[ Tech Wars ] Open Beta Release v1.09 - Page 3

[ Tech Wars ] Open Beta Release v1.09

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Neuralize

Re: [ Tech Wars ] Open Beta Release v1.09

Post by Neuralize »

At least with Spring someone will actually see your models...
BUT RIGHT, YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE STOLEN THE MODELS IN THE FIRST PLACE. DUMBASS.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

edit: frankly, I was going to ignore this thread, but someone has to come out with that argument

tbh, the claim that over 9000 times more people play Spring is bullshit. Especially true with this mod vs TAWP anyways. so stop with the shitty argument that "AT LEAST YOUR UNIT WILL BE PLAYED" bullshit. I don't care if none of the spring players play with my shit just like I wouldn't sleep with a fugly bitch to get laid. even if I get 20 TA players to appreciate them on my terms, I'll be happy.

fyi, most *A mods in spring also looks like a pieces of shit. The fact that more people play BA than any other mod is sad, and shows that spring players have no taste.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Hey man, you have legitimate reasons to be steamed over this repeated BS (you've had to deal with it for at least year now, I've been paying attention). But don't diss the rest of us spring players. Calling us fugly bitches. That aint cool.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I can't blame him, his work is being stolen and used for stuff without his permission, as a community we should as whole frown uppon this.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

TheRegisteredOne wrote:edit: frankly, I was going to ignore this thread, but someone has to come out with that argument

tbh, the claim that over 9000 times more people play Spring is bullshit. Especially true with this mod vs TAWP anyways. so stop with the shitty argument that "AT LEAST YOUR UNIT WILL BE PLAYED" bullshit. I don't care if none of the spring players play with my shit just like I wouldn't sleep with a fugly bitch to get laid. even if I get 20 TA players to appreciate them on my terms, I'll be happy.

fyi, most *A mods in spring also looks like a pieces of shit. The fact that more people play BA than any other mod is sad, and shows that spring players have no taste.
tbh I wish you liked spring, because you make really good work. :(
vampi3

Post by vampi3 »

It's just pitifull.

Can i hope you ALL delete NOW all mods taking stuffs from TA without asking before ?

Let's TA die peacefully with the two-three players who still play original TA with the original disks purchased with real money (i'm one of the three. Who are the last two).

Let's delete Spring NOW from our disks, because original content, and the game itself WITHOUT luas is only a rip-off of TA.

Let's die TAU boards and their over-the-top copyright issue (they themselves say they are just a dying handfull now).

Just let's buy SupCom, or wait for Starcraft 2.

And let's never hear from all this crap. And that's as moded and modeler (yes, i now my statics turrets are not good, kay ?) i speak.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

Neuralize wrote:At least with Spring someone will actually see your models...
BUT RIGHT, YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE STOLEN THE MODELS IN THE FIRST PLACE. DUMBASS.
In my case, the ~ 900 to 1000 downloads of TA-BattleFleet from FileUniverse + the old Spring files site (Its a good underdog mod :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) are far from bad and filled this gap. Not in another place without any polite and cordially agreement between people :wink:

and ...
P.S. Im still playing TA, including Escalation :lol:
OMG Im one of the five :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by VonGratz on 24 May 2009, 03:24, edited 3 times in total.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

vampi3 wrote:Can i hope you ALL delete NOW all mods taking stuffs from TA without asking before ?
Following this line, practically NONE will be delected :lol: :lol: :lol: , because its one of the rules Spring and TA community accept, respect, and utilizes, also being a way to avoid conflicts like this, and, au contraire that you think, it do not restrict anything, but promotes the link between modders and modellers for a better colaboration and final stuff.
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

Can someone explain this apparent hypocrisy to me?

There is outrage when lemmi has 'stolen' work that is freely available, without asking or crediting.
There is no outrage when most (if not all) TA mods have stolen the copyrighted IP from the original game.

We are extremely unhappy that someone has 'stolen' our creation or creations by the community for the community, but we are pretty much fine with the idea that we all have stolen property from some company.

Purely rationally, how do you account for this?

