[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81 - Page 13

[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Wingflier

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Post by Wingflier »

I think rather than giving the Freaker the ability to build vehicles, the Consul just shouldn't be able to build kbots.

I mean going kbots already has its fine share of disadvantages for Arm, the Consul being able to build the Zeus is just like adding insult to injury.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Kbots are fine, get used to it newbs.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Calling everyone a newb because they disagree with your point of view and not even justifying your own point of view is not a particularly useful contribution to a debate.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Justification for my point of view that all of you whining about kbots are newbs: You play like shit.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

raised some fair enough points though:

why does kbot con suck but cost virtually the same?

why are kbot e-costs so high?

thuds are still not that useful late t1, less useful than stumpys by great deal
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Imo it's kinda "useless" to discuss the K-Bot topic yet again as it came up for numerous times and it has become obvious that K-Bots should be the way they are by intent. At the same time you have to admit that K-Bots in BA currently are worse than vehicles in like 90% of all situations which shouldn't be imo...

I think the most striking thing here especially are T1 K-Bots and I won't focus so much on how strong you have to rate that "can go uphill advantage". We simply have the case that T1 K-Bots simply suck as they miss tons of possibilities you have for vehicles and are weaker in lots of aspects. They have no artillery (plus the AA cannot shoot ground), they have no minelayer, they have nothing "similar" to an amphibic constructor, the amphibic tanks with their maxslope kinda nullify the "uphill advantage" in a lot of situations and the constructors are very slow making fast conquering of mex spots very hard (especially as once again amphibic vehicle cons can get pretty much everywhere too). With Jethro / Crasher changes we now have a first step of giving T1 K-Bots some appeal but still vehicles are not simply better in terms of stats but simply can do more. That's why you imo can say it as a fact that K-Bots in general are weaker than vehicles although it's no difference that makes them entirely useless as some people try to argue. They simply are inferior in lots of aspects and you cannot ignore that but still the current balance at least gives you a (small) chance to be adequate against someone who went for vehicles which especially is about K-Bots being more efficently microed and T2 K-Bots not being that much of like T1s are...
Regret

Post by Regret »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:why does kbot con suck but cost virtually the same?
It has less hp, same build power, costs less, is slower (3/4 speed of veh con), can go where veh con cant. It does not suck, it's different.
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:why are kbot e-costs so high?
Their metal costs are much lower than veh costs. Example: you can make 3 AKs for the same cost (+200e) as a gator.
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:thuds are still not that useful late t1, less useful than stumpys by great deal
Thud is about 65% the cost of a stumpy.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Regret wrote:Thud is about 65% the cost of a stumpy.
what about the other stats as well?

http://modinfo.adune.nl/?act=editmultip ... mp+corthud

thud DPS = 59.43
stumpy DPS = 81.51

buildcostmetal: -34.3%
buildcostenergy: -39.2%
buildtime: -32.1%
maxdamage: -41.2%

thud a bit shittier in the cost vs HP, so... thud is shittier no matter what, unless its hilly terrain

DPS difference is high... so never build thuds unless youre on a hill...
Last edited by TradeMark on 18 Feb 2009, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

how about giving thud a bit of AOE, say 50 or sth. Now that could help them in a distinct way (but they could also hurt friendy units ofc.. drawback)

Safe bet is to increase DPS and health a bit.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

TradeMark wrote:buildcostmetal: -34.3%
buildcostenergy: -39.2%
buildtime: -32.1%
maxdamage: -41.2%
maxvelocity: -48.3%
dps: ~ -27%
aoe: -25%
range: + ~8%

IMHO, there's cost reduction in order. or some stats beefing, e.g. range or speed.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

ginekolog wrote:how about giving thud a bit of AOE, say 50 or sth. Now that could help them in a distinct way (but they could also hurt friendy units ofc.. drawback)

Safe bet is to increase DPS and health a bit.
iirc, the thud's AOE is actually like half of the tanks, so that might be a good thought.

Personally, though, I'd probably just do a 10% nerf of all the L1 combat tanks, but I'm a dick that way.

Really, though, I like what CA did with the Arm kbots. They swapped the roles of the Hammer and Storm, making the Storm into a close-combat assault kbot and the Hammer into a fire-support kbot. That's a better role for the unit with the arcing weapons - you can stick them up on hills and they can use the altitude-range-boost to cause some serious mayhem.
Wingflier

Post by Wingflier »

Regret wrote:Justification for my point of view that all of you whining about kbots are newbs: You play like shit.
Regret, it is painfully obvious how good you think you are at this game.

The sad truth is that you are extremely arrogant and have no right to treat people the way you do.

Let me spell it out: You are not as good as you think you are.

For the most part, your victories rely on shady tactics which are highly debated as a significant exploit of the actual game itself.

When you aren't com napping and com bombing (hardly ever), you are little better than an average person who has played the thousands of hours you have.

You really need to quit being such a self-centered elitist and start making constructive comments in the thread, not insulting the people that are.

Wing
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wingflier wrote:
Regret wrote:significant exploit of the actual game itself.
You must be new to Spring. Welcome!
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1780

BA with a "no comnapping" mod option disabling allies and ennemies comnapping (disabled by default)
Regret

Post by Regret »

Wingflier wrote:Regret, it is painfully obvious how good you think you are at this game.

The sad truth is that you are extremely arrogant and have no right to treat people the way you do.

Let me spell it out: You are not as good as you think you are.

For the most part, your victories rely on shady tactics which are highly debated as a significant exploit of the actual game itself.

When you aren't com napping and com bombing (hardly ever), you are little better than an average person who has played the thousands of hours you have.

You really need to quit being such a self-centered elitist and start making constructive comments in the thread, not insulting the people that are.

Wing
I'm sorry, I couldn't read what you wrote here, I was busy admiring my awesome avatar.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Satirik wrote:http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1780

BA with a "no comnapping" mod option disabling allies and ennemies comnapping (disabled by default)
Is this official, or did BA just get hijacked again?
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Pxtl wrote:

it's not official ... but it's just an option
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Satirik wrote:
Pxtl wrote:

it's not official ... but it's just an option
There's nothing wrong with com napping. It's com bombing that gets people rawry.
smoth

Post by smoth »

com bombing has existed since OTA.

That isn't an exploit. It is just part of the game, sometimes it isn't a fun thing to have happen. Other times it is useless.

Just let it go wingflyer.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

sorry but imo is rude to use version 6.82 without consulting with noize.. u should use 6.81 enhanced or sth just not new ver.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”