Getting pissed. - Page 6

Getting pissed.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ZellSF

Re: Getting pissed.

Post by ZellSF »

Well considering the players Regret usually does this against (the kind of players who manage to die to comdrop 20 minutes into the game) then he can play retarded and still win. So it's not unlikely that he does it. Can't really find any replays with Regret in them atm.

Killing 7 microed flashes still isn't easy. Besides, if Regret's team has an air player maybe your team should have one too.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

He doesn't always play noobs btw, he plays well against pros too.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

regret is so e-famous!

how about a widget for nubs that pops up with a warning if he's in the game...

"build some AA or you with be filled with regret" :mrgreen:
Regret

Post by Regret »

Wingflier wrote:<<INSERT EVERYTHING YOU WROTE>>
Wingflier wrote:While you may feel strongly about this, you have to keep in mind that this is just your opinion.
Wingflier

Post by Wingflier »

Regret, we all realize that you're getting pissed because you're favorite cheap and unfair tactic is getting examined and hopefully remedied.

Maybe you Regret exploiting it so much, and instead only using it in dire situations where you knew you would have otherwise lost.

Instead it's pretty much expected from you anymore, and people still can't stop it. That should say something.

Also, maybe you don't know about how the scientific method works.

But here in America, we like to refer to a little thing called evidence.

And evidence we have my dear friend, and plenty of it. With your cheap ass comm bombing tactics, I, and many others have replays of you not only defeating bad players, but pros too.

I'm afraid that the evidence that your strategy is easily counterable, is very slim. Nonexistent even.

Therefore, our feelings about this are no longer opinions. But facts.
Regret wrote: Funny thing is that it almost always works :D
And there it is, straight out of the horse's mouth.

Wing
If he gets anywhere near your T2 base with a com you're doing something seriously wrong.
I guess you'll have to tell that to some of the more experienced players from the [Pink] and [RoX] clan who I have seen, on more than one occasion with Regret Dgunning their base. I guess they are noobs too.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Wingflier wrote:Regret, we all realize that you're getting pissed because you're favorite cheap and unfair tactic is getting examined and hopefully remedied.
Quite the contrary, I enjoy reading stories about how much I make people rage :)
Wingflier wrote:Maybe you Regret exploiting it so much, and instead only using it in dire situations where you knew you would have otherwise lost.
I Regret, regret that not!
Wingflier wrote:Instead it's pretty much expected from you anymore, and people still can't stop it. That should say something.
It says that I am skilled and they are idiots.
Wingflier wrote:Also, maybe you don't know about how the scientific method works.

But here in America, we like to refer to a little thing called evidence.

And evidence we have my dear friend, and plenty of it. With your cheap ass comm bombing tactics, I, and many others have replays of you not only defeating bad players, but pros too.
Oh shit I defeated pros and bad players, this further supports earlier statement: I rule.
Wingflier wrote:I'm afraid that the evidence that your strategy is easily counterable, is very slim. Nonexistent even.

Therefore, our feelings about this are no longer opinions. But facts.
Firstly, lack of evidence doesn't make your opinion a fact.

Secondly, I totally agree that the evidence suggests that I indeed am incredibly good at executing said strategy and that only a small portion of people can even begin to counter my levels of awesome.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'm tempted to go mess with BA long enough to see how long it takes to execute this strat, vs. just rushing the other guy out with whatever's fast, cheap and armed today.

My guess is that if you lose to this tactic, you just suck. He just gave you his commander! Who cares what he killed in exchange!

Unless you're really stupid, your commander is still alive, or your base is intact, and his is a steaming pile of slag, because rushing this attack is a very horrible trade of resources. Quit trying to "defend" against it, it's a gimmick tactic that should be countered with aggressive play, so that even if he does this, it's a total waste of time. The only way I can see this being OP is if the costs for going Air early have radically changed since the last time I played BA.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Wingflier wrote:I'm afraid that the evidence that your strategy is easily counterable, is very slim. Nonexistent even.
Even pros not making enough AA doesn't mean they can't easily make enough AA.

IN AMERICA
Wingflier

Post by Wingflier »

The pros had AA. As I've explained before (500 times), you can simply pick up a mobile jammer with your commander and land just outside of range of said "AA". Walk in and dgun it, the rest of the base, and fly away.

Do you really need replays of this?

This concept is really easy to understand, in America.
Regret wrote:Firstly, lack of evidence doesn't make your opinion a fact.
Wingflier wrote:And evidence we have my dear friend, and plenty of it. With your cheap ass comm bombing tactics, I, and many others have replays of you not only defeating bad players, but pros too.
Maybe you should spend less time working on your l33t commbombing skills and more time learning how to read.