I don't have a position on this, I'm just pointing out the completely crazy logic.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Elkvis wrote:There is no outrage when most (if not all) TA mods have stolen the copyrighted IP from the original game.
Actually, there is constant outrage about this. You just haven't been listening.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Elkvis wrote:There is outrage when lemmi has 'stolen' work that is freely available, without asking or crediting.
There is no outrage when most (if not all) TA mods have stolen the copyrighted IP from the original game.
Idd, Stupid people.

"Lets upload my stuff to make people able to use it but then when they do complain that they are using my stuff"
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

"use" is a very vague term. For instance, paved roads were meant for people to "use" them by travelling over them, not to "use" them to tear stones and build their own house.
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

zwzsg wrote:
Elkvis wrote:There is no outrage when most (if not all) TA mods have stolen the copyrighted IP from the original game.
Actually, there is constant outrage about this. You just haven't been listening.
I'm yet to see BA pulled from circulation. The point about disparity still stands.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

zwzsg wrote:"use" is a very vague term. For instance, paved roads were meant for people to "use" them by travelling over them, not to "use" them to tear stones and build their own house.
In this case include them in a mod and not selling them imo.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

TAWP and TA:Esc were never made to be "used" like that, for people to include in their mods.

They were made to be use with TA, with no other mods. Most of the mod works was to be make sure every unit is coherent with every other unit, but in term of balance and in term of visual design. To have them gutted out and brutally thrown in mod (and engine) they don't fit is disheartning. To have Lord Lemmi base up his promo vid on "new units" without even mentionning that he didn't make them is revolting.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

indeed. if it had been a TAUIP or UTSAP port with script and fx fixes for spring (and perhaps some balancing, it was always a bit off in those uber unitpacks), and was clearly labeled as such i doubt anyone would have a problem. Instead, as zwzsg noted, it was "OMG NEW UNITS!!!" (which gives the impression that LL was the creator, intentional or not) without making a serious effort to credit or contact the original creators and ask if its ok to use their stuff like that.

Alternatively, the video could have been done with a slightly different format, ie: "featuring new units by D4D" *cut to short segment of D4D units blowing shit up* "and VonGratz" *vongratz's units blowing shit up* "Mayhem" *Mayhem's units...* well you get the picture. It wouldn't have been hard to do, and probably would have gotten much better reactions from the creators, something along the lines of "hey that looks cool!" (although in the ESC case, with their own game in development its understandable that they dont want you stealing their thunder as it were.)
vampi3

Post by vampi3 »

VonGratz wrote:
vampi3 wrote:Can i hope you ALL delete NOW all mods taking stuffs from TA without asking before ?
Following this line, practically NONE will be delected :lol: :lol: :lol: , because its one of the rules Spring and TA community accept, respect, and utilizes, also being a way to avoid conflicts like this, and, au contraire that you think, it do not restrict anything, but promotes the link between modders and modellers for a better colaboration and final stuff.

Uh ?

Gundam mod have authorization for using G universe ?
BA have authorization for using all the units (and let's face it : Without BA, Spring don't exist anymore) ?
Don't i see Ta concept units in CA (and "we replace them later" is NOT a legal answer, and you know it) ?
How goes XTA ?
And MA ?
Or BOTA ?
Or even NOTA ?

And that only for units ! Without talk of scripts, data organizations, etc.

Or even the concept of the game.

Star wars mod is okay (Lucasfilm and G. himself allow fan made work if it's not commercial), but he's rarely played. And by the way it's a shame because i want to.

The only well played mod that is really okay, at least for me, is 1944. And you know what this "well played" mean...

P.S. And don't some maps are TA or even SC born ?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Japan has a far more open policy in general than other nations, Gundam is permitted on similar, if not more permissive, grounds as SW:IW.

None of the TA projects stretching into antiquity had actual permission for the TA source material.

The maps are in an interesting position. Officially there is no level of protection for map concepts and ideas understood within this or pretty much any other community. I've tried to argue the point, but ghosts from game and mod projects continue to force their agenda in discussion.

Return to “Game Releases”