So it's official

So it's official

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

So it's official

Post by FLOZi »

:wink:
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Re: So it's official

Post by SwiftSpear »

America has aids.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

SwiftSpear wrote:America has aids.
They always have, they can now admit it publicly however and can practice safe international policy from now on.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The financial household needed a Democrat, possibly several to get out of the imbalance Bush has caused.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I wouldn't be so sure of that. You're basing it off just recent reagan, clinton and bush, ignoring the rest of history and the full picture of who has pres/cong/sen. Lies, damn lies, Statistics...

you might wanna look into something more boring like this:

tombom

Post by tombom »

lol reagan presided over some of the biggest spending increases

also wtf why does it say d was president in 2001
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I guess they count the start of the year, president assumes office the 20th january you know.

What I make out of it is pretty much a steady inevitable increase as the overall trend, nomatter what party.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Zpock wrote:I guess they count the start of the year, president assumes office the 20th january you know.
you're completely right of course, i had thought of that but i didn't apply it properly
What I make out of it is pretty much a steady inevitable increase as the overall trend, nomatter what party.
yes, but reagan has the biggest single year increases
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Have you checked the whole diagram, and esp the first 20 year part of it?
tombom

Post by tombom »

Zpock wrote:Have you checked the whole diagram, and esp the first 20 year part of it?
i don't care about facts, i just hate reagan
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Spending is only one half of the balance sheet though, it seems to me that Republicans tend to lower taxes/not raise them without decreasing spending. Obviously lower taxes go over well with the people but the problem is that the govt's money doesn't materialize out of thin air (or at least without ruining the rest of the economy) and what goes out has to go in at some point and that graph you show doesn't have much reduction to spending with either party, just different rates of increase. If the spending increases but the taxes rise to match the budget is still balanced, if the spending stays the same but taxes go down the balance becomes tilted in the wrong direction.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The diagrams flawed, if only because one tracks national debt and one tracks spending, they're not comparable.

What's more, one is inflation adjusted, the other is not, one goes back to 1947 one only goes back to 1975. On top of that, inflation is not a fixed variable! Inflation figures change yearly or possibly daily as is the case in some countries.

Whats more the horizontal bars have nos cale like the vertical bars in the other diagram do.

Thus attempting to garner any useful information is utterly pointless and misleading. Dont fall prey to statistical fiddling.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

Now who will teach us how to live? :?: :P

[EDIT] Oh and Tom Clancy's Endwar predicted wrong! - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42187.html
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

If you ever get outnumbereb, call for blackup. Poll - no Pool is closed.

Obama is going to clean the Mess up.. to tell the truth, with that mountain of shit reaching into orbit (national debt, dozen of wars, economic-crisisd) it´s a wonder he didn´t let Mc Cain win just to live with the results.

PS: Oh, my God they killed Kennydie! Let´s hope some Racist Bastards who will attempt several Sniperattacks for shure, will be d-gunned by the FBI first for the four years to come. But don´t worry about the future... just celebrate the Moment.
Muzic

Obama

Post by Muzic »

is this win?

y/y?
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

This is epic win. As an 11th generation New Englander, this is the greatest day of my 25 years.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”