/stopreplay

/stopreplay

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

/stopreplay

Post by TradeMark »

It would be cool to stop the replay reading, so i can make /cheat and /godmode and continue playing from that moment, ive done that few times when i watched replay which crashed, so i tested could i have done what i was doing before crash =D

I could do that now if i just cut the replay file, but thats just, you know...
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Re: /stopreplay

Post by Auswaschbar »

Pause does not work for you?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

uhm?

i want to stop the replay file reader, so i can do whatever i want in the game =)

and yes, the real pause button doesnt work sometimes... idk why, or was it fixed already :o
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

You mean you want to be able to play in actual replays?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Either that or he is going to considerable lengths to describe some other desire inaccurately.
Jish

Post by Jish »

what happens when u start playing? the other players become bots or just go idle?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yes Jaz, thats already possible. just that the replay must have been ENDED, which why i need this /stopreplay which would stop reading the replay file, like acting that the replay was ended.

And yes, the players becomes EmptyAI which only attacks you if you go near them...

This is what i did once:
1) i was playing.
2) game crashed just before i sent my bombers into enemy.
3) i watched the replay to see if i could have succeed in my attack.
4) the replay stopped at that moment where i crashed, but units didnt stop, it continued the game simulation, except there were no commands given from players anymore.
5) i continued playing the replay myself, attacked the enemy with my bombers, and yes, i could have fucked them up completely 8)

So, if we had /stopreplay command, i could do this trick any time i want, and check if i could do something better than the player there was doing =D or test which attack would have been better... though, its not the same since theres no players anymore, but if it is fast attack, air etc, then it doesnt really matter was the player there or not...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Jish wrote:what happens when u start playing? the other players become bots or just go idle?
Logically they'd go idle with their last standing orders.

Honestly, this sounds like a good feature, if it's as simple to implement as it sounds (just stop the replay and let the game continue).
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

currently replays are rerecorded (IIRC), so if you quit and then play the locally created demo, you should have it aborted in the point you want. clunky, but should work.
lurker

Post by lurker »

There should be a command to enable you to give orders during a replay. You can already ruin a replay by turning /cheat on and off at the wrong times.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

As in, if the users in the demo did e.g. /give corkrog while /cheat was off, and then while replaying it suddenly works if you have turned /cheat on while replaying?

Or does /cheat itself influence the simulation? (That would be bad IMO, if that is the case, but I can't imagine how it could do so.)
lurker

Post by lurker »

That probably is true; I have no idea. But I was viewing a replay where someone /cheat /gave a com at the start, and running /cheat myself blocked that and utterly ruined the game.

Return to “Feature Requests”