Supreme commander 2

Supreme commander 2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sleksa

Supreme commander 2

Post by Sleksa »

http://www.gamereplays.org/supremecomma ... 23056&home

according to this, Square enix(final fantasy-series) is going to work together with chris taylor for supreme commander 2

sounds weird to have a company who's famous for its RPG games work with gas powered games to make the next supcom
LOS ANGELES (November 12, 2008) &mdash Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America (Square Enix), and development house Gas Powered Games Corp., (Gas Powered Games) announced today that they have formed a strategic partnership. With the commencement of this strategic partnership, development has begun on SUPREME COMMANDER® 2, a sequel to the award-winning real-time strategy series.
tombom

Re: Supreme commander 2

Post by tombom »

wtf

seriously
Falcrum

Post by Falcrum »

<jupi> :)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Well, I see a few possibilities.
1) Supreme Commander with a plot.
2) Supreme Commander with a plot, and a small stack of "hero" units whose stats persist between missions, a-la Warlords Battlecry.
3) Supreme Warcraft 3.

Remember that CT worked on the Dungeon Siege series.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Good Steampunk RTS?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

If this doesn't win, I'm going to kill a kitten.

GOTA'S KITTEN.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I hope they don't beef up the system requirements, they should use the same engine, optimize it some more etc etc.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

instead of dguns coms will summon Aeons :p
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Great Number on CharSheet meat GreatNumber on ZoomedOutMap to Mulitply into Love of Live ? ;)

Guess the Surprise... it will be Kingdoms Reborn - and it will fail. That GasPowered asked Square only shows how "nothing-to-loose"mood can make weird connections
Gota

Post by Gota »

Another gay title.
It wont out do spring.
5/10 on Gota scale at best
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

mediocre?

Hmm, dunno, hope they'll make it something good and new instead of just more of the same.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

im picturing having to pay 30 bucks a month to play online... keep the same base and tech up it up for months and months... perform the same "missions" over and over again to gain xp a la diablo... and super dumbed down tactics and controls for porting to consoles! sounds like fun :mrgreen:

nah it could be good, who knows... nice to see a big money RTS coming out other than SC3.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

My SRPG senses are tingling
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Chris Taylor, the designer of Supreme Commander, has previously said that current hardware is too limited for his vision of Supcom 2
WTF - even more performance consumption for a title that doesn't really run fluent on today's hardware?

I'd sure like another SupCom (not that there would be much like it anyway it would have to stand against and no - Starcraft II doesn't belong to this list). I'd just like it to be more "complete" than SupCom. In the end we have 4 nearly identical factions with different Experimentals and some advantages (imo it's like UEF=slightly better air, Aeon=slightly better sea, Cybran=slightly better ground units). With FA we then got the imo superfluous Seraphim race which was a waste of work imho. Not only that they changed the race concept from some kind of greenish aliens (-> Intro) to Cyber-Apes speaking jabberish but you also got an entirely new faction with even more units which have to find some room in your computer's memory. Instead of doing that I'd have prefered if they finally filled the gaps in the Tech-Trees like some T3 mobile ground-AA, some underwater buildings etc. - pretty much what the Core Contingency did to TA...

Story-wise SupCom imo was ok - the focus is on the gameplay just like TA and in comparison SupCom really has a way better story. The FA continuation was ok too although the ending really was the lamest thing they could possibly come up with...

So yeah - why not another one? I'd either switch or change the "universe" a bit to have less races which on a wide scale just have different looks for their units...
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

I hope this game will work on it's system improvements because the FA lags badly.
Also I am betting 2 dollars that QUAI will start working again with a new faction on board. :-)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Pxtl wrote:Well, I see a few possibilities.
1) Supreme Commander with a plot.
2) Supreme Commander with a plot, and a small stack of "hero" units whose stats persist between missions, a-la Warlords Battlecry.
3) Supreme Warcraft 3.
4) Lots of big spiky hair.

Remember that CT worked on the Dungeon Siege series.
Fixed.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Sleksa wrote:http://www.gamereplays.org/supremecomma ... 23056&home

according to this, Square enix(final fantasy-series) is going to work together with chris taylor for supreme commander 2

sounds weird to have a company who's famous for its RPG games work with gas powered games to make the next supcom
They make RPG games? The only Squaresoft game I ever played was Einhander.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

CarRepairer wrote:

Read again. Square ENIX.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

CarRepairer wrote:

What do you mean, apart from Final Fantasy X...
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

carp doesn't get out much :(

So, who wants to take bets on the extent to which squeenix will attempt to shoehorn this into yet another FFVII spinoff?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”