how to get rid of piracy in somalia

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

http://www.norcalblogs.com/post_scripts ... vel_1.html
The cost is a bit high @ $800 per person double occupancy but I didnÔÇÖt find that offensive. What I found encouraging and enlightened is that the cruise is encouraging people to bring their ÔÇÿHigh powered weaponsÔÇÖ along on the cruise. If you donÔÇÖt have your own weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They claim to have a master gunsmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon as well as national marksmanship training. The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days). All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates. Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: how to get rid of piracy in somalia

Post by KDR_11k »

You know, I think enlisting is cheaper...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Yes, but if you enlist you have to follow orders and serve a minimum period of time... plus the chance of being able to brag about killing a real-life pirate is significantly reduced.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Considering that the boat is going to be filled up with guys who desperately want to kill a pirate, I think I'd be pretty farking terrified of my fellow passengers on such a ship. I mean, you know there are more than a few utter nutbars in that mix.

edit: now that I've read the link, including the guarantee and testimonials, it's obviously a joke.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Pxtl wrote: edit: now that I've read the link, including the guarantee and testimonials, it's obviously a joke.

O' RLY?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

This is the internet. Nothing surprises me anymore. The text you posted sounded almost feasible - albeit their "cruise" ship would be nothing more than a converted cargo ship or something.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

A Joke, i was on that ship.. it┬┤s worth the Price
They even give you the shrunken, sharkbitten head.. it┬┤s like back in the good ol colony days..
Un4chanatly, there is no European or American Boarder to defend there, so you can┬┤t disguise it as good & patriotic deed- so they tax you for crisis tourism.. ;)

PS: You know, the only boring thing is you have to wait for them.. it is a old mans travell.. if you really want adeventure, i recomend hmv-safari into IRAQ..
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Are you bored of Disney? Tired of Universal studios?

Well don't delay! Book a trip through our motherfucking mine field!

SEE! Deadly mines.
FEEL! the titanic explosion of your wif...I mean ex-wife as she steps on a mine!
HEAR! the death rattle of your kids as their blood drips from their decapatated limbs!

Order now!
Caradhras

Post by Caradhras »

lmao
tombom

Post by tombom »

It's from some conservative FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD: email, it's a joke. Worth pointing out that just killing pirates is a horrible way to fix Somalian piracy and I imagine a few of the pirates have rockets or some shit and that ship would be like welp
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

tombom wrote:It's from some conservative FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD: email, it's a joke.
yes
Worth pointing out that just killing pirates is a horrible way to fix Somalian piracy
I cant think of any better idea from that stopped piracy in history, other than pure physical application of force (brits stopped slave trade on mediterranean sea by killing every single pirate they came across with, and as result, the slave trade moved back south where they werent being shot at)

The current status is that they(international taskforce) cannot even detain the pirates in international waters, they simply take off the rifles and equipment and let the pirates go back. A pirate's job must be less risky than other real work in somalia(police?) with hundredfold pay, Thus we can expect more and more UN food aid ships being captured and ransomed per every passing year.
and I imagine a few of the pirates have rockets or some shit and that ship would be like welp
i wouldnt want to be in a 100m radius of a 50 year old RPG from USSR when firing, god knows in what shit and sand those things have been stored during their lifetime
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Un4chanatly... the Russian Equipment was built for really rough conditions... it workx, not well, but it works. They have constant civil war in somalia.. u know, so even if they don┬┤t have working air condition, food or running water, i m pretty sure there weapons work (mosttimes) if not (moisttimes) they have spare boats, spare weapons and spare humans..

Did i mention they capture illegal western weapon traders sometimes.. so at least there ukrainian tanks are as good as new.. now think about what they might have captured in Addition, which won┬┤t get into the puplic propaganda... still feel the urge for a cruise?
Hell even little Hizbollah has drones, chinese cruise missiles... hitech is difficult to develop, but not difficult to get.. and definatly getting easier to use, all the time..

Ship in the big red button..
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Hell even little Hizbollah has drones
Alledgedly, and i seriously doubt those things are on any par with say, israeli or US made drones. If anything, they have some modified RC planes from iran with cameras strapped to them
chinese cruise missiles... hitech is difficult to develop, but not difficult to get.. and definatly getting easier to use, all the time..
So youre saying that they have chinese cruise missiles? Last time i checked they couldnt even stop ethiopian armoured cars&tanks during their wars, let alone fighting any developed nation's warship.

BUT what i'd fear the most is the retaliative attacks done in say, uk/french subway systems. Its a lot easier to plant a suitcase on a busy subway than fighting against a russian cruiser
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Sleksa wrote:
Hell even little Hizbollah has drones
Alledgedly, and i seriously doubt those things are on any par with say, israeli or US made drones. If anything, they have some modified RC planes from iran with cameras strapped to them
chinese cruise missiles... hitech is difficult to develop, but not difficult to get.. and definatly getting easier to use, all the time..
So youre saying that they have chinese cruise missiles? Last time i checked they couldnt even stop ethiopian armoured cars&tanks during their wars, let alone fighting any developed nation's warship.

BUT what i'd fear the most is the retaliative attacks done in say, uk/french subway systems. Its a lot easier to plant a suitcase on a busy subway than fighting against a russian cruiser
Hizbollah has Tom "Cruize Missiles" (most destructive of ABG Weapons the Gaynessweapon ;) ) - they damaged a israeli ship with one.. so if they can get it.. why shouldn┬┤t some pirat warlord, with ransom money in its hand buy one? And now they are officially holy warriors, they only need a boat, a fully trained suicidesquad and have a go for it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

EPIC WIN!!!!!
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

nuke somalia
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

The Internetz*, peopl coming together to solve Problems one alone can┬┤t handle...

... nuke them from orbit. :shock:

We could go for social help, food aid, weapon delivery, everything the west has tried as its best for the last 70 years.. three fucking generations.. wich resulted into ... ;)

.. maybee the plan b - nuke everything isn┬┤t that bad after all. Defcon, anyone ever played Africa in it?

*it is still a great thing, if you think that all thos retards are kept out of politics, debates and public in general. i demand more bandwith to solve the worlds problems..
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

[TS]Lollocide wrote:..decapatated limbs!
Seriously? :lol:
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Otherside wrote:nuke somalia
Fuck that shit, nukes cost money.
smoth

Post by smoth »

feed them a bunch of rice then give them water... .yay

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”