New lobby crashes - Page 3

New lobby crashes

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vabor

Re: New lobby crashes

Post by Vabor »

If the lobby isn't in Java runtime then someone needs to correct the Spring page on Wikipedia. Just saying.

Oh, and Lurker, I need ALL the files from the lobby. It wont work with just the exe..
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Brain Damage and I are teaming up to track down all the issues he can't reproduce. We're hoping to get Spring Lobby working damn well on Vista / Windows 7 real soon now.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

the solution for main reported lobby quirks is just deleting:

c:\users\yourusername\app data\local\springsettings.cfg

should bring back to work both tasclient and springlobby
BAMOFO

Post by BAMOFO »

Ok, well I posted a comment about a blank "Incorrect/Missing content:" box, showing only an exclamation mark inside a warning triangle. But now at home, before that problem (which I can recreate by using the "spring" application alone) I get this
tab.jpg
tab.jpg (18.3 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
after pressing host in the "Host new battle" window.
Any ideas?
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Are you another windows 64bit user? Spring Lobby don't like you. Thats all.
BAMOFO

Post by BAMOFO »

haha yup, I am. And I figured that out. It used to work before that new lobby business, but seriously, what's up? Any fixes for it or in the works?
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I think you are in the minority, so unless you contact the developer of springlobby, it will likely go un-noticed, as it has been so far and I have ignored spring for some time.
Vabor

Post by Vabor »

There are a bunch of lobby's aren't there? One of them is bound to work right? And lurker, Im still waiting for the rest of that old lobby. Its not working with just the exe.
BAMOFO

Post by BAMOFO »

OK Well thank you to who ever fixed up the New Lobby, it works now at my school (Vista 32), but still having issues at my house (Vista 64). Just As well now. I have been wanting to try a project with spring, so I can just do what I need to do at school :). Thanks again for the improvements, but I hope it will work on Vista 64 too soon.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Vabor, did you delete the lobby folder in spring and reinstall? If you did I'll take the time to make you a fresh zip of files.

BAMOFO, it works on a lot of vista 64 :?
BAMOFO

Post by BAMOFO »

not at my house anyway, um, if I can remember, I was trying a test game in the lobby, tried to add a bot, but it said no AI bots found, yet if I tried the Spring application, the bots are there, and game ran. Tried a complete uninstall and delete all other associated folders, such as found in c:\ users\ etc. whatever it is. and reinstall and still the same problem. At least with the new lobby.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

viewtopic.php?p=334446#p334446 ?

Return to “Help & Bugs”