Sabaton

Sabaton

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Sabaton

Post by Snipawolf »

Sitting here and doing these essays on viruses, I noticed something. Sabaton's recent album is amazing. The progressive metal orchestral feel to it keeps it feeling fresh every time I listen to it, though the chills have left, the lyrics and instrumentals are still amazing. Despite the content being the same used in oh-so-many games and songs over these last ten or fifteen years, their presentation is magnificent. It actually feels like the music was shaped for the vocalist, not the other way around, which sounds like the case with half of the bands out there. Not to mention, they have a song about the 7th Panzer Division, which was headed by Erwin Rommel. Thus, my favorite armed group ever along with my favorite leader ever. I'm still torn between Ghost Division and Panzerkampf. I just can't decide which is best.

Panzerkampf

Ghost Division

40-1

The Art of War
knorke

Re: Sabaton

Post by knorke »

DEATH IN THE SHAPE OF A PANZER BATTALION!
smoth

Post by smoth »

there is a great 08th ms team video to panzer batalion.. I like "light in the dark" a lot.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

TALVISOTA!!!
Day

Post by Day »

PREPARE FOR NUCLEAR ATTACK!!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Snipawolf wrote:It actually feels like the music was shaped for the vocalist, not the other way around, which sounds like the case with half of the bands out there.
A good band should be able to syncronize with the vocalist and follow the vocalist's lead. After all, the vocalist is usually the center of attention on the stage.
monkerl

Post by monkerl »

go for ghost division, its so damn good :P listening to it all the time. The next best song in my opinion is 40 to 1 just for the line "always remember fathers and sons at war"

well they are great thats all there is to say
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

Oh wow, kick ass music. Ghost division made me dig up SPWAW and fight for the reich once more. :P
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

tombom

Post by tombom »

Game music is like Top 40 music for nerds.
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

wut

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”