Add zooming in the minimap?

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Sometimes the maps are so big, that you dont care about every part of the map at that moment, and you would like to see it closer.

The problem comes when the maps arent squares, so there should be some box you can resize, and the minimap wont get any larger than that box.

I made this kind of minimap zooming in my own game which uses large maps, and its a good feature. Though, it doesnt have that resizeable box...
Ashnal

Re: Add zooming in the minimap?

Post by Ashnal »

IceUI with satirik's fork has a resizable box that the minimap will always be sized to fit into. No zooming though.

I'm guessing you don't want to use IceUI though, so maybe you should ask regret to do it in LolUI.

What also might be cool is to do what some RTS do and have a mini window that you can set to keep an eye on any unit you wish.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

This would be really awesome.

Maybe support for multiple mini maps too, something you could use to keep an eye on a couple different different fronts or maybe on your allies to make sure they are doing alright.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

luckywaldo7 wrote:This would be really awesome.

Maybe support for multiple mini maps too, something you could use to keep an eye on a couple different different fronts or maybe on your allies to make sure they are doing alright.
i thought so too
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

I would like to request, in general, the ability to use lua to create new "windows" that allow you to render and control different parts of the battle in self contained areas.
Raghna

Post by Raghna »

REVENGE wrote:I would like to request, in general, the ability to use lua to create new "windows" that allow you to render and control different parts of the battle in self contained areas.
EXACTLY!

Would make mulitasking so OP and that's just what you want.
Some support for dualscreen would be lovely too...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

would be cool indeed, handling two bases at opposite sides of the map becomes quite hard at some point...

Return to “Feature Requests”