Wing
lurker

Post by lurker »

AA and the requisite two llts, then. If one side has done a two lab shuffle to have a jammer, the other than afford a couple llts... wait, don't jammers shut off when in transports? That means you still know he's coming.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

If you were smart about it, you could fly your jammer and comm to a point, drop them off quick and then continue to fly the transports into the enemy base as if to commnap, at worst you just lost two trans, at best...free commander anyone?
Day

Post by Day »

Lol @ link to that game, so harsh.
He got lucky and he knows it!
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Seriously dudes. This tactic is a: really easily counter-able (at a cost of some AA ofc, which is a problem when you play 2v2 vs someone and regret and cant be sure if that someone talked regret out of doing his drops or not), and b: not so easy to do.
I seen lot of noobs trying that and failing. Most notably Tired, once (he also airlifted his whole team)

You must dgun more than 2500M worth of stuff, when you drop. That is not easy, unless its late game (and then you really should have AA). Commander is just a unit. Very powerful unit, yes, but hard to control.
Last edited by dizekat on 28 Jan 2009, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

Wingflier wrote: Show me one replay where Regret's little tactic didn't work and I'll be impressed. I can show you at least 3 where it did.

Wing
I have seen two or three games where the tactic was not effective, once he /took a spare commander at the start of an 8v8 dsd and destroyed a few bases, then ended up giving away both commanders metal, he left and his team lost.
Next game I got his commander/atlas with a fighter.

It's effective on 5v5 games because the lack of AA, or just one gap the teams AA and you can fly around behind AA then go through bases dgunning.
You can also just go for the person that is techrushing, because they will have no defences and no commander (and a small/expensive base).

The best way to stop it is to do it yourself, get storage, atlas, conplanes. As soon as you see him land, go bomb him and reclaim it all, rush t2.
Making enough AA to prevent it is a better solution, but it's not possible to order your team mates to do it too.

It is an effective tactic IMO, and easier than you think to execute.

(I will find the replays if you want)
edit: found the replays.
First one, he /took a spare comm, rushed t2 air, used dragon fly to take a tour with commander and dgun some bases.
He got close to my base, EMPd my atlas carrying my commander but I CTRL+d'd it before he captured it, so I got his 2.5k metal + my metal.
The tactic kinda "worked" but was not effective on a large game. He left and his team lost.
http://replays.adune.nl/?724

Second one the [fi] people stacked pullapitko and regret on same team with them (took them ages to turn off autobalance).
Got him with a fighter.
http://replays.adune.nl/?723
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

dizekat wrote: You must dgun more than 2500M worth of stuff, when you drop. That is not easy, unless its late game (and then you really should have AA). Commander is just a unit. Very powerful unit, yes, but hard to control.
Not true, I've done it (and seen regret do it) where you fly in, dgun lab, fly out back to your own base safely.
Can do it pretty easily on the front positions on DSD, just gotta make sure you get the LLT down quick. Their commander will be half way on the long run to the frontline, so no defenses other than 2 LLT and *maybe* a few flashers that are also on their way to frontline.

Even if you only kill the lab and end up giving away 2500M, you just killed one persons production and will make them easier to kill on the ground etc.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

YHCIR wrote:Not true, I've done it (and seen regret do it) where you fly in, dgun lab, fly out back to your own base safely.
:D the funnest situation is when you see a com flying in towards your base, you ask for a quick atlas and go dgun the droppers base... Usually happens to me on tabula...

And yes, if you are quick you may even get 2-3 bases (on dsd) and fly away. Usually v noobs tbh.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Wingflier wrote:you can simply pick up a mobile jammer with your commander and land just outside of range of said "AA".
I have never in the whole time I play BA done that. Also I'm pretty sure radars/jammers inside transports do not work at all.

Wingflier wrote:Maybe you should spend less time working on your l33t commbombing skills and more time learning how to read.
You took my quote out of context and then claim I fail at reading?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

I usually play front on DSD, I usually stop that tactic with flash. Yeah I know it isn't proof that it's a counter that will always work, but there really isn't much proof that Regret's tactic always works either.

A counter that should more or less always work though, is having an air player on your side.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

This thread is the best laugh I've had in a while.

Regret, please keep it up. I wish I had your talent for exposing stupidity. :wink:

To those who believe ba is flawed and Regret is the single genius able to exploit it, HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL
pintle

Post by pintle »

Where is Sleksa when you need him?

Return to “General Discussion”