads that push unit out from the lab while being constructed etc.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

What licho is talking about is that CA is made to have units built without any downtime from the factory. IE when a unit is finished, the spot where the new unit is created is already clear. Currently, units are just ejected out of the factory on completion but this looks silly. The best way to do this is probably a conveyor or assembly line type affair. The pad could probably move for that purpose.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hell, use catapults to toss aircraft and even walkers out before the structure.

Return to “Art & Modelling”