Planetwars - Page 5

Planetwars

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: Planetwars

Post by AF »

Somehow somewhere my opinion of CA was taken and attacked. Nowhere in this thread have I commented on how I perceive the game CA, nor have I brought up any points regarding CA itself. Nor have I attacked CA.

My point is that nobody here can boast about planet wars success or lack of success, because nobody here can prove anything.

Yet somehow the people who don't want drama managed to pull it apart and find non-existent points. Perhaps a course on paranoia and how to prevent it may help.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Basic, overdrive is a way of increasing M income while making expanding still worth while. There needs to be a way to escalate or there is nothing to do when faced with a porcer. It's an investment in the future which provides strategic choice. Much like choosing when to tech to mohos in BA.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

AF wrote:You don't have anything to boast about, and it comes off as arrogant ( and people wonder why CA gets such criticism and ire ).
That doesn't sound very nice. :P
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

AF wrote:My point is that nobody here can boast about planet wars success or lack of success
please point out where anyone has done such a thing
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

core won! in your face!
Gota

Post by Gota »

Google_Frog wrote:Basic, overdrive is a way of increasing M income while making expanding still worth while. There needs to be a way to escalate or there is nothing to do when faced with a porcer. It's an investment in the future which provides strategic choice. Much like choosing when to tech to mohos in BA.
You failed to address my point and just stated what is obvious.
My point was,remove energy converting completely and adjust economy accordingly instead of adding a bizarre unintuitive system like Overdrive.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

I think the primary issue with this conversation is that people are considering Otherside's comments as the voice of the CA community/devs.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Peet wrote:I think the primary issue with this conversation is that people are considering Otherside's comments as the voice of the CA community/devs.
erm nice one peet we know you dont like me

But the other dev's have also posted dont act like im a raging fanboi its getting old and boring now.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

That wasn't a flame, merely an observation.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Peet wrote:That wasn't a flame, merely an observation.

you seem to observe alot of posts i make and make a target out of me.

Sort of like a kid trying to start a blame game and start flaming. Nice for a moderator really

Anyway ontopic.

Round 2 will start later today seeing as core just won after 178 turns.

Some new changes/additions have been made so it should be alot better
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Then don't give people a reason to make you a target.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Hoi wrote:Then don't give people a reason to make you a target.

its a long stupid carry over that people dont get overn i dont even have to say anything to get targetted i just find it highly inappropriate for moderators to point fingers
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Don't worry, it's just that peet needs to get his kicks somewhere.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

I'm not "targeting" or "pointing fingers", I'm stating that you sometimes tend to have opinions that appear to differ from the ca devs', and that it would seem that some people do not realize that.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Peet wrote:I'm not "targeting" or "pointing fingers", I'm stating that you sometimes tend to have opinions that appear to differ from the ca devs', and that it would seem that some people do not realize that.
+1

Now let's start talking about planet wars again :wink:
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Me requests:
In-Game Terraforming(MaptoMapMorphing)... your little Galaxy will be bombarded with Featurerequests as Punishment for Pure Awesomania...
Are there Stargates, you can send troops & Material to other Planets in dire need?
And can we have a Galaxy-Wide TV-Show informing over Frontmovements every day..

Are there boxed in SpecialSuperweapons to collect that allow to turnoff the sun (noSolar) + deactive Geos + or create constant Hurricans..

Surrender the Galaxy! No Man in Black to help you out this Time :P
Gota

Post by Gota »

would be cool to have planet wars for BA as well.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Gota wrote:would be cool to have planet wars for BA as well.
no, it's ca only, don't give it to ba.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Gota wrote:And yes overdrive is a bad feature.What it results in is people just making a huge queue of energy buildings and leaving it be...
This is the economic equivalent of setting your labs rally point on yuor enemy's base, queuing a stumpy and setting repeat on. It might work, but it's far from optimal.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Well sure,you'll sometimes have to shift resources to something else or switch the energy producing buiding to another one but fact is economy management is no longer fun.
So,instead of making it a limping by product of this desire to maximize combat remove it and go all the way.
Or you can add the T2 metal extractor back,remove overdrive and shift the remnants of the eco system that you have now from just queuing energy buildings to managing different types of metal extractors which has more strategy in it.Since Everything must be able to build all types of mexes make it possible to build a t2 mex on top of regular mexes without the us of an AI or any reclaming.u just select a con select a "t2" mex and place it right on the t1 mex and the con starts upgrading.Like morephing only you still preserve that managment of your construction workers that will have to walk all the way to the mex to initiate the "morphing".

It will be extremly intuitive if a player can just select a "t2" mex and place it over a T1 mex without pressing anything else,as if the t1 mex isnt there..

Return to “General Discussion”