Mod in Dev: TA Infinite War

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

BytesBR

Post by BytesBR »

Hello!
I and Bozoman (In Spring Lobby's [DP]Bozoman_) its making a new mod, im am the principal founder and Bozoman its a really friend (And Geek to script LOL!). Well lets take about the first version of Infinite War!

What the news to game?
The Infinite War seach by new style of air transports, can transport 8 - 32 units in same ship, other modification it a layer, increasing a visibility of player!

Ow! How i can use the air transport?
Well, the air transport's hav a loader bay, the units will wait there and the transport will get him and fast unload on the area selected, after this he get back to the bay.

More ideas? Comment! :P
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Re: Mod in Dev: TA Infinite War

Post by bobthedinosaur »

avoid OTA IP
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

bobthedinosaur wrote:avoid OTA IP
He just got into this, it's good to use something as a base and start adding stuff.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am confused, your project is a singular unit or is that your current first concept?
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

When looking at the avatar and hearing about "Infinite War" I'd say avoid Supreme Commander IP first - someone might actually care at GPG... :wink:
BytesBR

Post by BytesBR »

LOL!
Well dont is a singular unit, but im and Bozo will creat more!

Really i hav, and i am fan of Supreme Commander, but TA Spring it more easy to mod.

Well Infinite War is a cool name... :roll:
smoth

Post by smoth »

I mean no disrespect but is english your second language?
BytesBR

Post by BytesBR »

I brazilian and training my inglish (Joining in inglish community is the best way, and free :lol:)

Really is a first concept!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Wasn't Eternal Struggle based on a game called Infinite War already?
smoth

Post by smoth »

well keep working out the concept. Good luck working on your english, I am sure many people won't mind if it isn't perfect.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

smoth wrote:well keep working out the concept. Good luck working on your english, I am sure many people won't mind if it isn't perfect.
lies and cake

GRAMMAR POLICE
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

What is "inglish"?
I like this idea though
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

inglish
letter_e.jpg
letter_e.jpg (26.22 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
inglish is spanish for 'english', why they do it I have no idea, and its slightly annoying when tis used in english text that's been translated yet they cant even get the name of the language they're writing in correct.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

OTA is the only complete, functional unit-set for Spring that you won't have Smoth or Fanger or Argh (quite rightly) jumping down your throat for swiping. All the other mods you could filch units from are incomplete. Well, if you mashed up some of KDR's stuff you might come up with enough units for a complete TA-style mod, but it'd be pretty damned surreal. Did anybody ever finish up XvM?
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

KDR_11k wrote:Wasn't Eternal Struggle based on a game called Infinite War already?
... ES is not based on any game/book/film, at least storywise.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

AF wrote:inglish is spanish for 'english', why they do it I have no idea, and its slightly annoying when tis used in english text that's been translated yet they cant even get the name of the language they're writing in correct.
Similar reason to why we call Espanol Spanish I guess. But yeah, if I was attempting to write in Espanol I'd be sure to get the name of the language right. With the wavy thing over the n and all.
BytesBR

Post by BytesBR »

Good!

Sorry by inglish, i have some questions some times on english language, but i will upgrade.

I'm wanting a put new naval ships, and the Mod is based in Balanced Annihilation.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

AF wrote:inglish is spanish for 'english', why they do it I have no idea, and its slightly annoying when tis used in english text that's been translated yet they cant even get the name of the language they're writing in correct.
presumably its Portgese for english too, because they speak portugese in brasil >_>
Bozoman

Post by Bozoman »

Hello
shit, i don't know that he will post in forum in the very beggining of the mod, but its is ok, i have some bugs but it will be fixed
A question: spring limitates the max number of units that cam be transported? if yes can i chage it?
smoth

Post by smoth »

you can set it on a per unit basis. I am unaware of any hard limit. Transport limits are defined in the transport unit's .fbi file.

Return to “Game Development”