Starcraft 2 split into three games??? - Page 4

Starcraft 2 split into three games???

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Death Dragon

Re: Starcraft 2 split into three games???

Post by Death Dragon »

Well A and B don't look so different for me.
With A we would probably get 10 or more mission campaigns per faction.
And with B we get a 30 mission Terran campaign.

I don't want to know how often I used the word "campaign" in this thread. :-)
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

You guys just like hating on blizzard :roll:
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Zpock wrote:You guys just like hating on blizzard :roll:
Well, they do make about 7.5 million dollars a day. They are kind of ominous and dark...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Zpock wrote:You guys just like hating on blizzard :roll:
DID you read my fucking post!?!

Samwise was the single most influential artist in my LIFE. All of my hand drawn art, I learned to do light and shadow from reproducing his methods.

They were the fucking gold standard for me and my belief of release when it is ready is based on their development. When I do a model I work on it an tweak it always asking myself can I do this better.

No I am a fan of blizzard this is greed driven. They are maximizing profit to effort with this bullshit. You guys kept ignoring me, so I stopped trying. I read and responded to your post. You merely dismiss me as hating blizzard! What a preposterous notion.
Dash_Riprock

Post by Dash_Riprock »

I must admit I am a little disappointed at this too, but don't understand why this bothers you so much. You are getting exactly what you always were - 30 missions' worth of sigleplayer campaign, plus the multiplayer game. Yes, it is a profit making technique. Making a sequel to an already successful title is also a profit making technique. Making a game in the first place is a profit making technique. Until a company's profit making agenda starts having a negative effect on the product, I don't see how you can complain.

Now if Blizzard did something like have separate online servers only for people with the add-ons, then that's a problem. But assuming that doesn't happen, if you don't want the extra SP missions, just pretend they don't exist.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Might have been covered, but they're not pulling the whole War Hammer 40k thing where you have to have the resepective packs to play certain races-right?
smoth

Post by smoth »

you shouldn't have to Muzic.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Muzic wrote:Might have been covered, but they're not pulling the whole War Hammer 40k thing where you have to have the resepective packs to play certain races-right?
Lol, that would go over real well. No playable zerg or protoss for 3 years.

That being said, I think it's now more plausible that they may make some major integretion at a later date. I've always wanted to see another playable race in star craft, and the initial stance was basically "not for SC2"... now with 3 SC2's, who knows?
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I think it's going to work just like any other expansions they made, where they might rework balance (not super likely) a la The Frozen Throne, and most definitely add in additional units like they did in the expansion for starcraft (YES THERE IS AN EXPANSION FOR STARCRAFT BLIZZARD HAS BEEN DOING EXPANSIONS SINCE WC2 THIS IS NOTHING NEW THEY SUDDENLY DO OUT OF MASSIV E INCREASE IN GREEED HUNGER LEVELS) called broodwar.

So basically for multiplayer you probably will need to have all the expansions if you wanna play the same game as everyone else will be playing, since vanilla will most likely die.

Besides, Blizzard makes such quality products that they're f***** entitled to take a higher price for it. All games cost the same however so it makes sense that they make one product into 3 that will still be more worth it then all the other crappy games you could get instead and then some.
smoth

Post by smoth »

why do I try.

Ok whatever you won the internet argument. Pat yourself on the back. An episode is not the same as an expansion. It will all go fine regardless and you will love it. Fine. Enjoy yourself.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Blizzard could sell some Fanfags every Unit packed seperate, and they still would defend that.. Proffessional Pathetic - they could charge a living from it.

Guess if you don´t know it better,even EA is still good Company, after all, the Good old Times where you got a whole Game for your Money, are a rather abstract time, long before real Gaming began.

