Fallout 3

Fallout 3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Peace

Fallout 3

Post by Peace »

Anyone playing it? I must say I think it kicks some serious ass sofar :mrgreen:
Machiosabre

Re: Fallout 3

Post by Machiosabre »

i dont have a 360, and it wasnt leaked anywhere else >(
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

how come so many people play it then...?
smoth

Post by smoth »

modded 360s
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Fuck me, my PC is probably going to run it like ass. Do I need to play the older Fallout games in order to be in the story loop, or does it explain some of the backstory?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

if you haven't played the previous fallouts... what are you doing here wasting time posting, mate?
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

REVENGE wrote:Fuck me, my PC is probably going to run it like ass. Do I need to play the older Fallout games in order to be in the story loop, or does it explain some of the backstory?

Whether or not you are out of the story loop, you need to play the older fallout games or else you deserve shooting!

I hope they've hidden some easter eggs again, like the Tardis in Fallout 1 :P
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

As much as I really want to believe F3 is going to blow my socks off, I can't really do so because its made by the same company as 'Oblivion'.

Now don't get me wrong, Oblivion was a good game, it looked good, it played....reasonably good, but:

The 'random NPC conversation' system, coupled with the fact there were only like, two NPC voice actors meant that frequently I saw two twins talking about a store they like to buy goods in which was run by....themselves. And I frequently saw guards walking into walls perpetually or getting stuck on tiny flaws in the floor.

I'd just hate it if I got it home after the buildup, installed it and it turned out to be a massive pile of wank.
Peace

Post by Peace »

Well I did enjoy Oblivion as well, maybe it got a bit tedious after a while though..

Can't say for sure about Fallout 3 since I'm just a few hours into the game so far. But from what I've seen I'm really impressed. The games post nuclear war atmosphere is just sooo awesome. It's a really cool feeling exploring the remnants of civilization. Like last night when I was out on a mission for a shopkeeper and found this old powerplant with some really unfriendly mutants living in it :wink:
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

REVENGE wrote:Fuck me, my PC is probably going to run it like ass. Do I need to play the older Fallout games in order to be in the story loop, or does it explain some of the backstory?
It's reasonably well known that bethesda took a giant shit on the original storylines anyways, so playing the first games first would probably just confuse you.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Peace wrote:Well I did enjoy Oblivion as well, maybe it got a bit tedious after a while though..

Can't say for sure about Fallout 3 since I'm just a few hours into the game so far. But from what I've seen I'm really impressed. The games post nuclear war atmosphere is just sooo awesome. It's a really cool feeling exploring the remnants of civilization. Like last night when I was out on a mission for a shopkeeper and found this old powerplant with some really unfriendly mutants living in it :wink:
its not out until the 31st so wtf.

Also, I forgot something: In Oblivion, I went to da magkics! teaching place and made a weapon that could insta-kill anything.

I called it 'The butterknife of doom', mainly because it was a bloody butterknife to begin with.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

There are mods that allow you to kill people with knives and forks, I made a video on it, it's on google somewhere.

Yeah, hopefully this won't blow.
smoth

Post by smoth »

SwiftSpear wrote: It's reasonably well known that bethesda took a giant shit on the original storylines anyways, so playing the first games first would probably just confuse you.
It's a good thing.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

smoth wrote:It's a good thing.
Ya, I'm not shoelip, I haven't already decided the game is going to be crap.

I'm just saying, there's absolutely no requirement of playing the first games first. They MAY have some easter eggs as hommage to the first games, characters or artifacts that played a part in the earlier games, so if you have played the first games you might get the inside joke a little more. But in terms of story line, none of the games have really demanded you have played the older games, and in this case, Bethesda isn't keeping strictly to the original story anyways.

I'm worried about how good the game will be, but honestly, it will be a game I'll be buying the second I possibly can.

[edit] the previous being said, I HIGHLY recommend you play the first games anyways, since they are the best RPGs in the history of mankind, if not the best games period. I think fallout 1 is even abandonware these days...
smoth

Post by smoth »

lol, shoelip is still around? I heard he was a pretty angsty guy eh, hates ea and doesn't afraid of anything.

Yeah man, I know, I just wanted to post that it was a good thing before someone shoelips in the thread.
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

You can buy the Fallout Collection (Fallout I, 2 and Tactics) for about $10. It's worth it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I really love when game companies do that!
El Idiot

Post by El Idiot »

Nostalgia says it will fail. But all the people who never played any of the originals will think it's the sh*t, assume it's better than the originals, and call anyone who says otherwise too poor to own a machine capable of running it.
I'm suddenly remembering the "shock" series desecration that so many naive people loved.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

El Idiot wrote:Nostalgia says it will fail. But all the people who never played any of the originals will think it's the sh*t, assume it's better than the originals, and call anyone who says otherwise too poor to own a machine capable of running it.
I'm suddenly remembering the "shock" series desecration that so many naive people loved.
Bioshock was a good game though... It was more a tatical magic shooter than an first person RPG, but it was alot of fun to play.
smoth

Post by smoth »

El Idiot wrote:Nostalgia says it will fail. But all the people who never played any of the originals will think it's the sh*t, assume it's better than the originals, and call anyone who says otherwise too poor to own a machine capable of running it.
Hi elitist

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”