round based mod - Page 2

round based mod

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

imbaczek

Re: round based mod

Post by imbaczek »

sorry for "whine" but i've seen your comments on melee several times and can't remember a single time you described your issues in detail. if you did, copy&paste it to mantis, if you didn't, please try to write something up if you're not feeling well enough to make a demo.
smoth

Post by smoth »

well, if you want a list I can try and do that tonight, hell maybe I can get the others to give some inputs for even better feedback?

I will see what I can do tonight. For reasons I cannot say due to client confidentiality, I am stuck at work and cannot continue on my task at hand so I can post, usually when I am at home I am laying with an icepack on my head, panda has been the main person helping me through this. Anyway, I don't know where my posts have been or if they were scattered discussions with other modders over pms or TASCLIENT.

Anyway, not to jack this thread, could you please split this, I do not want to jack this guy's thread, I really do wish him luck.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

smoth wrote:well, if you want a list I can try and do that tonight, hell maybe I can get the others to give some inputs for even better feedback?

I will see what I can do tonight. For reasons I cannot say due to client confidentiality, I am stuck at work and cannot continue on my task at hand so I can post, usually when I am at home I am laying with an icepack on my head, panda has been the main person helping me through this. Anyway, I don't know where my posts have been or if they were scattered discussions with other modders over pms or TASCLIENT.

Anyway, not to jack this thread, could you please split this, I do not want to jack this guy's thread, I really do wish him luck.
Bleh, hope you get well soon dude.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Ok, here you go.. http://cs.selu.edu/~ssmith/Movie.wmv

Now one thing I didn't show in the video is that if there are several buildings in a brick the unit will not walk around them to get at the live on and they will try to get to the center one. also notice how they can attack small things in their range fine but large things that they cannot reach center.. nope no luck and I use that targetborder dealy-io. I am really tired, windows movie maker was being a royal bitch.

Sorry if my discription was brief. Oh the animation is ass, I can do better I know. Please take a look ima(how the heck do I pronounce that dude). I have nothing left I have to sleep sorry. I will try and post more tomorrow if you need it.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

http://spring.clan-sy.com/mantis/view.php?id=1207 any progress will be reported here. i'll look into this when i have time.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

tbh i dont need meeles, to show that, look at the vid:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=duVGyR9k-ko

but i have zero skills at all to make that mod, just an idea, so i need somebody who makes modells, a map to practice and somebody for the lua. if sb wants to help and teach me, i want to learn it somehow (but as i said, i never did something like that before)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

get wings3d (google) and start practising with modeling, post a pic of your models in here and you'll learn fast.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

k, first ill try with ta-units, i could change them later
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

please no ta, use nanoblobs or something.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Use the Epic Legions models if you want. No-one's using them and no-one plays the mod, so I wouldn't mind - I'd be glad to see them used. Plus there's a few experimental melee units squirrelled away in it as well if you want to mess around with those (It's the dreadnaughts, the nurgle plague zombie and the one tyranid unit).
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

k,

i made a list of what must be possible for the game:

-the map has to be splittet in subquares (one unit per square, so i avoid problems with the melee)
-special movement, e.g. unit has 3 moves, but when he wants to go up to a higher square, he needs 2 moves, but from one square to an other (same high), it needs just 1 move
-the attributes of a unit could be changed for a number of turns
-could the nano-spray be disabled for just this mod with lua?
-could i disable some lua just within the mod (e.g res-bars)
-special damage-system (u get a bonus when u attack from a higher position)
-damagesytem with fortuitysystem (e.g. attack from the back 80%, from infront 40% chance of hitting)
-special aoe (just bind on the squares, also special for magic-spells like this:
-could i save the stuff at the end of the game on a server and load it, at the beginning of a game (e.g. if units lvl up)
-are wrecks modelled like other units (so could i give them colors?)
-what is the limit of polys for a modell (i mean, in a 1v1 shouldnt be more than 20 units, so they could have high poly-count)
-could i start a round before the game starts, e.g. for choosing ur units (just select some units from a pool of them)

btw how could i start a poll within this forum?
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

Guessmyname wrote:Use the Epic Legions models if you want. No-one's using them and no-one plays the mod, so I wouldn't mind - I'd be glad to see them used. Plus there's a few experimental melee units squirrelled away in it as well if you want to mess around with those (It's the dreadnaughts, the nurgle plague zombie and the one tyranid unit).
i loved the mod, i dont want the project to die :cry:
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

epic rez for smoth: melee/targetborder should work again in spring master - zaku2melee happily hacks gallops and hangars into pieces. please test and comment at http://spring.clan-sy.com/mantis/view.php?id=1207.

Return to “Game Development”