Tortuga welcomes those who had there shareware for fullprice with open Arms.. ;)

PS: I have a old SC-Broodwar here, i would be willing to sell it to you R.O.V.s (RipOffVictims) for only 80$ - come on - it´s a classic, and if Blizzard would call it fairGametrade, you wouldn´t whine that mutch... ;)

Me will look through the Blizzardartworkbook, hoping somewhere out there one of six Billion Humans decides to do that Thing on, now Blizzard has phailed.
Death Dragon

Post by Death Dragon »

It's not like I like what they did because they are Blizzard, I just don't see what's so bad about those expansions.
smoth wrote:... An episode is not the same as an expansion. ...
You still don't know that they are going to be expansions?
smoth wrote:why do I try.

Ok whatever you won the internet argument. Pat yourself on the back. It will all go fine regardless and you will love it. Fine. Enjoy yourself.
I can say the same thing to you but with "It will all go bad regardless and you will hate it" instead of what you've written.
(That doesn't mean I'm going to absolutely love the expansions. The maingame isn't out yet, what can I know about the expansions?)
El Idiot

Post by El Idiot »

There were mission packs for the original SC (not done by Blizzard though), and I really doubt all the people complaining about it being episodic bought those. As long as it has the working components in one package, why do you all care? No one is going to force you to buy the mission packs.
In fact, I'm doubting how well they'll sell. Everyone will be too caught up in mastering the MP to care.

If the actual expansions are as game altering as Broodwar, I'd gladly pay full price for them. I have to agree with Muzic, at least it's not like the 40K monstrosity.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Well, you guys can have your piss and gloom, I am excited as fuck to be getting three times as much SC single player.

EPIC WIN
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

30 missions of singleplayer as one faction? Sounds boring and unvaried.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Don´t you get it, this is a fork in the Road. One leads to the left, moving on on the highQuaility for your Money, that Blizzard once was. The other one leads to the EApic Phail Blizzard will become through this. But of course, there are over 9k Companys like Blizzard ready to take the Throne? Oh, not, shit, so the Throne will be empty? ;) Seems to me that way..
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PicassoCT wrote:Don´t you get it, this is a fork in the Road. One leads to the left, moving on on the highQuaility for your Money, that Blizzard once was. The other one leads to the EApic Phail Blizzard will become through this. But of course, there are over 9k Companys like Blizzard ready to take the Throne? Oh, not, shit, so the Throne will be empty? ;) Seems to me that way..
If it was any other company I'd be singing the same song... But blizzard doesn't make bad games. They will simply not release a game rather than release a bad game. Even if I hate the direction they are going here, I know it will be a good game. I can think of a plethora of problems I believe taking this path will create, but ultimately, this is blizzard we are talking about, the game is going to be good, all the problems will be addressed. The only thing I have to worry about is my bank account, because THAT I know they will not protect.
smoth

Post by smoth »

they used to choose choice C.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

ZellSF wrote:30 missions of singleplayer as one faction? Sounds boring and unvaried.
Maybe there will be a non-linear mission tree. Ie you do mission A and complete objective A1, you go to mission B1. Or you can complete objective A2 and go to mission B2, etc. (there was something like this in SC:BW campaign). This way there can be a lot of missions, yet no single campaign will be more than say 9-10 missions long.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

as much as i dont like this because im not a huge fan of SP games blizzards track record means they should/will make it work. Delaying SC 2 to make it even better is always good most of us have been waiting years for this :P. Blizzards last 4 ventures have all been outstanding success's

Starcraft - The biggest rts all of time and arguably the best and still the most played competitive rts with a good expansion

Diablo 2 - Biggest action rpg ever (still number 1 today) with a good expansion

Warcraft 3 - Second most played competitive rts (after SC) was huge and still has a huge playerbase mainly thanks to custom maps (impaticular DOTA) shows that world editor pwns. Again good expansion

World of Warcraft - The king of mmo's as much as most people who dont play it dislike it. WoW still sits on the throne and dusnt seem like it will be dethroned anytime soon(poor warhammer ;*(). 1 good expansion and another coming in 2 weeks.

Basically blizzard have got away with making 4 games in 10 years and are still raking it in, No other company has been that succesful and dominant of 3 different genre's.

SC2 will be no exception to the ownage that are blizzard games even in 3 installments

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”