Requests!

Requests!

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

MidKnight

Requests!

Post by MidKnight »

What would you like to see more in CA?

This is not:
- A bug report thread
- A flamewar thread.
- A massive idea proposal thread (that deserves its own separate thread :wink: )

This is:
- A "bug MK for a new model for unit X" thread.
- A thread for your smaller idea proposals.
- A "I saw unit X used and it was awesome! can we have more gameplay dynamics like that?" thread.

now, post! :P
Regret

Re: Requests!

Post by Regret »

Bombers that can be controlled after they drop their bombs.
Gota

Post by Gota »

over the board reduction in how much damage units/turrets do.
less protruding visual effects.
complete removal of the making metal out of energy system(no metal makers and no overdrive).
only make e when you need e and figure out a different way of getting more resource income with time...
ideas about new and simple eco system.
#1:allow to upgrade mexes for great benefit but also power consumption.
#2:allow commanders to have extensive eco upgrades.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Gota wrote:#1:allow to upgrade mexes for great benefit but also power consumption.
That's called making metal out of energy.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Regret wrote:Bombers that can be controlled after they drop their bombs.
+1

This is really annoying and I opposed it from the start.
MidKnight

The thread iss aliiive!

Post by MidKnight »

@Bombers: Why isn't it possible now? Lua issues? Odd philosophy?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

It is possible .. so answer is lazyness!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

MidKnight wrote:What would you like to see more in CA?
Players.
Gota

Post by Gota »

lurker wrote:
Gota wrote:#1:allow to upgrade mexes for great benefit but also power consumption.
yeah it will cost e to upgrade them but5 after wards they wont function as metal makers...they can take a bit of e per tick for the sake of "realism" but not amounts that would matter,like t1 mexes in BA.
and anyway u can only build one per metal spot.
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

Gota wrote:yeah it will cost e to upgrade them but5 after wards they wont function as metal makers...they can take a bit of e per tick for the sake of "realism" but not amounts that would matter,like t1 mexes in BA.
Why have a large jump in economy? Whats wrong with the smooth growth curve of overdrive?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Gota wrote:
lurker wrote:
yeah it will cost e to upgrade them but5 after wards they wont function as metal makers...they can take a bit of e per tick for the sake of "realism" but not amounts that would matter,like t1 mexes in BA.
This way E economy growth is the rate of rate of change in M income. That's too much exponentialness. With excess E creating extra M income the E is still raidable.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

CA economy and overdrive is fine i dont see any reason to revert to an exponential system.

And no1 apart from gota really has any problems with overdrive
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

cut some widgets out (my ingame widget list in ca is a way tooooooo long)
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

manolo_ wrote:cut some widgets out (my ingame widget list in ca is a way tooooooo long)
IceUI has a wonderful widget list that sorts the list by categories (and the list is resizeable of course). If IceUI hurts your FPS, request someone make a standalone widget list override.
lurker

Post by lurker »

CarRepairer wrote:request someone.
Yep.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Funny. Anyway, a new gui will be in the works, including a new widget list window (I'll do it if no one else wants to). So no need to request. Hurry jK, serve us some Chili!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Is there a hotkey for the jump button? How do I bind one.

If there isn't, that's my request.

edit: this is more of an "idea" than a request... I think the Behemoth geo-capping is an underrated gameplay aspect. I'm sad that it was removed in the last version of CA - the "build behemoth anywhere" isn't as much fun.

Here's my thought instead:
1) You build a Geotherm Powerplant
2) Geotherm can morph into other buildings. Each building is equivalent value to Geotherm Powerplant, so morphing is only costing you time (thus preserving CA's unified resource concept). Obviously, all the Geotherm units would need to be rebalanced such that they are of equivalent value. This would be better if there were some other Geotherm units, though - the Behe and Prude really aren't enough to justify the complexity.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Pxtl wrote:Is there a hotkey for the jump button? How do I bind one.
Did you already try to bind to "jump" ?
Pxtl wrote:This would be better if there were some other Geotherm units, though - the Behe and Prude really aren't enough to justify the complexity.
There are! Poor Kettle gets no love. It's a geo that is currently using behemoth's model, but instead of plasma it has a high powered anti-raider steam weapon that behaves like flame weapons only stronger and with more range. While firing steam it doesn't produce energy. You can morph to it.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

unbind any+j mouse2

bind any+j jump

in uikeys.txt

This unbinds the little crosshair thing that makes you move the camera when you move the mouse from j (which you can access via middle mouse button anyway) and replaces it with jump.

This is hidden somewhere in this page: http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/CustomKeys
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Yeah, got it now. Found out that hacking the UIKeys.txt file in Vista/UAC is a huuuuuuuge pain in the ass. If you open it with vanilla notepad, you can't save. If you open it with Notepad++, it goes to the Virtualstore (which can be confusing when you want to edit it a second time).

You have to open Notepad as Admin, and then edit the uikeys.txt file, and make sure a Virtualstore version doesn't exist.

I'm tempted to whip up a key-configger program (my C++ is too rusty to contribute to SpringLobby).

Return to “Zero-K”