Bug spotting

Bug spotting

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Benito

Bug spotting

Post by Benito »

I'm back! Sorry, been kinda busy of late. Just downloaded the latest version of spring (version 16-12-2004 with 25-12-2004 spring.exe) to test. Looking very good, left a two player game running all afternoon and very stable so far. Spotted the following bugs:
  • The arm and core flakkers shoot at ground troops.
  • When positioning the Big Bertha in order to build it (i.e. just before you click a position to build it on), it displays a transparent bertha with the flare still visible (screenshot available).
  • If you build a row of dragons teeth (or other buildings) and the constructor that is building them all is standing on the spot where it needs to build the next dragon tooth, it will cancel building it (instead of moving off the spot and continue building).
  • If you fire the commander's D-gun at the ground, the sound effect of it chewing up the ground is very loud. I think it is trying to repeat the sound too many times, causing some major distortion.
  • When you build a solar plant it opens up, but the on/off button in its gui remains set to off. You need to then click it twice to close it. Also when closed/off it still produces energy, so its never really off at all.
SJ

Post by SJ »

# he arm and core flakkers shoot at ground troops.

this is due to xta

# When positioning the Big Bertha in order to build it (i.e. just before you click a position to build it on), it displays a transparent bertha with the flare still visible (screenshot available).

It displays how the unit looks before any scripts is run. Not sure how to solve it better

# If you build a row of dragons teeth (or other buildings) and the constructor that is building them all is standing on the spot where it needs to build the next dragon tooth, it will cancel building it (instead of moving off the spot and continue building).

Yes this should be fixed

# If you fire the commander's D-gun at the ground, the sound effect of it chewing up the ground is very loud. I think it is trying to repeat the sound too many times, causing some major distortion.

It plays for every mini explosion which i think it does in TA also. In spring the volume get scaled up with the damage though which make a dgun really loud. Would be better with some sort of volume tag in the weapons later.

# When you build a solar plant it opens up, but the on/off button in its gui remains set to off. You need to then click it twice to close it. Also when closed/off it still produces energy, so its never really off at all.

I will wait to fix gui bugs till Pius has the new one ready.

Return to “General Discussion”