Someone screwed with the FAQ!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Lol it's kind of funny, it has all these penis jokes, but can someone fix it up? I'd do it myslef, but I don't remember what those questions were supposed to ask! :?
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

I reverted it to http://taspring.clan-sy.com/w/index.php ... oldid=1059 <-- that revision by 193.77.81.45 since it looked like it was the most recent one before defacing. Fnordia, you might want to ban a couple IPs now...
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Shame, those wiki vandals are also messing it up here.
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

well ... i just fear this phpbb dont get hacked again ...

but what i was going to say:

what about link wiki access to forum access (accounts) ...

or enable (add) accounts for wiki ... and disable anonymous editing ...

that not stop abuse but lower ammounts ...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You might want to check the IP's for all you knwo you've blocked an entire ISP, or it's a dynamic IP and you've just blocked an innocent user while the culprit leaves a long chain
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Why not make it so you have to have been a member for more than a month before you can edit the wiki/faq?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Well, the question that was vandalized isn't really relevent anymore anyways, since the latest version of spring I haven't seen a sync error once yet...

I don't know if the OMGVANDALBAN! sentament is really so nessicary here, unless penis humor massively offends your lifestyle or religion :roll:
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

It's more the sheer idea of someone being so bloody stupid as to feel the need to abuse something which is set up only for their use and benefit.

And I don't think the word "humour" and what occurred could be considered in the same sentence, unless it is something along the lines of "Ah, the humour of drawing and quartering the people who vandalised the wiki".
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

"Gee, I would sure like to remove the wiki vandal's vitreous humor!"
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

FireCrack, is that an organ, or some part of the reporductive organs or something?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Thank you warlord zsinj, our lord and master. Everyone, you heard it here first. Penises and erections are in no way humourus or funny. We must band together tightly to bring the light to all the people of the world, or they will be forever doomed to laughing at potty jokes! :x
mongus

Post by mongus »

vitreous humor is not the the liquid in the ocular globe, is it?

btw, what jokes we lost? have not been at the wiki for long..

e: the faq was so screwed anyway, and old.. (somehow misleadind, better shutup or i should fix it...).
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I dont see anything really funny or embarrising about penis jokes. I just cringe at the thought that some one can actualy laugh at something so pathetic.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/w/index.php ... oldid=1065

They are kinda funny really, i speacily liked these:

''
===Sometimes when I play with certain people I get a HUGE erection that continues throughout the game.===

It used to be because they have a different mod installed than you. If, for example, you had not installed a mod, and somebody was in the game with you that had the OTA mod installed, it would cause the large erection error. However, now those errors should show up as a bulge in your pants.''

and

''===What is with this weird right-click mode? I'm 'bout to break my keyboard.===

Sorry, you'll just have to get used to it. As of now it can't be changed. Sorry, you'll just have to get used to it. As of now it can't be changed.
-
- IT IS REALLY LAME THAT WE CAN MAKE SUCH A COOL GAME SUCK BECAUSE WE ARE TOo LAZY TO CHANGE THE MOUSE BUTTON''

:lol: :lol:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ah, making users wait a month wouldnt work that way as the wiki usernames and forum usernames are totally seperate. Though maybe guests shouldnt be able to edit, and members requrie to verify themselves by email.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

My guess is that this was done to force people into updating the FAQ
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Zoombie wrote:I dont see anything really funny or embarrising about penis jokes. I just cringe at the thought that some one can actualy laugh at something so pathetic.
It's not that I found the jokes exeptionally ammusing, it's just that I recognize it as an attempt at humor so I'm not willing to rack up the author for his crimes against humanity.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Swiftspear, you added the penis jokes didn't ya?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:Swiftspear, you added the penis jokes didn't ya?
Nope. That IP isn't canadian.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Yeah... vandalising a wiki is why people like me (who has been on vacation for the past 4 days) usually check the changes daily... it's just one more thing to keep up with... and yes the FAQ needed updating too. I wouldn't worry about this kind of thing, people tend to notice it pretty quick and fix it, and wiki is about freedom of expression.

My problem with these jokes is that they prevent people from acctually getting answers to their questions and figuring out how to play the game.

Return to “General Discussion”