fido - Page 4

fido

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Jazcash

Re: fido

Post by Jazcash »

Sypor is the only map he's ever used :<
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I preferred the one just before that. The teeth and tail don't suit the roboticness and definitely don't fit in with arm.

This illustrates why we need a unit database though, you could virtually populate a dog faction just from the prototypes made in a couple of days by daan.

P.S. nice modelling, I can see it improving.
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

daan 79 wrote:Image

maybe i should go for longer legs. And indeed the top is ugliest needs alot work
That is awesome.

No, keep the legs short, it gives the unit better balance.

But, refine the turret mounting. Its a fine line with such an 'fine' unit but it still needs to be able to withstand actually being fired.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Tx all. :oops:

In this model i also used long legs. Is it better. Alot supcom in the model huh. i tried dino heads but they dont fit right.

Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

It's nice.

The best in my opinion is still the one that Elkvis quoted recently. I like the appearance from above also, think it's quite distinctive.

You'll have to settle on one eventually ;) Or do a poll...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

A lot fo that geometry seems like its unnecessary an could be done on the texture alone
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

AF wrote:A lot fo that geometry seems like its unnecessary an could be done on the texture alone
Yeah, not only is it unnecessary, but it will just turn into pure noise when viewed at any reasonable distance. A high-frequency texture will be mipmapped into a blur at midrange in a sort of half-assed anti-aliasing. Polygons don't, so they'll just turn into random pixels.

All that high-frequency repeating ridges on the face, abdomen and shoulders will look nice in renders, but is not just a waste but will actually look like ass in use.

Still, a nice model. Got a good shape there, look forward to seeing it skinned.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

not enough extrusions
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Nice models, too many polies.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

it was just to experiment omg

ok poll is going on.

If any one wanna see the other than last one say so.

If not i will just "try to texture" the last one.(after a few adjustments)

I will not "try to texture" the otherones since i am too noob and i see to many trouble with the uv map with that model. and i dotn want.

That said i probelly wont succeed skining this one either but i might give it a go.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Elkvis wrote:
daan 79 wrote:Image
This is the best you have so far. Don't deviate away from this design, stick with it.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Just noticed how zoids-ey the last one is... not that that's a bad thing in any way...

REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Is that second image a toy or a model screenshot? I can't really tell...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

toy, definitely, and don't quote the images.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Guess what I told him last night... image google for Koenig Wolf.
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

Pxtl wrote:toy, definitely, and don't quote the images.
Actually, only quote the parts you need in any case. Unless maybe if it is in another thread or a long while ago in the same thread, but probably not those.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Somebody's been having fun with their edit powers.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

hi,

I think i need to stick to the second last than

I just need to find a way to make it less heavy

greetz
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Why do Guns always have to be big Retro in Second&First Worldwarstyle? Modern Guns are as fragile as they can be (using Plastic to make them Lighter, only Barrel and Mechanics are still made of Metall... so why has it always to be the return to the big Ugly Metallrod..

Samething with Computers.. once you mention, really powerfull Machinery, the Comon Imagination looks for a ManhighBox resembling to the Garagesized Futurefurniture of 50s...why, can´t small be beautifull, after all everything modern is becoming greater with shrinking size (Radio>Walkman>Mp3Player) Power increased.. Size smaller.. and there comes a nice surprise Effect with it.. imagine a Davidfleah blasting One-Shot a Krog with one longloading Blast....

I wish there was a Competition for the most bizarre, fragile Ray/lightning/gun design.. just once not the sizematters Metall Dick..

It even could be made completely of free floating elements, only hold together by a Forcefield.. It´s the Future, hell, get over it.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

daan 79 wrote:Tx all. :oops:

In this model i also used long legs. Is it better. Alot supcom in the model huh. i tried dino heads but they dont fit right.

butt cannon

Return to “Art & Modelling”