Ressurecting the Showdown! - Page 4

Ressurecting the Showdown!

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Tribulexrenamed

Re: Ressurecting the Showdown!

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

Uh... use the wiki and ask questions, and go to #moddev.

Most stats are in the unit fbi.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

first release
http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/fil ... wn_beta-1/

ok, if you download this, please play it with an open mind, dont just look for its faults
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Oh darn I just realised you are [PoCS]Zoythrus Image
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

Surprise!
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

No...not quite.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

if i could get one more mod please, i would quit this project and will never bring up this idea any more.

i want:
EE
the Chickens
SW
FF
any thing else but Nanoblobs, i need buildings to work with.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Zoy64 wrote:EE
Not gonna happen.
SW
hahahaha
Argh

Post by Argh »

any thing else but Nanoblobs, i need buildings to work with
No, you don't, if you're actually serious about "preserving the gameplay" and doing a mashup.

Put the Nanos in, and adjust their health/DPS to something reasonable, get their Armor tables figured out, and voila, you have a working faction. It's not that hard, and it's not a lot of work.
lurker

Post by lurker »

SpikedHelmet wrote:[moderator text removal]
You're not allowed to suggest jerkishness?
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

well, is there anything against me using FF? ill use the Core
Tribulexrenamed

So you are saying that whether they give you permission or not, you are using FF?

GOOD WORK SIR
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

no, i just want to use it REALLY badly!
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Argh wrote:
No, you don't, if you're actually serious about "preserving the gameplay" and doing a mashup.

Put the Nanos in, and adjust their health/DPS to something reasonable, get their Armor tables figured out, and voila, you have a working faction. It's not that hard, and it's not a lot of work.
Wow, a first in this thread. Someone is encouraging Zoy to use their mod! :lol:
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Do I understand correctly?

It is fair game for various mod creators within the Spring community to copy commercial intellectual property and incorporate in their mods.

And its not fair game for Zoy64 to copy the intellectual property from these derivative mods and include in his mod.

(and yes I realise that this does not apply to all mods as some Spring mods do use original content)
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

This is an issue over Original Content, so yes, I suppose that is a misunderstanding. To my knowledge, this mod already contains the Total Annihilation stuff... doesn't it?
smoth

Post by smoth »

jellyman wrote:Do I understand correctly?
Probably not. Most of us dislike how many people have directly taken the content from OTA. I used to pester people about it and after a while people got pissed and all I did was make more people hate me. So most of us have stopped pestering people about their stolen content.
jellyman wrote:It is fair game for various mod creators within the Spring community to copy commercial intellectual property and incorporate in their mods.
Starwars and gundam are made from their own models while our work is obviously going to look like the art from those fantasy worlds. We created all of the models etc. We didn't merely rip them from a game somewhere. So to say we copied intellectual property is partially true, we made our own models and art. That is not the same as ripping someone's shit off. I could give two fucks if zoy tries to make his own models but my work is still my work. It might be someone else's IDEA, gundam, zakus, etc that is gundam that is the whole point.
jellyman wrote:And its not fair game for Zoy64 to copy the intellectual property from these derivative mods and include in his mod.
as I said, if zoy wants to make his own models I could give two shits, if he tries to take my models that is a different story and he doesn't have my permission to use my work.
jellyman wrote:(and yes I realise that this does not apply to all mods as some Spring mods do use original content)
And someone spending years making fan are tributing IP that you are highly fond of is the same as stealing all of a game's content? Maybe I miss understand you.

I have every right to tell zoy he cannot use my artwork. I have spent man years on my project.
Tribulexrenamed

smoth wrote:I have spent man years on my project.
Thank god they weren't women years.

I am going to make a showdown mod. i thought it would be good to make it part of this thread. Its called Tribulex vs. Krogoth vs. Pewee.

Tribulex is a very awesome-looking unit I made with pretty much invincible features and massively OP weapons.

Krogoth is a stupid-looking robot that is impossible to kill but is very slow.

Pewee is super fast all-terrain and can cloak and stealth for cheap-shots.

If anyone wants to contribute a faction let me know. Its the best mod of the century.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

i had thought that people would be more open to the idea of a cross-over mod, but maybe i was wrong. I just tried to do something that had not been done before. It may be a stupid idea, but you can at least give me credit for trying to make it happen. I'm sorry to have thought up this idea, and i can see what everyone is saying. I'll quit the idea unless for some reason someone wants me to bring it back.
:cry:

I was really hoping to try to erase my past mistakes by compiling a really awesome mod. Well, i apologize for the anger, rage, and frustration i have probably caused.

Sorry for the trouble,
Zoy
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Argh wrote:

I don't think that would be enough to balance them. The growth slopes and resource dependancy would b0rk it, even if you could do the impossible and balance the power levels. TA has a hard time without metal and has semi-exponential gameplay, KP needs geos and has a fixed limit depending on geo-availability, and Blobs can play anywhere and is purely exponential.
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

Zoy64 wrote:i had thought that people would be more open to the idea of a cross-over mod, but maybe i was wrong. I just tried to do something that had not been done before. It may be a stupid idea, but you can at least give me credit for trying to make it happen. I'm sorry to have thought up this idea, and i can see what everyone is saying. I'll quit the idea unless for some reason someone wants me to bring it back.
:cry:

I was really hoping to try to erase my past mistakes by compiling a really awesome mod. Well, i apologize for the anger, rage, and frustration i have probably caused.

Sorry for the trouble,
Zoy
Good! Now this idea is put to rest. Thank you very much Zoy, for killing your own idea. People trully appreciate this.

NOW LOCK THIS THREAD. NOW.

Return to “Game Development”