X-Men Origins : Wolverine

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Post by Otherside »

What did people think of the film.

Like most Marvel/DC comic book films it was overhyped as hell.

I personally found they tried to fit in to much into one rather short film. Characters didnt seem to last very long. And the acting wasnt amazing either(i did like the guy who played sabertooth tho).

Overall i expected much more from the film. It didnt deliver as i expected, Hugh jackman did an ok job but the story could have been worked on alot and overall it felt rushed. Special effects weren't even that great.

I think Watchmen (last comic book film ive seen) is a way way way better film.

Imo its better than spiderman 3 (but spiderman 3 sucked) but not as good as the individual xmen films.
Gota

Re: X-Men Origins : Wolverine

Post by Gota »

Just a stupid comics based movie.
No further analysis necessary.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Gota wrote:Just a stupid comics based movie.
No further analysis necessary.
/troll

I thought it was extemely dissapointing in the wake of batman and watchmen and yeah, the original xmen films (although 3 was pretty wut)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Must be difficult to cope with those blades in RL..

"Wolverine, come down into the -------.. Wolverine..."
"Yes, Mum."
"Chop that Vegetables, dear, chop the meat, make those X-Men Schaschliks we love that mutch.."
"Yes, Mum.."
"And your pal is out of hospital, after you lost controll, at that secret handshake... they say he will be able to use his hand again- one day..."
"Yes, Mum.."
"Don┬┤t chop yourself up, it may heal in seconds, but we don┬┤t want that strange taste again in the bbq..."
"Yes, Mum..."

I killed my own idol, and i don┬┤t regret it.
And imagine the Hardcore fans... "Plz Doc can┬┤t you transplate it into my Hand..."
"My, dear little Nerdie, no i won┬┤t cybernitcally enhance you with that swissknife.. now gtfo of my hospital.."
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

I fully expect this movie to be complete shite, I mean just watch the trailers...

Nobody really expected it to be anything but a money making exercise with a few explosions, horrible acting a terrible plot did they?

I mean, you did see the other Xmen movies didnt you?

And why does everyone cream themseleves over the Batman movies?
They were f***** terrible!
Why can't he just talk in a normal voice FFS!

Rant Over

/Relax

:)
smoth

Post by smoth »

ironman(america fuck yeah) was good, end of transmission.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

If it's so bad, why do you discuss it, and why did you watch it in the first place?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

saying you dont like batman is trendy on these forums, but stupid since the films rocked. he talks in the stupid voice so when he talks to the person out of costume they arent all "oh, hey, your batman arent you"
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

people seem to be ashamed to admit when a overhyped film is good.

Sure batman wasnt as good as the hype it got (its still a very good film)

And Heath Ledgers performance was very good also even though people seem to like to bash it because they think he only got credit for it because he died. If he was alive id say the same thing and hed probably get the same praise all around without as much media attention if he was alive (might not have got the oscar but deffo worth a nominee and a shot)
Gota

Post by Gota »

latest batman is the best in the series from today's point of view.
We cant really compare it to the older films like the first one with nickolson or the second mad by tim barton because these were different times.

Latest batman was hyped like crazy and now is the blowback hype and everyone says it was horrible..
Obviously it was V good for a "batman" movie and that's all.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Heath Ledger + joker = WIN

/thread
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Actually, I felt that Dark Knight was a lesser experience than Begins, though both were flawed. I could enumerate the reasons, but since I seldom enjoy - well, anything - I'll just let it slide.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Jack Nickolson played the best Joker character EVAR!
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Batman movie was also great because of the females. same can be said about the xmen movies. Dont tell me too much about the last movie :D. I hate it when in other action movies females are just looking good.(they need to look good and have a desend role :D)

But i overheard it become a femine movie because of the x(men). I will never forget the old comic tune of the batman series they pwn. But wtf is this hellboy shit. Seems like ther comming alot of desend movies lately. I am looking forward fot ice age 3 i loved the 2 movies.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It was like all the other x-men movies: mediocre and rushed story

I refuse to comment on special effects nowadays, because it's all just rendered. None of this is special anymore

I have a few qarrels though:
Logans weight gain is ignored most of the time; his claws simply appeared out of nowhere, perfectly shaped and sharp like razors; he wasn't bullet proof in the other movies iirc, and why did his wife not pull her speshul trick earlier? And where's the fucking blood?
Seriously...

Then there weren't enough characters IMO, Gambit was cool but where's everyone else? Also, Xavier at the end was a fucking joke! The entire show room burst out in laughter...
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Marvel films are pretty tame in terms of blood probably to be family friendly.

Thats why i loved The Watchmen
Panda

Post by Panda »

Otherside wrote:Marvel films are pretty tame in terms of blood probably to be family friendly.

Thats why i loved The Watchmen
I bet Tokyo Gore Police beats Watchmen in terms of gore. This lady police officer lops off this guys hand for grabbing her rear and then opens an umbrella while the it's squirting everywhere and walks away saying that molestation is surely a crime.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

this movie sucked and was dumb

if that bitch can manipulate peopel by touching them, and her sister got kidnapped by that fool with NO MAGIC POWER, then why the hell wouldnt she just touch him and be like let my sister go

NOOOO she has to do all this shit, siding with the evil boss, and do all kinda shit involving faking her death to her husband that she did truly love, blah blah blah

dumb
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

that, and how does injecting someone with some freaky metal change their DNA? and even if it did, they could have just taken his fucking arm off and injected something into that, no need to create a superman. also, why create supersoldiers that you have no way of controlling? why didn't they shoot wolverine immediately after they took his DNA sample? if wolverine is basically immortal, why didn't he earn some money and start a dynasty, instead of being cannon fodder in countless wars? if the bad guys are ruthless killers, why did they fake the girls death instead of really killing her?

and how the fuck do those blades fit inside his goddamn hands?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Boirunner wrote: and how the fuck do those blades fit inside his goddamn hands?
Centurys, no aeons of masturbation can do strange things to a mans hand.. but if you want to spend the day searching plotholes in hollywood movies you will end up like a cheesecritic ranting over the holes in swiss ementaler as a ripp off on the customer.. it is somehow true, but somehow you still don┬┤t get the point.. it is a fantasy movie, it is in no need to be realistic.. dna, meteoritmetall, evil sience.. those are the todays magicwands of earlier days... only thing this show shows is that most people watching it and not ranting have absolutly no clue, taking the flawclaws in it for true.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”