Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

zerver
Spring Developer

Re: Terminator 4

Post by zerver »

+1 for Cameron.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Did you just argue that I should not be critical of a product because it comes from an intrinsically lesser medium?

Doesn't fly.

The choice argument also doesn't function when you're trying to tell me my perception or evaluation is wrong. You're entitled to be as delusional as you wish, of course.
Gota

Post by Gota »

THX
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

PicassoCT wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:Ooh, I really like Alien Resurrection too, it's entirely possible I'm what's wrong with modern cinema... I apologize to the world at large.
All those years i waited for one of those fanboiylurkers to rise, to say i like resurrection.. i prepared myself, i oiled the rifles, i sharpened the knifes and regularly updatet the torture chamber... and now you of all, sinbad..
this makes all my preparations as hopeless as resurection, which mass produced the alien - and let the humans get away with it..

t3 was funny though! And 12 Monkey is the Movie were the Brad ownz for the first time, followed by fightclub and snatch all good movesees

In my defense I saw Resurection in high school while surviving on Coke and Coffee on the last night of a 3 day robotics competition during which the hotel they had us staying in was filled with hundreds of nerdy teens... we ordered the movie to our hotel room and packed as 12 people (including some girls... there was a team from an all girls school) onto the two beds... it's entirely possible that having watched the movie during one of the best experiences of my high school career has colored my enjoyment of the film... perhaps I need to watch it again to ruin the memory... my cousin is a Bad Horror Film Buff so it's likely he has it... (on a related note, is the New version of the Mist as bad as the Old one... I mean Pirate Ghosts? Really?)

When I mentioned 12 Monkeys I was referring to it's apt presentation of the futility of trying to use time travel to change history.

Meanwhile I mention the Matrix as it tells the end of the Terminator story thatFox Stole.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Mist?By Steven king?the latest mist is good.
12 monkeys is a good movie also.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

why do people post in threads made by GOTA

GOTA opinion > All

Unless you agree with him, your wrong.

It's talking to a 13 year old :roll:
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

And you (we)re that diffrent spawn? And Gota can be trained to do funny tricks - as he goes 180┬░ degrees of your opinion whenever you don┬┤t agree on one point. He has the right interest, and once he settles down might become quite a good member of this boardhords.

!gnirpS si sihT?!ytinasnsI
in other words a hole in the ground out of which reversejump problems..
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

independence day was a good movie unlike T3
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Alien ressurection was a good movie, but it was also a terrible sequel. On its own its a movie you might want to watch again on TV, see once in the pictures. But when set as part of the aliens series, it pales in comparison to the likes of alien and aliens.

I liked terminator 3, but I get the impression people panned it anyway because it wasn't a remake of terminator 2, it was never going to please the critics. Regardless of its merits, the terminator series has a trend where the older the film, the more glorification it gets. imo T2 > T1 yet people are always harping on about Terminator 1, for a lot of T1 at the first half I was a little bored, so much so that when I was younger and first watched it, I actually turned it off! At the time I had already seen T2, and T1 having heard all this glorious praise was dissapointing. Having since watched it in full its a good movie, but T2 is better, and T3 is good too, but it gets a raw deal.

Aliens v predators was interesting, not seen requeim yet, wouldnt rate it as a classic.

I'm really looking forward to terminator 4, but I get the feeling people will either praise it, or most likely pan it for not being terminator 2
Gota

Post by Gota »

Well when u say not being T2 this means a lot...
T2 was not written by 12 writers making a huge mess out of it..
If i recall correctly T3 had like 10 people contributing to the script....
Same with t4...
T1 is a bit like the sixth sense or alien 1.
It was meant to be watched once because it takes time in the movie until everything is explained...and you don't really know wtf is going until kyle explains everything to Sarah.

Seriously though how can you not say that T3 was a spin off on the frenchise?
It was not made cause some director or writer wanted it to be made and pushed for it,it was made out of pure $$ thinking.
And its obvious,no matter where you look at it...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Movies are rarely made for any reason other than money. With the exception of oddities such as the passion of christ.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

zerver wrote:+1 for Cameron.
hottest terminator ever
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

I think the biggest fail of t3 was arnie: the reason alien got dragged in this tread.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Man the terminator is still is one of my fav of all time, sometimes I can't really decide which I like more 1 or 2.
T1 was definately more scary, T2 had some comedy moments in it which lightened it up a little, but I think I just preffered the 1st one, it was just so intense.

One of the best scenes ever in any movie was when Reece and the terminator are in that night club both looking for Sarah connor at the same time, the way it just has that cool music playing and the slow mo!, she drops something bends down, just as the terminator walks past then there's an awesome shot of a hot chick dancing, as arnie walks behind her, sarah sits up and sees reece looking at her in the mirror and thinks hes the guy thats after her, then the terminator spots her and then Reece spots him whips out his shotgun, shoots him back through the window, you think hes dead then his fingers move and he gets up all robotic n stuff!
ahh man, genius! great directing!

They just don't make em like they used to!

ps I saw the new one.... Effing shite, Christian Bale still talks like Batman ffs. Complete bollocks if you ask me!

I found that scene too haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8NC708_c

you got me burnin! hehe
Last edited by BigSteve on 26 May 2009, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Talks like batman lol?
What do you mean?
You expected he would change his voice?
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

yeha he talks in that silly growly voice lol,
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

spoilers spoilers Spoilers SPOILERS SPOILERSSS!!
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

seems like a related topic...

i just watched "Outlander" the other day, it's got the dude from passion of the christ, he crashlands on earth in norway in the 8th century, bringing malevolent alien hunters with him by accident.

"beowulf meets predator" claimed the advertisments, which is pretty much exactly how the movie is.

the advertisments also said "best movie ever" which im not too sure about, but i certainly enjoyed it more than terminator 3.

if you feel that jesus didn't kick enough ass in "passion", then check out this movie because he fits two movies worth of uber spacewin beatdowns into one. (watch your step though, there are plot holes)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Heh,seems like it's being killed by reviewers for being soulless and undramatic...
Guess that's what you get when you have hordes of writers poking at the script and when the original writers were the ones that wrote t3...
I guess these last 2 Terminators are to T1 and T2 what matrix 2 and 3 were to The Matrix.
Peace

Post by Peace »

Ugh, just came back from watching it. Hard to point out whats "wrong" with it but something definately is. I mean not even the finishing fight was exciting...

Think I actually even prefer T3 over this one tbh.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”